Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LaurenGayle

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:18 pm

sibley wrote:but nice for when you have visitors! Maybe you should name your house "The Trees" there is a house in Geneva called that. It may be a resort, I don't know. I think it's just a rich person's house on the lake. But it's a nice name.

Ha, I do like the idea of renaming my house. It is really the most random, adorable thing -- a cute little red house surrounded by giant apartment buildings and restaurants.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:but nice for when you have visitors! Maybe you should name your house "The Trees" there is a house in Geneva called that. It may be a resort, I don't know. I think it's just a rich person's house on the lake. But it's a nice name.

Ha, I do like the idea of renaming my house. It is really the most random, adorable thing -- a cute little red house surrounded by giant apartment buildings and restaurants.

you definitely should!

Pom?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything today? I'm interested in everyone else's fate almost as much as my own :D

Plus, this thread shouldn't be on the second page!

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Kim617 wrote:Has anyone heard anything today? I'm interested in everyone else's fate almost as much as my own :D

Dunno if it counts but I got the admitted students page and asw email?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:40 pm

kaydish21 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Has anyone heard anything today? I'm interested in everyone else's fate almost as much as my own :D

Dunno if it counts but I got the admitted students page and asw email?

Ha, I was a bit disappointed when I logged in. I was like, that's it? But happy enough that I got it at all.

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 am

whats the next complete date after 1/14? are there only two complete dates a month (when the schools update their info) or are there more?

just wondering if the 1/29 group is next...seems like they've been working on the 1/14 batch the past couple of weeks

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 am

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm doing something at work for a place on AVE DE LOS ARBOLES in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Pretty names. Avenue of the Treeeees. When I get a house that's what I'm naming my sidewalk.

i always liked rue de paradis in Paris. Paradise street? sounds nice. my street in florence was via dei cerchi which means road of the circles. best part? it wasn't a circular block. it ran completely straight and parallel to via dei calzaiuoli.

<3 Florence. I want to go back.
Maybe they meant there were 'circles' as in, elite groups or something... or round stones for the paving...

ahh, firenze :D kim, aren't you spending the summer there? have i mentioned how jealous i am??

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 am

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm doing something at work for a place on AVE DE LOS ARBOLES in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Pretty names. Avenue of the Treeeees. When I get a house that's what I'm naming my sidewalk.

i always liked rue de paradis in Paris. Paradise street? sounds nice. my street in florence was via dei cerchi which means road of the circles. best part? it wasn't a circular block. it ran completely straight and parallel to via dei calzaiuoli.

Maybe they meant there were 'circles' as in, elite groups or something... or round stones for the paving...

ahh, firenze :D kim, aren't you spending the summer there? have i mentioned how jealous i am??

you are??? I also am so jealous! I wanted to go back this summer but the flights are ridiculous.

also, I just found out yesterday that wustl's deposits are due April 1. I think I'll go visit on the 30th or something, but I might want to put down a deposit just because they're the best bang for the buck so far.... =/

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 am

sibley wrote:also, I just found out yesterday that wustl's deposits are due April 1. I think I'll go visit on the 30th or something, but I might want to put down a deposit just because they're the best bang for the buck so far.... =/

Kinda surprised you'd go there over Dozo.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 am

beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:also, I just found out yesterday that wustl's deposits are due April 1. I think I'll go visit on the 30th or something, but I might want to put down a deposit just because they're the best bang for the buck so far.... =/

I'm questioning my life and don't feel confident enough to close any doors. If you consider the COL it almost makes up the scholarship difference... and the ranking is 30 better.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am

sibley wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

I'm questioning my life and don't feel confident enough to close any doors. If you consider the COL it almost makes up the scholarship difference... and the ranking is 30 better.

Good luck with your decision. Shit's gettin real.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 am

beef wellington wrote: Shit's gettin real.

yeah =/

the lsat/apps/waiting for decisions was apparently the easy part.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 am

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:i always liked rue de paradis in Paris. Paradise street? sounds nice. my street in florence was via dei cerchi which means road of the circles. best part? it wasn't a circular block. it ran completely straight and parallel to via dei calzaiuoli.

you are??? I also am so jealous! I wanted to go back this summer but the flights are ridiculous.

also, I just found out yesterday that wustl's deposits are due April 1. I think I'll go visit on the 30th or something, but I might want to put down a deposit just because they're the best bang for the buck so far.... =/

Yep! I'm teaching english at a camps for little kiddies. I'm so excited! Though I don't think I'll be in firenze, I think I'll be closer to the italian riviera or milan. A nice couple of months before the hell that is law school :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:21 am

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:<3 Florence. I want to go back.

Yep! I'm teaching english at a camps for little kiddies. I'm so excited! Though I don't think I'll be in firenze, I think I'll be closer to the italian riviera or milan. A nice couple of months before the hell that is law school :)

=) I have an ex who did this for a summer. he's a jerk and copies me - I spent a summer au pairing to some kids so they could learn English. up there too- Bolzano.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am

You probably know this, but that April 1st one is refundable...(I am still irritated with them, however, that I have to put down a deposit when I do not even know what the school will cost me...when over a month ago they told me I was being considered for a scholarship...what are they DOING over there?!?)

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 am

nowinGA wrote:

You probably know this, but that April 1st one is refundable...(I am still irritated with them, however, that I have to put down a deposit when I do not even know what the school will cost me...when over a month ago they told me I was being considered for a scholarship...what are they DOING over there?!?)

everyone's super backed up suddenly. I'm waiting on BU, Gtown, USC... if there's anyone else I don't care about them =P

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am

since i can't attend ASD, i'm sitting in on an evening Torts class on thursday! what are the chances i'll have any idea what's going on?

starsong

Postby starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 am

hannah87 wrote:since i can't attend ASD, i'm sitting in on an evening Torts class on thursday! what are the chances i'll have any idea what's going on?

Probably zero :-) Enjoy!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 am

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:since i can't attend ASD, i'm sitting in on an evening Torts class on thursday! what are the chances i'll have any idea what's going on?

:D thanks. 2 hours is a long time to go without understanding anything. then again, i took chem for pre-meds in college...

starsong

Postby starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:24 am

hannah87 wrote:
starsong wrote:

:D thanks. 2 hours is a long time to go without understanding anything. then again, i took chem for pre-meds in college...

lol i'm sure it won't be like chem. i mean this is law after all...you know what they say, the profession for liberal arts majors that don't know what to do with themselves. can't be that bad...

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
starsong wrote:

lol i'm sure it won't be like chem. i mean this is law after all...you know what they say, the profession for liberal arts majors that don't know what to do with themselves. can't be that bad...

you'll understand some =) email the professor and ask for materials!

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Just a heads up, I e-mailed the admissions office this morning. They said that they are currently reviewing mid-January applicants. Late January applicants will be reviewed in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping to hear soon. I sent my application in on 1/15, but their status checker says that I went complete on 1/29. Kind of frustrating. And the wait continues....

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Who is going Saturday to the admitted students thingy???

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

it's a little annoying that ASW for both fordham and georgetown are this weekend. sorry fordhamites, i won't be seeing you :(

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Kim617 wrote:it's a little annoying that ASW for both fordham and georgetown are this weekend. sorry fordhamites, i won't be seeing you :(

This weekend and the week of April 9 are biggies. I think every school I was accepted to had something this weekend or that weekend. Luckily, I was able to rule most of them out without visiting (career goals, money, etc), or I would have been trying to burn the candle at so many ends. As it is, I'm trying to arrange visits to all/most of my WL schools... Grr!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”