Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
phonepro

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby phonepro » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm

hannah87 wrote:
those definitely seem like really solid numbers for the evening program! i haven't been following the part-time admissions as closely, but i think i've read that it's harder to get money if you're in the evening program. OperaSoprano, am I correct?

i figured that.. ugh bad news :(... well see! lol; congrats again !

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 pm

phonepro wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
those definitely seem like really solid numbers for the evening program! i haven't been following the part-time admissions as closely, but i think i've read that it's harder to get money if you're in the evening program. OperaSoprano, am I correct?

i figured that.. ugh bad news :(... well see! lol; congrats again !
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:wow- such amazing news today!! congrats to all who were admitted. i got some good news, too: $25k/year scholarship!!! 90% sure i'm going to fordham :D

congrats on that scholarship! nice =D

thanks!!! good luck to you both :)

Dingolady

Postby Dingolady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

For those of you who got an admit letter, who signed it? The assistant director of admissions? Is the director still tbd? planning a visit and don't know who to meet with...

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:00 am

Got my letter from financial aid this weekend - 20k/yr, which is certainly generous but I know they've offered more to others. I'll see how I like the ASD on Saturday.

I'm completely confused now because I got into the Kennedy School on Thursday morning (yay) while I was at the Cardozo ASD. So... I might abandon law school plans for now or choose to do a joint degree or say no to KSG and go to law school anyway. But I don't know. I attended a wedding this weekend with a bunch of lawyers and law students and the consensus among them was that the JD would be significantly more valuable, but the Kennedy School would be much more fun and interesting. I find out about $$ from KSG on April 1 so if I get a decent package that may drive my decision. I want to be excited and happy but I'm really just confused and stressed.

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

chutzpah wrote:Got my letter from financial aid this weekend - 20k/yr, which is certainly generous but I know they've offered more to others. I'll see how I like the ASD on Saturday.

I'm completely confused now because I got into the Kennedy School on Thursday morning (yay) while I was at the Cardozo ASD. So... I might abandon law school plans for now or choose to do a joint degree or say no to KSG and go to law school anyway. But I don't know. I attended a wedding this weekend with a bunch of lawyers and law students and the consensus among them was that the JD would be significantly more valuable, but the Kennedy School would be much more fun and interesting. I find out about $$ from KSG on April 1 so if I get a decent package that may drive my decision. I want to be excited and happy but I'm really just confused and stressed.

Wow, I'm trying to make the same decision. Have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111517&view=viewpoll

If I get into Fordham, I'll probably go. But its still a hard choice.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 am

evilgenius wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Got my letter from financial aid this weekend - 20k/yr, which is certainly generous but I know they've offered more to others. I'll see how I like the ASD on Saturday.

Wow, I'm trying to make the same decision. Have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111517&view=viewpoll

If I get into Fordham, I'll probably go. But its still a hard choice.

oh hey, look at that, i'm not alone! just posted on your thread. good luck and please pm me if you want to share thoughts.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:12 pm

doot doot doot doot...

any news today?

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

are there any stats that anyone can find about how many people fordham typically lets in off the WL?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

and the beast wrote:are there any stats that anyone can find about how many people fordham typically lets in off the WL?

someone go do this.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm

sibley wrote:
and the beast wrote:are there any stats that anyone can find about how many people fordham typically lets in off the WL?

someone go do this.

yes please!

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Well I'm withdrawing today, so the answer is at least one :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm

umichgrad wrote:Well I'm withdrawing today, so the answer is at least one :)

where are you headed? and are your stats accurate? if so, fordham apparently just didn't like me as a human being.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:39 pm

sibley wrote:

someone go do this.

i think opera may have some insight on this. i also wonder if they rank the WL, i'm just curious about that.

dudders

Postby dudders » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Just got my financial aid letter in the mail, only $6,700 per year in grants. Giving myself 24 hours to sleep on it but 99% sure I'm withdrawing. Fordham would be awesome but not awesome enough to justify nearly $200,000k in loans.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

someone go do this.

i think opera may have some insight on this. i also wonder if they rank the WL, i'm just curious about that.

The waitlist is unranked, but I get the sense they have certain people they really want to admit.

According to DB, the number varies every year, and is impossible to predict. My year, almost no one got in FT (the few WL admits had 167/3.5+, and had just applied late), but a decent number got in PT. I can think of a dozen people just offhand.

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:11 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

someone go do this.

The waitlist is unranked, but I get the sense they have certain people they really want to admit.

According to DB, the number varies every year, and is impossible to predict. My year, almost no one got in FT (the few WL admits had 167/3.5+, and had just applied late), but a decent number got in PT. I can think of a dozen people just offhand.

AHHHH i want it so bad.

yung

Postby yung » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 pm

hey when u guys say "grants" do you guys mean scholarships or do u mean the financial aid u guys got after applying for it?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 pm

yung wrote:hey when u guys say "grants" do you guys mean scholarships or do u mean the financial aid u guys got after applying for it?

grants = financial need... supposed to be anyway

starsong

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Just got off the phone with financial aid. Amazing how pleasant they are to speak with! Really impressive compared to some schools that treat you like you're a major interruption to their day...

yung

Postby yung » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:47 pm

oh I see, thanks guys. Is it too late to apply for financial aids now??

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm doing something at work for a place on AVE DE LOS ARBOLES in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Pretty names. Avenue of the Treeeees. When I get a house that's what I'm naming my sidewalk.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:04 pm

sibley wrote:I'm doing something at work for a place on AVE DE LOS ARBOLES in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

Pretty names. Avenue of the Treeeees. When I get a house that's what I'm naming my sidewalk.

i always liked rue de paradis in Paris. Paradise street? sounds nice. my street in florence was via dei cerchi which means road of the circles. best part? it wasn't a circular block. it ran completely straight and parallel to via dei calzaiuoli.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm doing something at work for a place on AVE DE LOS ARBOLES in Thousand Oaks, Ca.

i always liked rue de paradis in Paris. Paradise street? sounds nice. my street in florence was via dei cerchi which means road of the circles. best part? it wasn't a circular block. it ran completely straight and parallel to via dei calzaiuoli.

<3 Florence. I want to go back.
Maybe they meant there were 'circles' as in, elite groups or something... or round stones for the paving...

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Kim617 wrote:

I live on a numbered street. Leaves something to be desired haha.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

I live on a numbered street. Leaves something to be desired haha.

but nice for when you have visitors! Maybe you should name your house "The Trees" there is a house in Geneva called that. It may be a resort, I don't know. I think it's just a rich person's house on the lake. But it's a nice name.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”