Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
musicfor18

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 am

I'm 167/3.7. What do you think of my chances? LSP has me as ADMIT, but it seems like they're getting lots of competitive apps this cycle.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 am

musicfor18 wrote:I'm 167/3.7. What do you think of my chances? LSP has me as ADMIT, but it seems like they're getting lots of competitive apps this cycle.

calling it now WL

edit: anyone wanna say im wrong go ahead..... I am sure i'll be waitlisted too but i am not gung ho on Fordham as some of you other die hards....

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:35 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I'm 167/3.7. What do you think of my chances? LSP has me as ADMIT, but it seems like they're getting lots of competitive apps this cycle.

calling it now WL

edit: anyone wanna say im wrong go ahead..... I am sure i'll be waitlisted too but i am not gung ho on Fordham as some of you other die hards....

I think anyone who hasn't heard as of yet is likely to be waitlisted unless their numbers are absolutely stellar.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:47 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

calling it now WL

I think anyone who hasn't heard as of yet is likely to be waitlisted unless their numbers are absolutely stellar.

Agreed... back in november they were admitting low numbers, and in tracking this thread from page 1 there was a trend of higher and higher stats being WL throughout. Most seats are probably taken at this point.

That being said, 167/3.7 is the apparent magic number for merit scholarships. So I vote either in, or WL/in, but in either scenario the admit will come with money. I noticed it wasn't uncommon for WL->in fordhamers last year to get money offers throughout the summer.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:49 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

calling it now WL

I'm thinking the very same thing. And why not, I say? I'm collecting waitlists right now, so I need a right-fielder and a short reliever and then I can field a full team.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Does anyone know when waitlisted people will hear anything?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Jacinda wrote:Does anyone know when waitlisted people will hear anything?

anytime between now and august. But, there's a strong likelihood that a huge WL-> admit batch will occur during the week following 4/15, since that's the first deposit date. Another, smaller batch should occur after the june deposit date as well.

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Gonna be a rough end to Cuse's season tonight...

Oh really now???

Also how long was it from email acceptance to snail mail scholly news? Did the scholly letter come with acceptance packet?

Thanks guys, and about to go tailgate at the Red Bulls first game in the new stadium - Yeah boy!

Pumpkin McPastry

Postby Pumpkin McPastry » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I applied to Fordham the 1st week of December. Didn't hear about an acceptance until about March 12th and that was via email. The acceptance packet came early the next week.

I just got a letter today offering scholarship money, so to answer the question it does not necessarily come in the same letter as the acceptance packet.

If anybody wants numbers I'll share.

Law Schooler

Postby Law Schooler » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Good Idead fitzgerald86.
I am PT. Complete 1/12. Still Waiting. 162 3.88.

Lets begin the roll call.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

I'm a 163/3.5 URM. Do I have a chance at either the PT or FT program?

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Jacinda wrote:I'm a 163/3.5 URM. Do I have a chance at either the PT or FT program?

For sure you do, I think with both. Maybe waitlist full-time, but it's hard to tell...

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:27 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
Jacinda wrote:I'm a 163/3.5 URM. Do I have a chance at either the PT or FT program?

For sure you do, I think with both. Maybe waitlist full-time, but it's hard to tell...

Thanks! I hope because I was already rejected from Hastings.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

I was in a similar boat back in 2008, when I first applied to Fordham. I applied about this time too, and I got accepted soon after. I would say that people on this thread are right about MOST people only getting WL now, but you should just wait and see what happens b/c not all hope is lost ... if you're in, you're in no matter when you get that notice.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Mattalones wrote:

I was in a similar boat back in 2008, when I first applied to Fordham. I applied about this time too, and I got accepted soon after. I would say that people on this thread are right about MOST people only getting WL now, but you should just wait and see what happens b/c not all hope is lost ... if you're in, you're in no matter when you get that notice.

Thanks! Here's hoping!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 am

Jacinda wrote:
Mattalones wrote:

Thanks! Here's hoping!

Plus, even if you are WL, Fordham goes pretty deep into their WL. Good luck!

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 am

As I've mentioned, I'm waiting to hear back for the PT program, been complete since 1/12. I was accepted to a competitor school, BC, last week... do people think it is generally helpful to let a school know this? I was thinking about writing an e-mail to the admissions office letting them know I'd been accepted to BC but that Fordham remains my top choice...

Wingdw

Postby Wingdw » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:51 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:As I've mentioned, I'm waiting to hear back for the PT program, been complete since 1/12. I was accepted to a competitor school, BC, last week... do people think it is generally helpful to let a school know this? I was thinking about writing an e-mail to the admissions office letting them know I'd been accepted to BC but that Fordham remains my top choice...

I think the general consensus is that it doesn't really help to send any sort of letter of continuing interest unless you've been waitlisted by that school. I don't think that you being accepted by BC will really influence their decision in one way or the other.

I imagine they'll be doing another round of decisions this week, given that the initial seat deposit deadline for most schools is approaching.

phonepro

Postby phonepro » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:20 pm

hannah87 wrote:wow- such amazing news today!! congrats to all who were admitted. i got some good news, too: $25k/year scholarship!!! 90% sure i'm going to fordham :D

when/how did you hear about this? i just got my admission letter in the mail like 2 days ago. I'm hoping for some money.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

phonepro wrote:
hannah87 wrote:wow- such amazing news today!! congrats to all who were admitted. i got some good news, too: $25k/year scholarship!!! 90% sure i'm going to fordham :D

when/how did you hear about this? i just got my admission letter in the mail like 2 days ago. I'm hoping for some money.

hi! i heard about it via snail mail. it came in a separate letter from my admission letter. give it about a week. then i'd say call the financial aid office if you haven't heard anything (as they don't seem to answer emails)... good luck!

phonepro

Postby phonepro » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:36 pm

hannah87 wrote:
phonepro wrote:

hi! i heard about it via snail mail. it came in a separate letter from my admission letter. give it about a week. then i'd say call the financial aid office if you haven't heard anything (as they don't seem to answer emails)... good luck!

thanks and congrats!! im evening program w/ a 165/4.0... think i have a chance?

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 pm

hannah87 wrote:
phonepro wrote:

Hey Hannah we have similar numbers I was wondering if you called admissions before you got ur scholly or if it just came. I sent them an email last week but no response should I call them. Just got my acceptance letter on friday.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Huluba23 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
phonepro wrote:

Hey Hannah we have similar numbers I was wondering if you called admissions before you got ur scholly or if it just came. I sent them an email last week but no response should I call them. Just got my acceptance letter on friday.

hey! no, i didn't call. i sent two emails, which were never answered. the scholarship letter just arrived in the mail- it was about 10 days after i got the admissions email. hope this helps! good luck!!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

phonepro wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
phonepro wrote:

thanks and congrats!! im evening program w/ a 165/4.0... think i have a chance?

those definitely seem like really solid numbers for the evening program! i haven't been following the part-time admissions as closely, but i think i've read that it's harder to get money if you're in the evening program. OperaSoprano, am I correct?

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 pm

congrats on that scholarship! nice =D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”