Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
adgirl13 wrote:Totally cute, looks worth way more than $50! :)

RIGHT?! It was originally $168, so it's definitely a deal. I love VS clearance, it makes me so happy. I love my VS Card just as much, because I spend money that I don't have! YAY!

but you get points for it, right??? I have a BR card that I love. they send me birthday presents, along with piperlime.

Poultry is not meat!

Well I get a lot of rewards cards, like $10 off and stuff. And coupons for free beauty stuff and underwear. I hate VS bras, but I like their clothes, shoes, bathing suits and sleepwear. I wish they would open up a store that had their clothes and shoes, amazing.

Poultry counts, you're not supposed to eat it I don't think.
Last edited by Kim617 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

bjf wrote:Does anyone know approximately how long it is taking admissions to reject applicants? I guess I'm just hoping and praying that since it's been 2+ months and I haven't heard anything, that I still might have a shot even if it's a tiny tiny one..

I waited 12 weeks for my acceptance, and there are a lot of people still waiting. Don't lose hope!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
adgirl13 wrote:Totally cute, looks worth way more than $50! :)

RIGHT?! It was originally $168, so it's definitely a deal. I love VS clearance, it makes me so happy. I love my VS Card just as much, because I spend money that I don't have! YAY!

but you get points for it, right??? I have a BR card that I love. they send me birthday presents, along with piperlime.

Poultry is not meat!

Well I get a lot of rewards cards, like $10 off and stuff. And a coupon for free beauty stuff and underwear. I hate VS bras, but I like their clothes, shoes, bathing suits and sleepwear. I wish they would open up a store that had their clothes and shoes, amazing.

i hated their bras too, but the VS PINK ones are much better!

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:41 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:RIGHT?! It was originally $168, so it's definitely a deal. I love VS clearance, it makes me so happy. I love my VS Card just as much, because I spend money that I don't have! YAY!

Poultry is not meat!

Well I get a lot of rewards cards, like $10 off and stuff. And a coupon for free beauty stuff and underwear. I hate VS bras, but I like their clothes, shoes, bathing suits and sleepwear. I wish they would open up a store that had their clothes and shoes, amazing.

I have wardrobe issues with their bras. My boobs are not gigantic, I should be able to wear a demi cup thank you very much.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:RIGHT?! It was originally $168, so it's definitely a deal. I love VS clearance, it makes me so happy. I love my VS Card just as much, because I spend money that I don't have! YAY!

Poultry is not meat!

I have to try them on, then! The regular ones never fit right and the straps always stretch out. Plus, they're like 50 bucks, and I won't pay that for a bra. :D

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:42 pm

bjf wrote:Does anyone know approximately how long it is taking admissions to reject applicants? I guess I'm just hoping and praying that since it's been 2+ months and I haven't heard anything, that I still might have a shot even if it's a tiny tiny one..

I sent my app in before xmas; complete in january, rejected early march... having them reconsider my app for the part-time program.

Not sure if that gives you any insight into the timeline I experienced.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Or any part-time applicants still waiting?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Well I get a lot of rewards cards, like $10 off and stuff. And a coupon for free beauty stuff and underwear. I hate VS bras, but I like their clothes, shoes, bathing suits and sleepwear. I wish they would open up a store that had their clothes and shoes, amazing.

I have to try them on, then! The regular ones never fit right and the straps always stretch out. Plus, they're like 50 bucks, and I won't pay that for a bra. :D

yeah the regular VS never fit me normally either. definitely check these out. the PINK ones are cheaper, too! (around $35 i believe? i may be wrong)

bjf

Postby bjf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Kim617 wrote:

I waited 12 weeks for my acceptance, and there are a lot of people still waiting. Don't lose hope!

Thanks, Kim. I feel like if they were going to auto ding me I would have heard by now. I guess time will tell...

and the beast

Postby and the beast » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

for those accepted - when do you need to send in your deposits by? just wondering bc i was WL'ed and want to know when they will start considering.. :) anyone know that either?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

and the beast wrote:for those accepted - when do you need to send in your deposits by? just wondering bc i was WL'ed and want to know when they will start considering.. :) anyone know that either?

4/15

yung

Postby yung » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

hey when u said that the scholarship notice came in the mail without notice did you also receive an email telling you that you are accepted? (And did they mention that you got scholarship on that email?) Thanks for all the help!!!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:48 pm

yung wrote:hey when u said that the scholarship notice came in the mail without notice did you also receive an email telling you that you are accepted? (And did they mention that you got scholarship on that email?) Thanks for all the help!!!

yes, email about acceptance. no mention of scholarship. the first thing i heard about it was in the snail mail letter.

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Mathis wrote:

I sent my app in before xmas; complete in january, rejected early march... having them reconsider my app for the part-time program.

I applied for the PT program, my current status date says 1/29 (though I applied on 1/15). Getting impatient...the longer I wait the more attractive FT at 'dozo looks.

bjf

Postby bjf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Mathis wrote:

Hmm..that helps a bit. Maybe I will hear within the next few weeks. Good luck! Maybe you'll get in PT! I applied PT, fwiw.

Mathis

Postby Mathis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

evilgenius wrote:
Mathis wrote:

I applied for the PT program, my current status date says 1/29 (though I applied on 1/15). Getting impatient...the longer I wait the more attractive FT at 'dozo looks.

I went to ASD at dozo yesterday. Was actually really impressed. I got accepted to the FT program with a very very generous scholly as well, so it's definitely looking like a good choice for me. Though, I do want to know about fordham. Thanks for the info.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

What a gorgeous day outside. Just played 18 holes, shot a 95 (50 on the front, 45 on the back). Not bad for my first time out this year. 4 pars (including 3 of last 4 holes) and one birdie. And now I'm off to watch basketball and drink beers all day. Not even gonna bother with worrying about schools today.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:09 pm

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

3.4, 169. So far, 2 acceptances, george washington and fordham, 2 waitlists, ucla and boston college, and 1 pending from georgetown which I think might be good news!

Exciting! Fordham's location is amaaaaazing!

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:15 pm

When did you go complete?

GermX wrote:I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!

3.4, 169. So far, 2 acceptances, george washington and fordham, 2 waitlists, ucla and boston college, and 1 pending from georgetown which I think might be good news!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:15 pm

CONGRATS! good luck with gtown!

evilgenius

Postby evilgenius » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh yeah...and congrats!!!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:What a gorgeous day outside. Just played 18 holes, shot a 95 (50 on the front, 45 on the back). Not bad for my first time out this year. 4 pars (including 3 of last 4 holes) and one birdie. And now I'm off to watch basketball and drink beers all day. Not even gonna bother with worrying about schools today.

I want your life. Well, maybe not the 18 holes of golf part (no way I could handle that!) but the being outside/watching basketball/drinking beers part.

And Congrats GermX!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:19 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:What a gorgeous day outside. Just played 18 holes, shot a 95 (50 on the front, 45 on the back). Not bad for my first time out this year. 4 pars (including 3 of last 4 holes) and one birdie. And now I'm off to watch basketball and drink beers all day. Not even gonna bother with worrying about schools today.

I want your life. Well, maybe not the 18 holes of golf part (no way I could handle that!) but the being outside/watching basketball/drinking beers part.

Sometimes you gotta take care of yourself, Lauren

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:23 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

LOL, agreed. I'm proud of you. And trying to set up some outside drinking as soon as work is over ;-)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:27 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Yeah, it's BEAUTIFUL out today. I went for a run in the park, but then I felt bad that I left my dog at home, so I drove home and picked him up, and he loved it. Then I did some yoga, and now I'm watching Flashforward from last night. Today is a good day.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Yeah, it's BEAUTIFUL out today. I went for a run in the park, but then I felt bad that I left my dog at home, so I drove home and picked him up, and he loved it. Then I did some yoga, and now I'm watching Flashforward from last night. Today is a good day.

i'm stuck in my cubicle. entering hospital data. and my office smells musty today. not such a good day :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”