Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 am

F un!
O pera Soprano goes there
R eliable Career Services
D ean Brown rocks.
H opeful I'll get in..
A mazing faculty
M anhattan location. who can beat it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 am

I looked up this morning, but my status checker hadn't changed
I logged on to TLS to start my day
Then lost myself in a familiar forum
I closed my eyes and I slipped away.....

So many times I have hit refresh
My fingers start to cramp as the day goes by
Yet I still recall every time I log on
How bad I want them to just let me in.....

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
That I'll get good news from Fordham today

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I looked up this morning, but my status checker hadn't changed
I logged on to TLS to start my day
Then lost myself in a familiar forum
I closed my eyes and I slipped away.....

So many times I have hit refresh
My fingers start to cramp as the day goes by
Yet I still recall every time I log on
How bad I want them to just let me in.....

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
That I'll get good news from Fordham today

very impressive!!!!!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am

AlanShore wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I looked up this morning, but my status checker hadn't changed
I logged on to TLS to start my day
Then lost myself in a familiar forum
I closed my eyes and I slipped away.....

So many times I have hit refresh
My fingers start to cramp as the day goes by
Yet I still recall every time I log on
How bad I want them to just let me in.....

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
That I'll get good news from Fordham today

very impressive!!!!!


Thank you. It's my favorite classic rock song of all time, so I had to give it a shot

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 am

rockthelaw wrote:Just a small town girl
Hopin' for a law school world
She sent her application to Fordham Law

Just a city boy
Lookin' for the slightest change
On his application status for Fordham Law

Don't stop believin'
Come on, Fordham, let me in
LSATs, Haiku-u-u-uuuuuussssssss


WIN.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Katerina wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I'm not gonna try my hand at a poem, but I will pray for a Festivus miracle that we all start hearing some good news soon.


+1 :mrgreen:


I'm glad someone finally got it.


Thanks for reminding me that its time to set up the Festivus pole in my cubicle! Also, I have my fingers crossed that you all will get good news today! :-)

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:58 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Katerina wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I'm not gonna try my hand at a poem, but I will pray for a Festivus miracle that we all start hearing some good news soon.


+1 :mrgreen:


I'm glad someone finally got it.


Thanks for reminding me that its time to set up the Festivus pole in my cubicle! Also, I have my fingers crossed that you all will get good news today! :-)


If not, they will be atop my list for the Airing of Grievences.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:[quote="H. E. Pennypacker

I'm glad someone finally got it.


Thanks for reminding me that its time to set up the Festivus pole in my cubicle! Also, I have my fingers crossed that you all will get good news today! :-)


If not, they will be atop my list for the Airing of Grievences.[/quote]

Maybe you only get your acceptance letter if you pin the dean? ;-)

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jk11287 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:17 am

Your poems are all impressive (and hilarious), but I worry that they are reflective of the torture Fordham is inflicting upon all of us. Cant they just give us a decision alraedy???

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 am

I will take on the Dean in the Feats of Strength if I have to.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 am

I asked the sky:
Why are all my dates the same?
why have I not been blessed?

The sky replied:
It does not change by words you say,
so stop trolling TLS.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:34 am

jk11287 wrote:Your poems are all impressive (and hilarious), but I worry that they are reflective of the torture Fordham is inflicting upon all of us. Cant they just give us a decision alraedy???


Dude, they are totally reflective of the torture. I actually had a dream the other night in which I was freaking out because, in the dream, I submitted an incomplete application to a law school.

How did this process take over my life?!

User avatar
clem21
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby clem21 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:39 am

rockthelaw wrote:
jk11287 wrote:Your poems are all impressive (and hilarious), but I worry that they are reflective of the torture Fordham is inflicting upon all of us. Cant they just give us a decision alraedy???


Dude, they are totally reflective of the torture. I actually had a dream the other night in which I was freaking out because, in the dream, I submitted an incomplete application to a law school.

How did this process take over my life?!

I was already insane before the whole application process started but it's probably not helping things...

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sirchristaylor » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:46 am

Burger in a can wrote:
SanBun wrote:
bighead715 wrote:you must hate rap/hip-hop then...my favorite is "wayne on me" -- best set of lyrics ever

edit: poor grammar when i am making fun of music with poor grammar :?


it's not so much poor grammar, there are just certain things that bug me and "where dreams are made of" is definitely one of them. but i'll admit the song is great overall


Yeah this isn't cool hip hop grammar- it's almost more like a stupid typo that made its way all the way into the recording studio.


Bad grammar, but whatever! Fordham, congrete jungle where dreams are made of! There's nothing you can't do.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:50 am

I'm offended by anyone who thinks that Lil Wayne makes "hip-hop". Obviously, he specializes in Ghetto Techno.

Also, since song lyrics are basically bad poetry, I don't know why you'd expect proper grammar since poetry has no grammar. I am imagining a robotic man trying to listen to song lyrics now and when he detects a run on sentence he starts sputtering "DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE." Loosen up, jeez.

User avatar
RubyDoomsday
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 am

Jumping on the full-lyric bandwagon with som Manilow....

I remember all through October,
I couldn’t wait till apps were over
Will my higher LSAT be chosen?
Will they average or round?
And where the hell did LSAC get that GPA?!

Oh, and after all that strain and drive
My status checker finally arrived
But the one that matters most of all,
seems not write or call
I hope you realize how happy you’d make me…

Oh Fordham
Well I made the deadline, now I’m waiting
And it could be today!
Oh Fordham
And my love of the program ain’t fading
Although I might be insane
Oh Fordham

Hit F5 every 10 minutes or so
It won’t change a bit, but even so
Maybe the adcoms log
Every time we refresh?
Let me in today,
I swear I’ll do my best there-

At Fordham
In the heart of the city of bright lights
And ever-lost tourists
Oh Fordham
Pardon me if this rhyme scheme’s not quite right
My BA was in writing, not music
Oh Fordham

(modulation!)

Oh Fordham
I promise to show in September
With my laptop in hand
Oh Fordham
If you just chose today to remember
To accept the TLS clan
Oh Fordham….

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:05 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:Jumping on the full-lyric bandwagon with som Manilow....

I remember all through October,
I couldn’t wait till apps were over
Will my higher LSAT be chosen?
Will they average or round?
And where the hell did LSAC get that GPA?!

Oh, and after all that strain and drive
My status checker finally arrived
But the one that matters most of all,
seems not write or call
I hope you realize how happy you’d make me…

Oh Fordham
Well I made the deadline, now I’m waiting
And it could be today!
Oh Fordham
And my love of the program ain’t fading
Although I might be insane
Oh Fordham

Hit F5 every 10 minutes or so
It won’t change a bit, but even so
Maybe the adcoms log
Every time we refresh?
Let me in today,
I swear I’ll do my best there-

At Fordham
In the heart of the city of bright lights
And ever-lost tourists
Oh Fordham
Pardon me if this rhyme scheme’s not quite right
My BA was in writing, not music
Oh Fordham

(modulation!)

Oh Fordham
I promise to show in September
With my laptop in hand
Oh Fordham
If you just chose today to remember
To accept the TLS clan
Oh Fordham….


Very nice. This is definitely the most creative forum out there. Kudos to us.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:09 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:Jumping on the full-lyric bandwagon with som Manilow....

I remember all through October,
I couldn’t wait till apps were over
Will my higher LSAT be chosen?
Will they average or round?
And where the hell did LSAC get that GPA?!

Oh, and after all that strain and drive
My status checker finally arrived
But the one that matters most of all,
seems not write or call
I hope you realize how happy you’d make me…

Oh Fordham
Well I made the deadline, now I’m waiting
And it could be today!
Oh Fordham
And my love of the program ain’t fading
Although I might be insane
Oh Fordham

Hit F5 every 10 minutes or so
It won’t change a bit, but even so
Maybe the adcoms log
Every time we refresh?
Let me in today,
I swear I’ll do my best there-

At Fordham
In the heart of the city of bright lights
And ever-lost tourists
Oh Fordham
Pardon me if this rhyme scheme’s not quite right
My BA was in writing, not music
Oh Fordham

(modulation!)

Oh Fordham
I promise to show in September
With my laptop in hand
Oh Fordham
If you just chose today to remember
To accept the TLS clan
Oh Fordham….


This is great! All these songs remind me of when we used to do this for RUSH (don't hate me for the comparison ;-)). Which was a nice memory for a second, until I remembered that was 5 years ago. Now I just feel old haha.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Two things:

1. Ruby - I read that in Barry's voice. Kinda strange considering most of your posts have a very feminine voice in my head.

2. Seriously folks, I am not musically inclined, but some of you seem to be. Promise me (and OS your job is to make sure this happens) that at orientation in the fall some of you (I will not be included since tone-deaf is an understatement) record these songs and give them to the admissions office. They will love it!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:Two things:

1. Ruby - I read that in Barry's voice. Kinda strange considering most of your posts have a very feminine voice in my head.

2. Seriously folks, I am not musically inclined, but some of you seem to be. Promise me (and OS your job is to make sure this happens) that at orientation in the fall some of you (I will not be included since tone-deaf is an understatement) record these songs and give them to the admissions office. They will love it!


I would definitely give it a shot, but there is no way I can hit those high notes that Boston does. They're not doin much these days, maybe I can get them to record it for me.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:Two things:

1. Ruby - I read that in Barry's voice. Kinda strange considering most of your posts have a very feminine voice in my head.

2. Seriously folks, I am not musically inclined, but some of you seem to be. Promise me (and OS your job is to make sure this happens) that at orientation in the fall some of you (I will not be included since tone-deaf is an understatement) record these songs and give them to the admissions office. They will love it!


I would definitely give it a shot, but there is no way I can hit those high notes that Boston does. They're not doin much these days, maybe I can get them to record it for me.


If I get accepted and attend, I will absolutely start a band with anyone interested. Not that we'll have much time to play once school gets going, but hey, there seem to be a lot of creative musical minds out here!

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beebs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:Two things:

1. Ruby - I read that in Barry's voice. Kinda strange considering most of your posts have a very feminine voice in my head.

2. Seriously folks, I am not musically inclined, but some of you seem to be. Promise me (and OS your job is to make sure this happens) that at orientation in the fall some of you (I will not be included since tone-deaf is an understatement) record these songs and give them to the admissions office. They will love it!


I would definitely give it a shot, but there is no way I can hit those high notes that Boston does. They're not doin much these days, maybe I can get them to record it for me.


If I get accepted and attend, I will absolutely start a band with anyone interested. Not that we'll have much time to play once school gets going, but hey, there seem to be a lot of creative musical minds out here!


I'm in. However, I am a terrible singer.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Still no movement on the status checker front. Just went under review at GULC though. I don't stand a chance but it's still nerve-racking.

User avatar
RubyDoomsday
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby RubyDoomsday » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:Two things:

1. Ruby - I read that in Barry's voice. Kinda strange considering most of your posts have a very feminine voice in my head.

2. Seriously folks, I am not musically inclined, but some of you seem to be. Promise me (and OS your job is to make sure this happens) that at orientation in the fall some of you (I will not be included since tone-deaf is an understatement) record these songs and give them to the admissions office. They will love it!


Hah, well, no one has ever called my singing voice "feminine"....actually, I do not think anyone has ever called me feminine at all...I sort of sing like the vocal lovechild of Meatloaf and Joan Armatrading.

And I am totally up for putting together a CD of the collective insanity that happened on this board, only if though we can get some bongo drums for people to read the hiakus to.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:08 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
And I am totally up for putting together a CD of the collective insanity that happened on this board, only if though we can get some bongo drums for people to read the hiakus to.


I can supply electronic bongo drum patches for recording...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Ca2021, JosefK, potterotter, proteinshake, xn3345 and 13 guests