Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:01 pm

musicfor18 wrote:Hey, I'm starting to get nervous about that part on the application that asks you to list all other schools you applied to. Do you think they might yield protect based on that? Or, at the very least, they might infer that Fordham isn't your first choice?

All the schools I listed were ranked in the T14, and they didn't YP me. I don't think you should worry about it.

hanabana

Postby hanabana » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 am

According to the status checker, I went complete on 1/26/10, and right now it still says "Complete" instead of Under Review or something like that. Is this normal? Or do they simply not have a UR status, and go from complete-->decision?

Don't know if I should bother admissions about this yet...
Should I be worried about this?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 am

hanabana wrote:According to the status checker, I went complete on 1/26/10, and right now it still says "Complete" instead of Under Review or something like that. Is this normal? Or do they simply not have a UR status, and go from complete-->decision?

This.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 am

danidancer wrote:
hanabana wrote:According to the status checker, I went complete on 1/26/10, and right now it still says "Complete" instead of Under Review or something like that. Is this normal? Or do they simply not have a UR status, and go from complete-->decision?

This.

There's no UR status.

yung

Postby yung » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 am

hey just got the acceptance letter, I finished my app around 1/15 so if anyone submitted around then, good luck to you!
I am also wondering how you guys got the scholarships? Did they just notify you or was it in the online status checker?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:09 am

yung wrote:hey just got the acceptance letter, I finished my app around 1/15 so if anyone submitted around then, good luck to you!
I am also wondering how you guys got the scholarships? Did they just notify you or was it in the online status checker?

it just came in the mail, no warning.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 am

Cupidity wrote:$7500 a year for 3 years, $22,500.00!!!! Hell yes, my first scholarship offer from any school... now the leveraging may begin!

I got the same deal, with no strings.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 am

Just got my boss to bump my 10 AM department meeting to 1030 so I can be online to buy Pearl Jam tickets.

Then, spring break starts at 4:30 PM today.

Today's gonna be a good day, I think.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 am

even2flow wrote:Just got my boss to bump my 10 AM department meeting to 1030 so I can be online to buy Pearl Jam tickets.

lol nice.

happy spring everyone! tomorrow morning, anyway =)

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:Just got my boss to bump my 10 AM department meeting to 1030 so I can be online to buy Pearl Jam tickets.

lol nice.

happy spring everyone! tomorrow morning, anyway =)

+1

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:08 am

I hate you, Ticketmaster.

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 am

even2flow wrote:I hate you, Ticketmaster.

what happened?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am

even2flow wrote:I hate you, Ticketmaster.

=(
not your network settings this time?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

Tickets went on sale at 10 AM, I was there at 10 AM, and the best it could find me was jammed in the balcony in the back. At 10 AM, less than a minute after tickets went on sale, THAT was the best they could find me.

Looks like I'm gonna hafta go through stub hub :(

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

Any chance the waitlisters will hear anything before April 15? Or should we submit our deposits elsewhere and hope for the best?

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

SAE wrote:Any chance the waitlisters will hear anything before April 15? Or should we submit our deposits elsewhere and hope for the best?

submit deposits elsewhere and hope for the best

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 am

sibley wrote:
SAE wrote:Any chance the waitlisters will hear anything before April 15? Or should we submit our deposits elsewhere and hope for the best?

submit deposits elsewhere and hope for the best

I saw in this thread that there was wl activity as early as February. Could that hold up?

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:21 am

even2flow wrote:Tickets went on sale at 10 AM, I was there at 10 AM, and the best it could find me was jammed in the balcony in the back. At 10 AM, less than a minute after tickets went on sale, THAT was the best they could find me.

you should check back ALL the time. You know how radio stations and stuff give away tickets? So there are usually concert tickets that dont go on sale because theyre put aside for promotional stuff. They release whatever isnt used a few days (or a week? cant exactly remember now) before the actual event and you can get really good seats at that time.

Also, peoples credit cards dont go through sometimes so if you keep calling back periodically (depends how obsessive you are, but multiple times a day is preferred) you are sure to get something good

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am

even2flow wrote:Tickets went on sale at 10 AM, I was there at 10 AM, and the best it could find me was jammed in the balcony in the back. At 10 AM, less than a minute after tickets went on sale, THAT was the best they could find me.

At least Yankee individual tickets go on sale at noon! I usually get to about 6 games a year (wish I could afford more), but this year, I'll be away all summer. Maybe I'll go in April or May, but it's usually pretty cold going to games in the early months. I'll miss you this summer, Yankee Stadium.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:25 am

goosey wrote:

you should check back ALL the time. You know how radio stations and stuff give away tickets? So there are usually concert tickets that dont go on sale because theyre put aside for promotional stuff. They release whatever isnt used a few days (or a week? cant exactly remember now) before the actual event and you can get really good seats at that time.

Also, peoples credit cards dont go through sometimes so if you keep calling back periodically (depends how obsessive you are, but multiple times a day is preferred) you are sure to get something good

plus they keep the tickets reserved for a certain number of minutes if you click on 'buy' and if you don't get them they're offered again.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 am

Hah, yeah I guess obsessively checking at work isn't a bad idea. The show's not til May, so I prob should hold off for a month before buying from stub hub.

Blah! at least I have a week off next week. :mrgreen:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

When I was little, I LOVED Pearl Jam. Like "Jeremy" was my favorite song. My dad used to make me listen to rock when I was younger, like 4-5 years old. Now their political crap turns me off, just like Green Day. I can't stomach Green Day anymore. I switched from rock to rap/hip hop by the age of around 7, and I worship at the alter of Jay Z.

edit: Plus, I loved "Even Flow" because it mentioned butterflies. I was very misguided before the age of 5. I was briefly (very briefly) a Dallas Cowboys fan when I was like 3 because I liked their colors. I'm horrified to admit this. My dad wasn't having it and showed me the light that is the New York Giants (and the constant letdown that is being a fan of the team, besides 2007).

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 am

Kim617 wrote:When I was little, I LOVED Pearl Jam. Like "Jeremy" was my favorite song. My dad used to make me listen to rock when I was younger, like 4-5 years old. Now their political crap turns me off, just like Green Day. I can't stomach Green Day anymore. I switched from rock to rap/hip hop by the age of around 7, and I worship at the alter of Jay Z.

edit: Plus, I loved "Even Flow" because it mentioned butterflies. I was very misguided before the age of 5. I was briefly (very briefly) a Dallas Cowboys fan when I was like 3 because I liked their colors. I'm horrified to admit this. My dad wasn't having it and showed me the light that is the New York Giants (and the constant letdown that is being a fan of the team, besides 2007).

Yeah, I don't care for the political stuff either, I just really like the music. Thankfully, with the new album they moved away from the politics and write about normal stuff again.

Also, my boss just gave me a half day since it's "so nice out, and you're not gonna be here next week anyway"

Today is turning out awesome anyway.

Edit - I suggest anyone bored today go to you tube and look up Pearl Jam - Unthought Known.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 am

"Even Flow" was my audition song for a band a few years back. Really fun audition.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:27 am

rockthelaw wrote:"Even Flow" was my audition song for a band a few years back. Really fun audition.

In my band we played Alive a lot b/c the guitarist could never get Even Flow right. Also they were a bunch of pop/punker hippies and I was the only one who wanted to play rock.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”