Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 pm

sibley wrote:I still sneak onto Disney channel when no one is home. (what can I say? I like cartoons.)

I dunno why but I never got into the Disney channel, nothing ever was super appealing to me on it. My ex loved High School Musical tho, and I had to sit through all three of those.

It almost cost me my will to live.

Edit for clarity - she was 24 at the time.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:I still sneak onto Disney channel when no one is home. (what can I say? I like cartoons.)

I dunno why but I never got into the Disney channel, nothing ever was super appealing to me on it. My ex loved High School Musical tho, and I had to sit through all three of those.

lol. those never appealed to me, I like Phineas and Ferb.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:23 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

i JUST saw that for the first time in my dermatologist's waiting room the other day! really quirky show.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:23 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

I think it had more to do with "I love Zac Efron, why are you not Zac Efron?"

We didn't last much longer.

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 pm

[quote="even2flow]

I was a late bloomer. I watched Nickelodeon well into my teens.[/quote]

Ditto. In fact I watched Pokemon until I was 21.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

I think it had more to do with "I love Zac Efron, why are you not Zac Efron?"

aw. I don't even know what he looks like. nor did I know he was in the movie. but it's okay. it's like that ax shower gel commercial. with the horse. backwards.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 pm

carlkenneth wrote:Ditto. In fact I watched Pokemon until I was 21.

Awesome - I watched Superman+Batman after school throughout high school. I bought the DVDs in college (that and TMNT)

Edit for quote fail
Last edited by even2flow on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

even2flow wrote:I think it had more to do with "I love Zac Efron, why are you not Zac Efron?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZonH-V4Os

Edit: Yeah, what Sibley said ;-)
Last edited by LaurenGayle on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm trying to play facebook games at work but my version of flash is outdated. I've downloaded firefox and chrome portable (don't have permissions for the comp) but can only get the flash to work on the firefox (YAY!) and I happen to much prefer chrome. any tips?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:26 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
even2flow wrote:I think it had more to do with "I love Zac Efron, why are you not Zac Efron?"

No video at work :(

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

http://portableapps.com/search/node/firefox

now you can do whatever you want.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:28 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Just the Old Spice Commercial ;-)

For some reason my computer isn't updating me on all the responses, which is why I'm repeating so many people in this thread haha

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

If this works you will be my hero.

Pretty sure filters are all custom built tho.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:32 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

If this works you will be my hero.

Pretty sure filters are all custom built tho.

so far mine hasn't filtered sites, but I rarely go on a site that gets a warning. though every time I go on fb I get a message saying I'm not allowed (it lets me through anyway) and on firefox I get no warnings. it works!

the only thing is you'll have to install flash separately. but it's a simple thing.

oh, also, chrome worked automatically (but no flash), but with firefox I had to go into my IE settings and find the link to my webproxy for it to load anything

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I just got my first acceptance today--to brooklyn. How soon before their deposit date should I contact admissions and ask them for a decision because I don't want to pay a deposit if I am not going to attend.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 pm

goosey wrote:I just got my first acceptance today--to brooklyn. How soon before their deposit date should I contact admissions and ask them for a decision because I don't want to pay a deposit if I am not going to attend.

as soon as you want- say you have deposit deadlines approaching but that you're most interested in them and would like a decision before you have to put down a seat deposit somewhere else. ask them how long it'll take. they'll probably just expedite your file then or whatever.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 pm

goosey wrote:I just got my first acceptance today--to brooklyn. How soon before their deposit date should I contact admissions and ask them for a decision because I don't want to pay a deposit if I am not going to attend.

Congrats! BLS is gonna send you a brick of a 'pamphlet' to read through

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 pm

even2flow wrote:

it's a very pretty brick =)

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:44 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

It's true, it's very colorful. It definitely surprised me when I got this huge package and was running through the last few days trying to think of what I ordered over the internet.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

It's true, it's very colorful. It definitely surprised me when I got this huge package and was running through the last few days trying to think of what I ordered over the internet.

go try the portable apps! I'm very curious if you're gonna love me or not.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:53 pm

sibley wrote:go try the portable apps! I'm very curious if you're gonna love me or not.

Doesn't look like it's working. I can't even get to CNN on it. I'll try it tomorrow morning when I get here when there's less people looking over my shoulder

France121069

Postby France121069 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm

How'd you hear????

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:go try the portable apps! I'm very curious if you're gonna love me or not.

Doesn't look like it's working. I can't even get to CNN on it. I'll try it tomorrow morning when I get here when there's less people looking over my shoulder

you won't be able to get into any websites unless you go to the proxy settings and change it to match what your IE proxy settings are

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Tried chrome too, still doesn't look like it's working. Gonna go try moving the proxy settings for firefox.

Edit - just kidding, we're using a custom build of IE, so I can't see my proxy settings in it.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Ha, I saw 6 new pages of this thread and figured Fordham must have released a deluge of decisions. This was almost as good though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”