Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!! :-D

First time I've ever seen the point of the holiday! My office has many delicious things. currently enjoying green dump cake and a bagel. lunch will be corn beef, cabbage, potatoes with some taco dip and soda bread on the side and followed by a green-frosted cupcake!

YUM! the place i worked last year had a themed lunch like that as well. here, we just have homemade soda bread, but i'm not complaining :wink:

I'm 3/4 Irish, but HATE Irish food. We need a more German themed holiday

I'm the opposite. I'm 3/4 Italian, but I'm a little bit Irish (and Dutch and German), and I love Irish food. My Sicilian grandmother makes a whole Irish meal on St. Patrick's Day for my Grandpa and all of us. Corned beef, cabbage (blech), carrots, and my absolute favorite: boiled potatoes!! I can eat like 5 whole boiled potatoes. I can't wait!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:YUM! the place i worked last year had a themed lunch like that as well. here, we just have homemade soda bread, but i'm not complaining :wink:

I'm 3/4 Irish, but HATE Irish food. We need a more German themed holiday

I'm the opposite. I'm 3/4 Italian, but I'm a little bit Irish (and Dutch and German), and I love Irish food. My Sicilian grandmother makes a whole Irish meal on St. Patrick's Day for my Grandpa and all of us. Corned beef, cabbage (blech), carrots, and my absolute favorite: boiled potatoes!! I can eat like 5 whole boiled potatoes. I can't wait!!

you gotta be careful with those potatoes. vary your diet up, you know.

also, the eyes have cyanide!

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 am

According to LSN it looks like Fordham is responding to the mid-January applicants this week. Unfortunately it seems as though there are a lot of rejections. Could this be the week my cycle ends? Or will Fordham make me wait until April 15 at 11:58PM and give me two minutes to decide on my other acceptances? Stay tuned!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:42 am

carlkenneth wrote:According to LSN it looks like Fordham is responding to the mid-January applicants this week. Unfortunately it seems as though there are a lot of rejections. Could this be the week my cycle ends? Or will Fordham make me wait until April 15 at 11:58PM and give me two minutes to decide on my other acceptances? Stay tuned!

ooh sounds like that show that used to be on nickelodeon, with henry and june. and action league now. I'm intrigued!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:44 am

Today's playlist:

The Wild Rover
The Irish Rover
Wild Colonial Boy
All For Me Grog
Whiskey in the Jar
Carrickfergus
McAlpine's Fusiliers
Wearin' of the Green
Molly Malone
Dirty Ol' Town
Black Velvet Band
Streams of Whiskey
Rocky Road to Dublin
Finnegan's Wake
Drunken Lullabies
Whiskey in the Jar
Whiskey on a Sunday
The Gang's All Here
Amazing Grace
Danny Boy
Seven Drunken Nights
Fields of Athenry
The Town I Loved So Well
Dublin in the Rare Old Times
And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda
The Auld Triangle

By the Dubliner, Pogues, and others.

What am I missing?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 am

sibley wrote:ooh sounds like that show that used to be on nickelodeon, with henry and june. and action league now. I'm intrigued!

Holy crap! Kablam! I remember that show.

Wasn't it on SNICK at one point?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am

rockthelaw wrote:Today's playlist:

The Wild Rover
The Irish Rover
Wild Colonial Boy
All For Me Grog
Whiskey in the Jar
Carrickfergus
McAlpine's Fusiliers
Wearin' of the Green
Molly Malone
Dirty Ol' Town
Black Velvet Band
Streams of Whiskey
Rocky Road to Dublin
Finnegan's Wake
Drunken Lullabies
Whiskey in the Jar
Whiskey on a Sunday
The Gang's All Here
Amazing Grace
Danny Boy
Seven Drunken Nights
Fields of Athenry
The Town I Loved So Well
The Auld Triangle

What am I missing?

well, green sleeves is english. but the accent is close. and it talks about green.

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am

rockthelaw wrote:Today's playlist:

The Wild Rover
The Irish Rover
Wild Colonial Boy
All For Me Grog
Whiskey in the Jar
Carrickfergus
McAlpine's Fusiliers
Wearin' of the Green
Molly Malone
Dirty Ol' Town
Black Velvet Band
Streams of Whiskey
Rocky Road to Dublin
Finnegan's Wake
Drunken Lullabies
Whiskey in the Jar
Whiskey on a Sunday
The Gang's All Here
Amazing Grace
Danny Boy
Seven Drunken Nights
Fields of Athenry
The Town I Loved So Well
The Auld Triangle

What am I missing?

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:ooh sounds like that show that used to be on nickelodeon, with henry and june. and action league now. I'm intrigued!

i think so. was that during the era of "are you afraid of the dark?" or after? scariest saturday nights ever when i watched that show.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

rockthelaw wrote:What am I missing?

Body of an American, by the Progues (familiar to anyone who is a fan of The Wire.)

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

hannah87 wrote:
even2flow wrote:

i think so. was that during the era of "are you afraid of the dark?" or after? scariest saturday nights ever when i watched that show.

Are you afraid of the dark was the best!! That was way earlier though (at least the first episodes)! I remember KaBlam! being much later, when my little brother was watching Nickelodeon. I think I was in HS at the time.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 am

hannah87 wrote:
even2flow wrote:

alex mac? I actually downloaded a few seasons of are you afraid of the dark and had a great time watching it as study breaks during finals. Snick was Saturday night Nick.

Nickelodeon isn't so good now. Disney's taken over. They've reversed, disney used to be for little kids and nick for big kids.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:What am I missing?

Body of an American, by the Progues (familiar to anyone who is a fan of The Wire.)

I guess you could say the Pogues' discography is just included by default.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah I think it was after too, but I watched Nickelodeon way past when it was acceptable for kids my age to be watching it.

Are you afraid of the dark was one of the best shows ever. I remember being thoroughly creeped out by that. Also, I loved the Nicktoons like Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy (just bought a shirt of that the other day actually).

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 am

even2flow wrote:Yeah I think it was after too, but I watched Nickelodeon way past when it was acceptable for kids my age to be watching it.

Are you afraid of the dark was one of the best shows ever. I remember being thoroughly creeped out by that. Also, I loved the Nicktoons like Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy (just bought a shirt of that the other day actually).

are you afraid of the dark creeped me out a few times whenI was taching it last year =P I still remember a commercial I saw for it when I was 11 or 12... on Snick... this kid tries to turn off his tv and it won't go off
and he goes to unplug it... and ITS ALREADY UNPLUGGED. freaking scary.

I hated ren and stimpy and catdog (maybe I was old for it? can't remember) but loved rugrats. freshman year of college my RA dressed up as quailman for halloween =D

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

even2flow wrote:Yeah I think it was after too, but I watched Nickelodeon way past when it was acceptable for kids my age to be watching it.

Don't forget Rocco's Modern Life!

My one friend has a (n orange) video tape with episodes of AYAOTD. There are also a few episodes on youtube. Not that I spend my time watching children's shows on youtube.

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

even2flow wrote:

Wow you really took it back! I was in high school at the time as well, but I loved this show. Prometheus and Bob were my favs! And ditto on Doug...I kind of thought I was Doug at one point (I was a miserable teenager).

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 am

Are you afraid of the dark is amazing! I always had to look away in the beginning because a clown was in the credits. Yes, I'm afraid of clowns, no judging!! Love Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, and of course, Clarissa Explains It All!! Ha, speaking of Doug, I've seen a lot of Quailman Halloween costumes the past couple of years. Great costume!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

sibley wrote:are you afraid of the dark creeped me out a few times whenI was taching it last year =P I still remember a commercial I saw for it when I was 11 or 12... on Snick... this kid tries to turn off his tv and it won't go off
and he goes to unplug it... and ITS ALREADY UNPLUGGED. freaking scary.

I hated ren and stimpy and catdog (maybe I was old for it? can't remember) but loved rugrats. freshman year of college my RA dressed up as quailman for halloween =D

Sounds like a Goosebumps book. Also, Ren and Stimpy I didn't appreciate til I was older, I think.

LaurenGayle wrote:Don't forget Rocco's Modern Life!

My one friend has a (n orange) video tape with episodes of AYAOTD. There are also a few episodes on youtube. Not that I spend my time watching children's shows on youtube.

I remember watching Rocco's Modern Life once while my Ma was in the room and the Heffer was about the sit on the couch and all the sudden it came to life and said something along the lines of "No way Tankertush!"

To this day my Ma still says that and laughs hysterically at it.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 am

Kim617 wrote:

Are you afraid of the dark is amazing! I always had to look away in the beginning because a clown was in the credits. Yes, I'm afraid of clowns, no judging!! Love Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, and of course, Clarissa Explains It All!! Ha, speaking of Doug, I've seen a lot of Quailman Halloween costumes the past couple of years. Great costume!

I modeled my entire wardrobe off of Clarissa Explains it all!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

I have Clarissa and Pete and Pete on DVD!

I was always so sad for Rocco's dog...what was his name? he always ended up in cans of tuna and stuff.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 am

Kim617 wrote:

If we end up at school together, I know what I'm going to be for Halloween.

It's not Quailman. :mrgreen:

Also - Clarissa, programming her own video games to line up with the events in her life? Awesome. Did you see the one episode they had like years after teh show ended about what she was doing with her life now?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

sibley wrote:
I was always so sad for Rocco's dog...what was his name? he always ended up in cans of tuna and stuff.

Ha! Spunky!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

denim cutoff shorts with hot pink tights underneath??

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 am

even2flow wrote:
Also - Clarissa, programming her own video games to line up with the events in her life? Awesome. Did you see the one episode they had like years after teh show ended about what she was doing with her life now?

NO! What was she doing? What happened to her window-climbing friend? What about whatshisname her brother?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”