Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:Nice, the sun just came out. AND sunset it going to be at like 7 pm today. Win.

Also - I'm back to avoiding work, who missed me?

The sun has been out here allllll day. It's beautiful!

It's times like right now that I wish I was a student still so I could blow off class and go sleep in a quad somewhere.

Or in the case of my undergrad - the beach. Man, I miss college.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:Nice, the sun just came out. AND sunset it going to be at like 7 pm today. Win.

It's times like right now that I wish I was a student still so I could blow off class and go sleep in a quad somewhere.

I can pretty much guarantee there are a bunch of whiffle ball games going on at my alma mater right now

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:16 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

I can pretty much guarantee there are a bunch of whiffle ball games going on at my alma mater right now

You guys musta been more productive than us. On days like this we'd throw a keg in the bay and float around to the end of the beach. Hold on, I'm gonna see if I can post a pic of my house senior year.

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm complete 2/5 and I am becoming impatient. I can only imagine how some of you, who have been waiting longer, feel.

Stellar

Postby Stellar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Where's nygrrrl? Did she get dinged ... or did you scare her off, Sibley?

8)

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Stellar wrote:Where's nygrrrl? Did she get dinged ... or did you scare her off, Sibley?

8)

I think I scared her off. She still seems to be 'online' sometimes. And as of Friday, at least, she was 'safe' according to someone.

...after some stalking, her last post was yesterday at 10:30 am here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75000&p=2710107#p2710107

labourer

Postby labourer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:12 pm

will be giving up my PT spot today - hope it goes to good use! best of luck everyone!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

labourer wrote:will be giving up my PT spot today - hope it goes to good use! best of luck everyone!

dibs?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:53 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
labourer wrote:will be giving up my PT spot today - hope it goes to good use! best of luck everyone!

dibs?

Absolutely gonna hafta fight me for it.

Also, I fight dirty, including, but not limited to - hair pulling, screaming, biting, scratching.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:56 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

dibs?

Also, I fight dirty, including, but not limited to - hair pulling, screaming, biting, scratching.

I might have to throw down for this one too. I may be an old broad, but I'm from Jersey, and we're pretty scrappy. :wink:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:56 pm

even2flow wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

dibs?

You don't fight for dibs. Whoever calls it first, gets it.

Double-stamped, no erasies.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm complete at 9-10 weeks now at pretty much every school with NO responses from anyone. :(

Fordham PT, please let me in. I need to plan out the next few years of my life.

edited to say I did get a response from Vandy with $$. But Nashville isn't NYC.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

jl2032 wrote:I'm complete at 9-10 weeks now at pretty much every school with NO responses from anyone. :(

You'd seriously consider fordham pt over vandy law with $$? need your brain checked. sorry had to say it.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:30 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:I'm complete at 9-10 weeks now at pretty much every school with NO responses from anyone. :(

You'd seriously consider fordham pt over vandy law with $$? need your brain checked. sorry had to say it.

some of us just can't survive below the mason-dixon line.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I bet you Vandy would give you better opportunities within nyc for summer/post-graduation . plus cost of living in nashville is much lower than nyc/less distracting/ Vandy law's building is amazing, plus everyone is super friendly.....i could keep going

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:34 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I bet you Vandy would give you better opportunities within nyc for summer/post-graduation . plus cost of living in nashville is much lower than nyc/less distracting/ Vandy law's building is amazing, plus everyone is super friendly.....i could keep going

disagree with the first, but it's beside the point. because we'd be dead before we got to our first summer.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

My brain is just fine, I think. Sibley makes some great points, but it's not just how much I like NYC.

I've got my family, my job, and a mortgage here (two actually). I need to stay close to NYC. Plus, my job pays very well and they also offered to pay a good portion of my tuition if I choose Fordham PT and stay with them.

It makes no sense to go to Nashville in my situation. The COL alone would be a lot considering I'd have to rent down there while making my mortgage payments up here and give up my steady paycheck.

That said, I'd bury myself in a world of debt if Columbia or NYU look my way.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm

jl2032 wrote:

My brain is just fine, I think. Sibley makes some great points, but it's not just how much I like NYC.

I've got my family, my job, and a mortgage here (two actually). I need to stay close to NYC. Plus, my job pays close to six figures and they also offered to pay a good portion of my tuition if I choose Fordham PT and stay with them.

It makes no sense to go to Nashville in my situation. The COL alone would be a lot considering I'd have to rent down there while making my mortgage payments up here and give up my steady paycheck.

Having family and mortgage to consider totally changes the game. I'm in the same boat (only one mortgage though), so it will take a lot for me to choose a school out of the NYC area, but I'll do it for the right offer.

Having your employer willing to pay a good chunk of your tuition is fantastic. (You may want to get it in writing, if it isn't already a formal company policy, before you base you final decision on it, though.)

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

sibley wrote:some of us just can't survive below the mason-dixon line.

I did just fine in Charlottesville, VA as a New York Jew. While there may be some nutjobs out there, institutions of higher learnings are very tolerant places and Southerners really are friendlier.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:some of us just can't survive below the mason-dixon line.

I did just fine in Charlottesville, VA as a New York Jew. While there may be some nutjobs out there, institutions of higher learnings are very tolerant places and Southerners really are friendlier.

I have a friend who transferred into my school after her sophomore year. she's Palestinian and her tires were slashed and rocks broke her car's windows. all at school.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm

badpixie wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

I've got my family, my job, and a mortgage here (two actually). I need to stay close to NYC. Plus, my job pays close to six figures and they also offered to pay a good portion of my tuition if I choose Fordham PT and stay with them.

Having family and mortgage to consider totally changes the game. I'm in the same boat (only one mortgage though), so it will take a lot for me to choose a school out of the NYC area, but I'll do it for the right offer.

Having your employer willing to pay a good chunk of your tuition is fantastic. (You may want to get it in writing, if it isn't already a formal company policy, before you base you final decision on it, though.)

I need to look into whether I want this in writing. I need a decision from Fordham first.

The deal is, if I take the money, I work for the firm during school. BUT when they offered this to me, I also got the impression that I'd need to come back and work for them. I don't know if I want that in writing. It's kind of limiting. What if I find a better offer somewhere? Who knows if things improve in four years?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:53 pm

jl2032 wrote:
badpixie wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

I need to look into whether I want this in writing. I need a decision from Fordham first.

The deal is, if I take the money, I work for the firm during school. BUT when they offered this to me, I also got the impression that I'd need to come back and work for them. I don't know if I want that in writing. It's kind of limiting. What if I find a better offer somewhere? Who knows if things improve in four years?

if it was for 1,2,3 years it might be worth it. you should also add on, if you have to write it, that yoru salary should fit your field.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

sibley wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
badpixie wrote:
jl2032 wrote:

if it was for 1,2,3 years it might be worth it. you should also add on, if you have to write it, that yoru salary should fit your field.

Sibley, if it's okay, I'm going to PM you cuz there's a lot of extra info about this and I need someone else's opinion without taking over the waiting room.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

jl2032 wrote:
sibley wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
badpixie wrote:Having family and mortgage to consider totally changes the game. I'm in the same boat (only one mortgage though), so it will take a lot for me to choose a school out of the NYC area, but I'll do it for the right offer.

Sibley, if it's okay, I'm going to PM you cuz there's a lot of extra info about this and I need someone else's opinion without taking over the waiting room.

go for it

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Stellar wrote:Where's nygrrrl? Did she get dinged ... or did you scare her off, Sibley?

8)

I'm still here, Stellar - still very much in the mix at Fordham and still rooting for you and the pug!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”