Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:39 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:well I got fat so we need to fix it. and smoothies are yummy AND de-fatting.


Just make sure you are getting your protein!


I had milk with my cereal! plus dinner tends to be very un-careful. plus I had blueberry pancakes with eggs for breakfast yesterday.

(and I'm going to start adding fiber to my smoothies) ... I still eat ice cream... ice cream sandwiches are pretty good for you, (ice cream wise) and frozen yogurt is yum if you get the low-fat kind


That's your best bet. It definitely keeps you feeling full.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:well I got fat so we need to fix it. and smoothies are yummy AND de-fatting.


Just make sure you are getting your protein!


I had milk with my cereal! plus dinner tends to be very un-careful. plus I had blueberry pancakes with eggs for breakfast yesterday.


Haha, ok, just want to make sure! Despite my cupcake baking, I'm pretty health conscious and just like to make sure that people are losing weight in healthy ways. ;-)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Haha, ok, just want to make sure! Despite my cupcake baking, I'm pretty health conscious and just like to make sure that people are losing weight in healthy ways. ;-)


I'm way too much of a glutton to do it in an unhealthy way. no way would I skip a meal.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:well I got fat so we need to fix it. and smoothies are yummy AND de-fatting.


Just make sure you are getting your protein!


I had milk with my cereal! plus dinner tends to be very un-careful. plus I had blueberry pancakes with eggs for breakfast yesterday.

(and I'm going to start adding fiber to my smoothies) ... I still eat ice cream... ice cream sandwiches are pretty good for you, (ice cream wise) and frozen yogurt is yum if you get the low-fat kind

nooo, i mean to your smoothie. you should definitely have protein for breakfast because it helps your hunger later in the day. otherwise it's just a sugar-fest and you'll be hungry right after.

i wouldn't know about ice cream, i don't like it all that much (i'm a ralph's ices girl myself) but i'm also lactose intolerant lol i don't particularly like sweets though.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm

its cute that we're taking care of each other even thought we're all internet strangers.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Kim617 wrote:nooo, i mean to your smoothie. you should definitely have protein for breakfast because it helps your hunger later in the day. otherwise it's just a sugar-fest and you'll be hungry right after.

i wouldn't know about ice cream, i don't like it all that much (i'm a ralph's ices girl myself) but i'm also lactose intolerant lol i don't particularly like sweets though.


I don't like cream + fruit, so yogurty smoothies are out of the question. but lunch is only 3 hours after breakfast for me, so no big deal really.

and yes, chutz, it is. we've been through a lot together, though.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm

chutzpah wrote:its cute that we're taking care of each other even thought we're all internet strangers.

haha i know we're all like "PROTEIN!!"

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Kim617 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:its cute that we're taking care of each other even thought we're all internet strangers.

haha i know we're all like "PROTEIN!!"


I think I'm the kind of weight-losser who does best eating tons of carbs and cutting down on the non-cheese protein. when I went to italy I shrunk. I had a lot of bread and a lot of pizza and a lot of ice cream but I was starved for lunchmeat and anything of the sort.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 pm

http://mvdietdetox.com/

i actually have the book but don't think i could ever go through with it, way too picky of an eater.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:47 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:its cute that we're taking care of each other even thought we're all internet strangers.

haha i know we're all like "PROTEIN!!"


I think I'm the kind of weight-losser who does best eating tons of carbs and cutting down on the non-cheese protein. when I went to italy I shrunk. I had a lot of bread and a lot of pizza and a lot of ice cream but I was starved for lunchmeat and anything of the sort.

you're a nutritionist's nightmare. she yells at me all the time because my diet tends to be VERY carb heavy, and that doesn't lead to long term weight loss. the best way to do it is balance in your meals. that's my biggest problem. i love to have a plate of pasta but i never want to put protein in it, which isn't good because it's not really sustainable. i have to write down everything i eat, which is hell, but this way she has something to yell at me about. plus i'm insulin resistant so carbs are my enemy, though i love them dearly.

btw you shrunk in italy because of the walking, so did i. however, eat that way here and you'll gain lol

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:http://mvdietdetox.com/

i actually have the book but don't think i could ever go through with it, way too picky of an eater.


my stomach freaks out. I once tried to do one of those cleansing detox things and I died. even with tons of water. when I eat foods high in fat I also die. and if I eat before bed I wake up dead, too.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:http://mvdietdetox.com/

i actually have the book but don't think i could ever go through with it, way too picky of an eater.

haha definitely not, me neither. plus losing that much weight so quickly will NEVER stay off. you have to lose like 2-3 lbs a week. then again, i've never had to lose 21 lbs, so i imagine it would be frustrating to only lose 2-3 lbs a week. but it's worth it!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:its cute that we're taking care of each other even thought we're all internet strangers.

haha i know we're all like "PROTEIN!!"


I think I'm the kind of weight-losser who does best eating tons of carbs and cutting down on the non-cheese protein. when I went to italy I shrunk. I had a lot of bread and a lot of pizza and a lot of ice cream but I was starved for lunchmeat and anything of the sort.

you're a nutritionist's nightmare. she yells at me all the time because my diet tends to be VERY carb heavy, and that doesn't lead to long term weight loss. the best way to do it is balance in your meals. that's my biggest problem. i love to have a plate of pasta but i never want to put protein in it, which isn't good because it's not really sustainable. i have to write down everything i eat, which is hell, but this way she has something to yell at me about. plus i'm insulin resistant so carbs are my enemy, though i love them dearly.

btw you shrunk in italy because of the walking, so did i. however, eat that way here and you'll gain lol


well I had cheese and tuna on my pasta! I actually kind of want to go see a nutritionist - my family has a b vitamin issue and my stomach dies, as seen above.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:http://mvdietdetox.com/

i actually have the book but don't think i could ever go through with it, way too picky of an eater.

haha definitely not, me neither. plus losing that much weight so quickly will NEVER stay off. you have to lose like 2-3 lbs a week. then again, i've never had to lose 21 lbs, so i imagine it would be frustrating to only lose 2-3 lbs a week. but it's worth it!


Well that's the thing, i'm not overweight (6'5", 215) but it's sort of like a whole makeover deal where you change your diet, which i like the idea of. the only weight i want to lose is that ever so thin layer hiding the fact that i do actually have abs

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I think I'm the kind of weight-losser who does best eating tons of carbs and cutting down on the non-cheese protein. when I went to italy I shrunk. I had a lot of bread and a lot of pizza and a lot of ice cream but I was starved for lunchmeat and anything of the sort.

you're a nutritionist's nightmare. she yells at me all the time because my diet tends to be VERY carb heavy, and that doesn't lead to long term weight loss. the best way to do it is balance in your meals. that's my biggest problem. i love to have a plate of pasta but i never want to put protein in it, which isn't good because it's not really sustainable. i have to write down everything i eat, which is hell, but this way she has something to yell at me about. plus i'm insulin resistant so carbs are my enemy, though i love them dearly.

btw you shrunk in italy because of the walking, so did i. however, eat that way here and you'll gain lol


well I had cheese and tuna on my pasta! I actually kind of want to go see a nutritionist - my family has a b vitamin issue and my stomach dies, as seen above.

yeah, i have various issues, that's why i'm seeing her. i have a problem that affects everything, and i was 120 lbs and with cholesterol at 243 with triglycerides at 350. that's ridiculously high, especially for someone who is not overweight. but she got both within normal range and i even lost a few lbs. so i love her, she's great.

i can't eat most things, so i was definitely a challenge lol she won though!

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:54 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:http://mvdietdetox.com/

i actually have the book but don't think i could ever go through with it, way too picky of an eater.

haha definitely not, me neither. plus losing that much weight so quickly will NEVER stay off. you have to lose like 2-3 lbs a week. then again, i've never had to lose 21 lbs, so i imagine it would be frustrating to only lose 2-3 lbs a week. but it's worth it!


Well that's the thing, i'm not overweight (6'5", 215) but it's sort of like a whole makeover deal where you change your diet, which i like the idea of. the only weight i want to lose is that ever so thin layer hiding the fact that i do actually have abs


yeah, like i said before, i did it with a nutritionist, just so that when i'm older, i'm able to maintain my good weight, and also to beat up my cholesterol and triglycerides. but definitely changing your diet a bit is good. i did slight changes but saw a huge result.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I think I'm the kind of weight-losser who does best eating tons of carbs and cutting down on the non-cheese protein. when I went to italy I shrunk. I had a lot of bread and a lot of pizza and a lot of ice cream but I was starved for lunchmeat and anything of the sort.

you're a nutritionist's nightmare. she yells at me all the time because my diet tends to be VERY carb heavy, and that doesn't lead to long term weight loss. the best way to do it is balance in your meals. that's my biggest problem. i love to have a plate of pasta but i never want to put protein in it, which isn't good because it's not really sustainable. i have to write down everything i eat, which is hell, but this way she has something to yell at me about. plus i'm insulin resistant so carbs are my enemy, though i love them dearly.

btw you shrunk in italy because of the walking, so did i. however, eat that way here and you'll gain lol


well I had cheese and tuna on my pasta! I actually kind of want to go see a nutritionist - my family has a b vitamin issue and my stomach dies, as seen above.

yeah, i have various issues, that's why i'm seeing her. i have a problem that affects everything, and i was 120 lbs and with cholesterol at 243 with triglycerides at 350. that's ridiculously high, especially for someone who is not overweight. but she got both within normal range and i even lost a few lbs. so i love her, she's great.

i can't eat most things, so i was definitely a challenge lol she won though!


did you have to be referred by your primary care provider? I haven't got one since I graduated...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:you're a nutritionist's nightmare. she yells at me all the time because my diet tends to be VERY carb heavy, and that doesn't lead to long term weight loss. the best way to do it is balance in your meals. that's my biggest problem. i love to have a plate of pasta but i never want to put protein in it, which isn't good because it's not really sustainable. i have to write down everything i eat, which is hell, but this way she has something to yell at me about. plus i'm insulin resistant so carbs are my enemy, though i love them dearly.

btw you shrunk in italy because of the walking, so did i. however, eat that way here and you'll gain lol


well I had cheese and tuna on my pasta! I actually kind of want to go see a nutritionist - my family has a b vitamin issue and my stomach dies, as seen above.

yeah, i have various issues, that's why i'm seeing her. i have a problem that affects everything, and i was 120 lbs and with cholesterol at 243 with triglycerides at 350. that's ridiculously high, especially for someone who is not overweight. but she got both within normal range and i even lost a few lbs. so i love her, she's great.

i can't eat most things, so i was definitely a challenge lol she won though!


did you have to be referred by your primary care provider? I haven't got one since I graduated...

no, she was just listed under my insurance, so i only pay my co-pay when i go. i didn't need a referral.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 pm

I actually can't say enough about Weight Watchers, even though it does cost money. I did it for 6 months and lost 30 lbs, which I have kept off. I actually weigh less now than I did in high school.

What's great about it is that it teaches you exactly what you are putting in your body and what your body needs to thrive. You really should only lose about 2 pounds a week if you want to learn how to lose in a healthy way and keep it off.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:yeah, i have various issues, that's why i'm seeing her. i have a problem that affects everything, and i was 120 lbs and with cholesterol at 243 with triglycerides at 350. that's ridiculously high, especially for someone who is not overweight. but she got both within normal range and i even lost a few lbs. so i love her, she's great.

i can't eat most things, so i was definitely a challenge lol she won though!


did you have to be referred by your primary care provider? I haven't got one since I graduated...

no, she was just listed under my insurance, so i only pay my co-pay when i go. i didn't need a referral.



m'a do that. for a while I was having an issue where I got nauseous and also really super dizzy/greyed out. Plus I've got a mental thing the drugs for which are making me loopy. maybe she can fix all my ailments.

I'm 5'7, and weigh a little under 145. it's not unreasonable for my height but it just is no good for my bone structure.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

sibley wrote:
m'a do that. for a while I was having an issue where I got nauseous and also really super dizzy/greyed out. Plus I've got a mental thing the drugs for which are making me loopy. maybe she can fix all my ailments.

I'm 5'7, and weigh a little under 145. it's not unreasonable for my height but it just is no good for my bone structure.


Eating healthy foods, even if you don't lose a lot of weight (and at 5' 7" and 145, you really don't have to) makes your entire body feel better. Seeing a nutritionist certainly wouldn't hurt.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
m'a do that. for a while I was having an issue where I got nauseous and also really super dizzy/greyed out. Plus I've got a mental thing the drugs for which are making me loopy. maybe she can fix all my ailments.

I'm 5'7, and weigh a little under 145. it's not unreasonable for my height but it just is no good for my bone structure.


Eating healthy foods, even if you don't lose a lot of weight (and at 5' 7" and 145, you really don't have to) makes your entire body feel better. Seeing a nutritionist certainly wouldn't hurt.


it'd be so much easier if I lived alone. Maybe I'll see if I can't get my mom to go along for the ride. Once in a while I'll make rice/beans/tomatoes, that kind of thing. But she'll cook gooey cheesy things. and fill the house with yummy yummy junk food and cheese balls. luckily we've never been big on fast food.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 pm

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
m'a do that. for a while I was having an issue where I got nauseous and also really super dizzy/greyed out. Plus I've got a mental thing the drugs for which are making me loopy. maybe she can fix all my ailments.

I'm 5'7, and weigh a little under 145. it's not unreasonable for my height but it just is no good for my bone structure.


Eating healthy foods, even if you don't lose a lot of weight (and at 5' 7" and 145, you really don't have to) makes your entire body feel better. Seeing a nutritionist certainly wouldn't hurt.


it'd be so much easier if I lived alone. Maybe I'll see if I can't get my mom to go along for the ride. Once in a while I'll make rice/beans/tomatoes, that kind of thing. But she'll cook gooey cheesy things. and fill the house with yummy yummy junk food and cheese balls. luckily we've never been big on fast food.


This is very true -- I'd talk to her about cooking healthier meals. Offer to do the cooking a few nights a week. And if she insists on keeping junk food in the house, read the nutrition labels and just make sure to portion them well! Being healthy doesn't necessarily mean no junk food!

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
m'a do that. for a while I was having an issue where I got nauseous and also really super dizzy/greyed out. Plus I've got a mental thing the drugs for which are making me loopy. maybe she can fix all my ailments.

I'm 5'7, and weigh a little under 145. it's not unreasonable for my height but it just is no good for my bone structure.


Eating healthy foods, even if you don't lose a lot of weight (and at 5' 7" and 145, you really don't have to) makes your entire body feel better. Seeing a nutritionist certainly wouldn't hurt.


it'd be so much easier if I lived alone. Maybe I'll see if I can't get my mom to go along for the ride. Once in a while I'll make rice/beans/tomatoes, that kind of thing. But she'll cook gooey cheesy things. and fill the house with yummy yummy junk food and cheese balls. luckily we've never been big on fast food.


This is very true -- I'd talk to her about cooking healthier meals. Offer to do the cooking a few nights a week. And if she insists on keeping junk food in the house, read the nutrition labels and just make sure to portion them well! Being healthy doesn't necessarily mean no junk food!

see my mom is a health freak. she eats ridiculously healthy and does spin classes like 5 times a week, so she tries to drag me along. i will never like working out, but i do like yoga, so that's the poison i chose. but it's a lot easier when there's someone helping you out.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:16 pm

when you're a poor student you can eat lots of beans and high fiber vegetables and other cheap filling foods. until then, enjoy mom's yummy food :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: genjustice, proteinshake, Tomthecat and 12 guests