Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 am

Awesome, OS, thanks for the update/reassurance/heads-up

I'm taking this to mean that I'll still get by on my boyish good looks? :mrgreen:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 am

even2flow wrote:Awesome, OS, thanks for the update/reassurance/heads-up

I'm taking this to mean that I'll still get by on my boyish good looks? :mrgreen:


and your charm.
and yeah, thanks os. doesn't mean any good news but at least we know....

thought you guys might appreciate this:
at home I type http://www.t, push enter, and this page comes up. At work if I do the same thing I end up on teacuppigs.com =P


edit: this thread is sad =(
Last edited by sibley on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks OS, that's very insightful and interesting. It shows that sometimes TLS really can be a source of valuable information!

As for me, I learned yesterday that my February LSAT score never made it to the deciding admissions staff, even though the individual that monitors the admissions inbox received my email update two weeks ago and congratulated me on my new score. I'm glad I followed up and I think it was helpful that I was polite and not angry or entitled.

On grade inflation, its sadly true that some of the Ivies are the ones most guilty of "giving out A's like candy." I'm not going to go into a rant about socioeconomic status and upward mobility and the like, but a Harvard undergrad can get As much more easily than a student at a small liberal arts college with very strict grading (for example), and then that Harvard undergrad gets into Harvard Law etc etc. It is good that the LSDAS report shows grade distribution and I like to think that adcomms are aware of which schools practice grade inflation and which do not. Its good to hear Dean Brown say some of those things...

Thanks again and good luck everyone.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:41 am

sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?

samiam123
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby samiam123 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:41 am

why have there been a relatively low number of 165, 3.6+'s reporting their admission status, am i alone here?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?


no one chit chats anymore =(

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:43 am

samiam123 wrote:why have there been a relatively low number of 165, 3.6+'s reporting their admission status, am i alone here?


what do you mean?

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:43 am

samiam123 wrote:why have there been a relatively low number of 165, 3.6+'s reporting their admission status, am i alone here?


I got WL with a 165, 3.64 if that's helpful

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?


no one chit chats anymore =(

Hah, Monday and Tuesday were super slow for me cause there was some major network failure, and I have a presentation in 10 minutes about all the stuff I was supposed to get done this week - and didn't, so I've been rushing to get things done.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?


no one chit chats anymore =(

Hah, Monday and Tuesday were super slow for me cause there was some major network failure, and I have a presentation in 10 minutes about all the stuff I was supposed to get done this week - and didn't, so I've been rushing to get things done.


but you're still here =P

I stayed at work late last night to make up time but all my systems were down. I was bored. And now I'm catching up on the work from yesterday, plus today's... and I only have one little thing left to do. It'll take me about 5 minutes. Not bad for for my salary! ...in conjunction with the COL here, at least.

samiam123
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby samiam123 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 am

Yup, thanks chutz, that helps. I just feel there are a ton of 163's and 168's ..where are the in bet peeps??
Don't mind me though, carry on.....and good shabbos Sib

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 am

samiam123 wrote:Yup, thanks chutz, that helps. I just feel there are a ton of 163's and 168's ..where are the in bet peeps??
Don't mind me though, carry on.....and good shabbos Sib


you too! have you checked law school numbers to compare stats? if you compare the stats here with those there you might fill in some gaps.

also, you're gonna think I'm nuts... I thought your sn was something to do with thai food. not dr. seuss :shock:

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?


no one chit chats anymore =(


Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 am

badpixie wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:edit: this thread is sad =(

Why?


no one chit chats anymore =(


Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)


=D
nothing at all... enjoying the rain as a nice break from the snow. how about you, pix?

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 am

badpixie wrote:
Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)


My parents are coming to town! We're going to see Memphis tonight and my friend is having her bday party tomorrow night. Should be a good weekend full of booze-filled cupcakes ;-)

samiam123
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby samiam123 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:06 am

Ha, "nuts" is the elephant guy....but yeah LSN has one other 165 3.9x . He/she was granted admissions but I'm reading now that a plethora of higher scoring lsats have been waitlisted. Just frustrating not knowing where I stand I guess. Thanks though.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
badpixie wrote:
Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)


My parents are coming to town! We're going to see Memphis tonight and my friend is having her bday party tomorrow night. Should be a good weekend full of booze-filled cupcakes ;-)



irish car bombs?? that's what they're called right? that's so wrong! like wife beater shirts.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
badpixie wrote:
Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)


My parents are coming to town! We're going to see Memphis tonight and my friend is having her bday party tomorrow night. Should be a good weekend full of booze-filled cupcakes ;-)



irish car bombs?? that's what they're called right? that's so wrong! like wife beater shirts.


Wrong, yes. Delicious, yes.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
badpixie wrote:
Well, let's see what we can do to remedy that. What's everyone doing this weekend? 8)


My parents are coming to town! We're going to see Memphis tonight and my friend is having her bday party tomorrow night. Should be a good weekend full of booze-filled cupcakes ;-)



irish car bombs?? that's what they're called right? that's so wrong! like wife beater shirts.


Wrong, yes. Delicious, yes.


they do often go hand in hand, don't they?
you should sell Crumbs your recipe....

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 am

sibley wrote:
=D
nothing at all... enjoying the rain as a nice break from the snow. how about you, pix?


Going to a concert of Irish music on Sunday with my parents and other relatives (early St. Patrick's Day celebration).
Other than that, my weekend will mostly be spent catching up on housework, since I've been working too many hours lately to get anything done. :|

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 am

i had a dream just now that i was telling someone about how my dreams sometimes come true.

and then i was waitlisted at fordham.

... but i woke up and i wasnt. yet. :D

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 am

sibley wrote:
they do often go hand in hand, don't they?
you should sell Crumbs your recipe....


Ha -- I wonder if Crumbs could even sell them, or if they'd need a liquor license :-P The Guinness gets cooked off in the cake but the whiskey and baileys are straight up...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

bryntax wrote:i had a dream just now that i was telling someone about how my dreams sometimes come true.

and then i was waitlisted at fordham.

... but i woke up and i wasnt. yet. :D


=) props to hanging on! always a success this cycle, it seems.

I'm thinking about what OS said. I don't think my PS seemed entitled. I think I did come across that I'm confident in my ability to succeed, so hopefully they didn't see that as entitled... but the majority of the piece just talked about how this international student inspired me by overcoming a huge obstacle of law, family safety, and immigration in a very smart and legal-esque way. I'm not sure how anyone could think that I could think I'm entitled, though, with my 3.34.... maybe when I submit my LOCI I'll add a diversity statement, if I didn't originally.

It's going to say I'm broken. I'm falling apart! I was so happy because I went to the doc yesterday and she prescribed me new meds to try to get rid of this chronic and backwards psychosomatic pain, one of those with a 'controlled substance' label, but there's a warning about drowsiness... I don't feel drowsy, but I feel dizzy, and the way that you feel after you've been reading a novel for a long time, you know that feeling? Kind of oblivious to the world... Meh.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
they do often go hand in hand, don't they?
you should sell Crumbs your recipe....


Ha -- I wonder if Crumbs could even sell them, or if they'd need a liquor license :-P The Guinness gets cooked off in the cake but the whiskey and baileys are straight up...


hmm I wonder. I think candy shops can sell liquor filled truffles without a license, and I know you can buy/sell cooking wines without any laws.... I think it's doable. I bet it has to be under a certain amount. and if all else failed they could just use the flavor or cook out the liquor. nice quite as good I'm sure, but still get the taste.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:27 am

i think my DS has more weight in places like iowa and virginia... im guessing being LGBT in NYC isnt shocking or diverse :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”