Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm

dakatz wrote:"This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"


I'M A GIRL!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:54 pm

chutzpah wrote:
dakatz wrote:"This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"


I'M A GIRL!


ARE NOT

....<3

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby ryguy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:07 pm

chutzpah wrote:So it turns out they didn't count my second score. They are reevaluating now.

This is what I was trying to explain to Sibley.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm

ryguy wrote:
chutzpah wrote:So it turns out they didn't count my second score. They are reevaluating now.

This is what I was trying to explain to Sibley.


you explained it. unfortunately they had both my scores.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

chutzpah wrote:
dakatz wrote:"This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"


I'M A GIRL!



So as not to confuse anyone, I went back to make my avatar a little more girly.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:19 pm

jl2032 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
dakatz wrote:"This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"


I'M A GIRL!



So as not to confuse anyone, I went back to make my avatar a little more girly.


that's why I made mine my legs. everyone always thought I was a male. now if they inspect they can see I am not. my old avatar was a goldfish and a castle... thought that was girly enough, but apparently not.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

sibley wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
dakatz wrote:"This candidate is great! In fact, he is downright wonderful, and has even expressed a sincere interest in Fordham above all his other choices. I think he would be perfect for our program. Waitlisted!!"


I'M A GIRL!



So as not to confuse anyone, I went back to make my avatar a little more girly.


that's why I made mine my legs. everyone always thought I was a male. now if they inspect they can see I am not. my old avatar was a goldfish and a castle... thought that was girly enough, but apparently not.



I thought you were male at first and that the avatar was your baby sister or another relative...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm

jl2032 wrote:
I thought you were male at first and that the avatar was your baby sister or another relative...


that would be weird, that I had half of someone in my picture... especially if it wasn't me =/

what if people think you're just a guy who's into fashion?

UGH @ being stuck at work. stupid ups and their dumb downed servers. messing up my kodak work.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 pm

To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby badpixie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 pm

even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.


I'm going to really show my age here, but my assumption has always been that anyone I meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner, until proven otherwise.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

i assume each of you is fapping and imagining the rest of us as sexy hawt chix, while knowing deep deep in your heart that we are all fat dudes eating cheetos and playing LOTR online.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 pm

even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to molest me.


+1

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:25 pm

badpixie wrote:
even2flow wrote:To be fair, I assume everyone I meet on the internet is a 50+ male looking to rob to me.


I'm going to really show my age here, but my assumption has always been that anyone I meet online (male or female) looks like Ed Asner, until proven otherwise.

Pfft, Ed Asner is a handsome man. I'm concerned with people like the guys you see on To Catch a Predator.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 pm

I put on my robe and wizard hat and cast level 99 magic missle on the darkness!

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I put on my robe and wizard hat and cast level 99 magic missle on the darkness!


lets make out.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Asl?
I look like angelina jolee btw

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Mattalones » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 pm

If anyone could chime in on this, it would help me out:

I really like Fordham, but I got in to BU today ... Conflict!

I like the idea of both cities (although I have never been to Boston, and have only briefly been to NY).

I know that a lot of the people on here are quite knowledgeable about these schools, and I could probably benefit from some of your input. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Asl?
I look like angelina jolee btw


i look like ed asner.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Image

:oops:

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now.

Speaking of which - I'm watching The Machinist right now. I have no idea what's going on.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

even2flow wrote:Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now.

Speaking of which - I'm watching The Machinist right now. I have no idea what's going on.


bahahaha i think thats how that movie is supposed to feel.

User avatar
Stellar
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Stellar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm

So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

With all the WL/Rejects I'm worried for her.

(Can someone get us a jumpy trampoline elephant ... STAT!?)

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Stellar wrote:So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

With all the WL/Rejects I'm worried for her.

(Can someone get us a jumpy trampoline elephant ... STAT!?)


don't worry, she's still safe :D

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:42 am

bryntax wrote:
Stellar wrote:So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

With all the WL/Rejects I'm worried for her.

(Can someone get us a jumpy trampoline elephant ... STAT!?)


don't worry, she's still safe :D


Yes, I just saw her IRL. She's as sweet as ever, but no news yet.

I was in the admissions office today, and you'll never guess who I ran into. I only had a few minutes to talk, but here is what I found out: the quality of applicants is apparently what has gone through the roof, though volume is also at a new record. Fordham really does put a lot of thought into the personalities of the people it accepts-- anyone who comes across as entitled, even if they have amazing numbers, probably won't get in. Apparently people have actually called the admissions office to complain about having been yield protected. This is not the credited strategy for getting in, since Fordham really does not YP. He stressed to me that if someone with amazing numbers doesn't get straight in, there is always a reason, and as an applicant, the best thing to do is to open up a polite dialogue with the school to figure out what that reason is.

I also learned something interesting about the manner in which GPAs are evaluated. Fordham takes the time to look at each person's GPA in context of the school where it was earned. There are UG schools with so much grade inflation that a 3.6x is actually below median, and Fordham takes this into consideration. At my UG, 3.6x was sufficient to earn magna cum laude, so I was a bit surprised by this. Fordham itself has so little grade inflation (at the law school, anyway), that a 3.65 is probably top 5%. I didn't know any of this stuff, and it goes against the CW on TLS, so I thought I would share, particularly to comfort people who went to schools where As weren't handed out like free candy.

Here is my edit: I've read dozens of personal statements and LOCIs, and there is a fine line between showcasing achievements and bragging. I don't think many people brag intentionally, but it's crucial to get a very honest friend to read your PS and make sure it sends the message you want to send. DB implied that people have been waitlisted for coming across as entitled, and from what I've seen, a fair number of people don't even realize how their personal statements might be viewed. Politeness, patience and humility will get you everywhere, since it truly seems that Fordham is more holistic than most of its peers.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
bryntax wrote:
Stellar wrote:So um... has nygrrrl posted since the fight of the century yesterday?

With all the WL/Rejects I'm worried for her.

(Can someone get us a jumpy trampoline elephant ... STAT!?)


don't worry, she's still safe :D


Yes, I just saw her IRL. She's as sweet as ever, but no news yet.

I was in the admissions office today, and you'll never guess who I ran into. I only had a few minutes to talk, but here is what I found out: the quality of applicants is apparently what has gone through the roof, though volume is also at a new record. Fordham really does put a lot of thought into the personalities of the people it accepts-- anyone who comes across as entitled, even if they have amazing numbers, probably won't get in. Apparently people have actually called the admissions office to complain about having been yield protected. This is not the credited strategy for getting in, since Fordham really does not YP. He stressed to me that if someone with amazing numbers doesn't get straight in, there is always a reason, and as an applicant, the best thing to do is to open up a polite dialogue with the school to figure out what that reason is.

I also learned something interesting about the manner in which GPAs are evaluated. Fordham takes the time to look at each person's GPA in context of the school where it was earned. There are UG schools with so much grade inflation that a 3.6x is actually below median, and Fordham takes this into consideration. At my UG, 3.6x was sufficient to earn magna cum laude, so I was a bit surprised by this. Fordham itself has so little grade inflation (at the law school, anyway), that a 3.65 is probably top 5%. I didn't know any of this stuff, and it goes against the CW on TLS, so I thought I would share, particularly to comfort people who went to schools where As weren't handed out like free candy.

Here is my edit: I've read dozens of personal statements and LOCIs, and there is a fine line between showcasing achievements and bragging. I don't think many people brag intentionally, but it's crucial to get a very honest friend to read your PS and make sure it sends the message you want to send. DB implied that people have been waitlisted for coming across as entitled, and from what I've seen, a fair number of people don't even realize how their personal statements might be viewed. Politeness, patience and humility will get you everywhere, since it truly seems that Fordham is more holistic than most of its peers.

Thanks for the update. This somewhat calms my nerves about the ridiculously high numbers that have been wl'ed for pt.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, curry4bfast, Google [Bot], ws120 and 7 guests