Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Helpasus wrote:Hey guys- lurker here. Just thought I should share that I got hit with the waitlist this morning. 3.0/171

The world is upside down, but you're in really excellent company (speaking for the above with the rocking stats, not so much for myself)

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:13 pm

sibley wrote:... and I really do love jews, so maybe Cardozo is the better choice anyway. I'm not highly religious (though I'm converting to Judaism) ...

:idea: I just wanted to say that current Fordham students have been known to call Fordham a "Jewsuit school."

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:
sibley wrote:... and I really do love jews, so maybe Cardozo is the better choice anyway. I'm not highly religious (though I'm converting to Judaism) ...

:idea: I just wanted to say that current Fordham students have been known to call Fordham a "Jewsuit school."

lol, my undergrad is known as 'jew of r'
I did see a whole lot of jewish students when I visited Fordham last weekend. but I like the yeshiva tie also.

Helpasus

Postby Helpasus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Does anyone have an idea how much of a death sentence this WL is? It seems like they're throwing everyone and their mother on this thing, I just wonder if we're going to be left to rot or if they actually plan on pulling several people off of it. Any information at all would be GREATLY appreciated :[

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Helpasus wrote:Does anyone have an idea how much of a death sentence this WL is? It seems like they're throwing everyone and their mother on this thing, I just wonder if we're going to be left to rot or if they actually plan on pulling several people off of it. Any information at all would be GREATLY appreciated :[

I also wonder this.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 pm

sibley wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

I did see a whole lot of jewish students when I visited Fordham last weekend. but I like the yeshiva tie also.

i like the no-school-on-jewish-holidays bit.

labourer

Postby labourer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

hi everyone - admitted to the evening division on friday and found this site looking for more information. does anyone know when they will send out scholarship announcements?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

i like the no-school-on-jewish-holidays bit.

ooohhh that was so cool! does Fordham do that too? Jews have SO many holidays it's great!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 pm

labourer wrote:hi everyone - admitted to the evening division on friday and found this site looking for more information. does anyone know when they will send out scholarship announcements?

website says "within 2 weeks of receiving admission letter." i got in friday, too. and i still haven't received a snail mail letter (in brooklyn).

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:

Lol, I don't usually hear people say things like "I really do love Jews". Yeah, my buddy goes to NYU, and never ceases to call it NY Jew.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:21 pm

dakatz wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Lol, I don't usually hear people say things like "I really do love Jews". Yeah, my buddy goes to NYU, and never ceases to call it NY Jew.

=D haven't heard that one yet. gonna tell my cousin, who went there for undergrad. and my bf's best friend, who went there and is jew.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 pm

sibley wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

=D haven't heard that one yet. gonna tell my cousin, who went there for undergrad. and my bf's best friend, who went there and is jew.

also, columbia jewniversity. "jew" is a very adaptable word.

labourer

Postby labourer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 pm

hannah87 wrote:
labourer wrote:hi everyone - admitted to the evening division on friday and found this site looking for more information. does anyone know when they will send out scholarship announcements?

website says "within 2 weeks of receiving admission letter." i got in friday, too. and i still haven't received a snail mail letter (in brooklyn).

thanks! i would really love to go, but i'm not sure i want to work in a big firm and resent the idea of a lot of debt forcing me that direction.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm

labourer wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

thanks! i would really love to go, but i'm not sure i want to work in a big firm and resent the idea of a lot of debt forcing me that direction.

you're welcome! good luck with the $$$.

chocho

Postby chocho » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:24 pm

waited listed 168, 3.59, part time, won't b going here I guess. good luck errbody

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:25 pm

chocho wrote:waited listed 168, 3.59, part time, won't get going here I guess. good luck errbody

meh. sorry. and wtf.

NEW CONSPIRACY THEORY: someone accidentally hit the WL for these batches instead of the in.

labourer

Postby labourer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 pm

another question for anyone who plans on working while doing the evening classes:

how many hours do you plan on working?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 pm

sibley wrote:
chocho wrote:waited listed 168, 3.59, part time, won't get going here I guess. good luck errbody

meh. sorry. and wtf.

NEW CONSPIRACY THEORY: someone accidentally hit the WL for these batches instead of the in.

Absolutely. Seems like a HUGE number of seemingly auto-admits are getting WL. Doesn't make sense. The great in/WL button conspiracy!!

Helpasus

Postby Helpasus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Has anyone gotten in off the WL yet? Are they trying to force people to write LOCI's this year to confirm they actually want to attend?

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

does anyone ever go from "application complete" to a decision without going UR?

just want to know if i should be holding my breath or not yet.

MSRP

Postby MSRP » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 pm

I have a question that I think someone here may be able to answer. It appears from my trolling that current Fordham part time students post here. I was just wondering how many of your current peers have doctorate degrees in the life sciences. I ask because from my networking it it is clear that this group has been applying to law school at high rates since the 80's. All the other hard sciences are in much higher demand.

Thanks

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 pm

dakatz wrote:Absolutely. Seems like a HUGE number of seemingly auto-admits are getting WL. Doesn't make sense. The great in/WL button conspiracy!!

OK, here's what we've got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. We're through the looking glass, here, people...

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 pm

even2flow wrote:
dakatz wrote:Absolutely. Seems like a HUGE number of seemingly auto-admits are getting WL. Doesn't make sense. The great in/WL button conspiracy!!

OK, here's what we've got: the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner. We're through the looking glass, here, people...

Crap. Maybe if I'd gone to see alice in wonderland by fordham none of this would have happened. I'm sorry =(

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 pm

even2flow wrote:

Amazing. Thank you, e2f!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 pm

bryntax wrote:does anyone ever go from "application complete" to a decision without going UR?

just want to know if i should be holding my breath or not yet.

There is no "Under Review" period. It goes from Complete to Decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”