Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 am

hannah87 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:When I am very busy with legal writing projects, interviewing, or exam prep, I usually come to school in knee boots, leggings, a slouchy top and a cashmere scarf.

this is my version of a cute outfit! :oops:

lol. me too. except I'm hippy so leggings look bad on me, even with the nice long shirt that should be required by law with them. skirts with tights look lovely, though. going to bed for real this time. gotta put the doggie's bed back together first though.
Last edited by sibley on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 am

hannah87 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:When I am very busy with legal writing projects, interviewing, or exam prep, I usually come to school in knee boots, leggings, a slouchy top and a cashmere scarf.

there's no reason to have the oops face, that's a fashionable outfit. i can't take this topic anymoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

not directed at you hannah, you know i think you're awesome.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 am

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

there's no reason to have the oops face, that's a fashionable outfit. i can't take this topic anymoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Look, I have no desire to fight with you, Kim. I thought it was a mean spirited comment, and this thread has gotten really mean lately. I'm not trying to suggest that the latter is your fault, because there were a ton of misunderstandings in here. It happens that I did get called in by another poster, and while I was in class, too. It's frustrating, because I have a million happy TLS memories from my own cycle, so I hate to see things get like this, especially when I feel guilty because I should be taking notes/paying attention/raising my hand so I won't get called on when I don't know what's going on. I owe my cycle and so much more to TLS, and I really want this place to continue to be the helpful and supportive forum that gave me so much. I stayed because I wanted to help the people of the next cycle, and it's mostly been a wonderful experience.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am

I need to tell you guys a story, THEN I can go to bed.

Once upon a time, in November 2008, I went on a camping trip to the adirondacks with an urban exploring group I helped start. it rained the whole time and I was verrrryyy cold and very tired. I brought my dog with me and one night she woke me up shivering and I stuffed her in my sleeping bag with me and we were happy. We explored many places and got soaking wet.

When I got home I found out I had mono (I took the test the day before I left but didn't think I had it)

I only brought one pair of shoes. I have funny pink pajama pants with pink squirrels from target. On the way home we stopped for fast food in the boonies. My shoes were soaking and I wasn't feeling well. I put plastic grocery bags between my socks and shoes. I knew how terrible I looked, but I had been camping and not showering in the freezing rain for three nights. And it was the boonies, they dress pretty much like that all the time. We go in, and I hear a cell phone camera go off. I look, and the girl turns her head away very obviously. I walk up to the booth she's sitting in with I think her dad and her friend, and demand she deletes the picture. I wait and stare her down. She says she did. I look at her dad and say she better have and leave, giving her another "I've got my eye on you" look.

I win for fashion faux pas.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

:D good night, all.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

in 8 minutes, all goodness shall be restored. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the love in our next session, fordham folks 8)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:54 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Look, I have no desire to fight with you, Kim. I thought it was a mean spirited comment, and this thread has gotten really mean lately. I'm not trying to suggest that the latter is your fault, because there were a ton of misunderstandings in here. It happens that I did get called in by another poster, and while I was in class, too. It's frustrating, because I have a million happy TLS memories from my own cycle, so I hate to see things get like this, especially when I feel guilty because I should be taking notes/paying attention/raising my hand so I won't get called on when I don't know what's going on. I owe my cycle and so much more to TLS, and I really want this place to continue to be the helpful and supportive forum that gave me so much. I stayed because I wanted to help the people of the next cycle, and it's mostly been a wonderful experience.

i ask that this stop being brought up. i cannot take it anymore. i really cannot. i'm glad you've had a great TLS experience, that's wonderful. i enjoy your enthusiasm for fordham, i do. the fact that someone ratted me out is really pathetic, this is not middle school. i thought we could be mature human beings, but honestly, tattling? next time i will not state my opinion at all. i did not realize that this was what TLS was like. in fact, i haven't experienced this on any other thread. someone legitimately told on me. i am surprised, but moreso, shocked that someone who is a lot older than me has the time to constantly harp on an innocent comment and be a rat and run to the teacher. and most of all, i'm annoyed that my irrelevant comment was brought up HOURS later, after it was forgotten about, and that i'm continually attacked for it. again, i ask, if you have a problem, PM me. if i am attacked, i will fight back. i also think that someone like you should be more neutral and read the whole situation, instead of calling me out. or even more, you shouldn't have done it publicly. so stop bringing it up. enough already.

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 am

FACT: posting after every thing someone posts that you dont like and saying "OMGGGGGG DROP IT BE NICE TO ME" is (lolz) not how forums work. L2internet.

if you feel like you are "being attacked" it is because people didn't like what you said. you said it, and someone else can say whatever they want, too. own up and grow up.

oh and in sticking with the actual PURPOSE of this thread, other PT applicants out there still waiting? what are your numbers? i think im a bit of a splitter, but im curious what others going for PT have.

good luck, most of you! :D

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:08 am

bryntax wrote:oh and in sticking with the actual PURPOSE of this thread, other PT applicants out there still waiting? what are your numbers? i think im a bit of a splitter, but im curious what others going for PT have.

aw come on the thread's to bide time too... but apparently no one liked my embarrassing story =(

incidentally, if anyone comes across the picture on someone's myspace or something let me know as the girl explicitly did not have my permission and I will sue her daddy out of his john deere.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 am

sibley wrote:
bryntax wrote:oh and in sticking with the actual PURPOSE of this thread, other PT applicants out there still waiting? what are your numbers? i think im a bit of a splitter, but im curious what others going for PT have.

aw come on the thread's to bide time too... but apparently no one liked my embarrassing story =(

incidentally, if anyone comes across the picture on someone's myspace or something let me know as the girl explicitly did not have my permission and I will sue her daddy out of his john deere.

I liked your story. But it's legal to take someone's picture in a public place, so I don't know why you thought she would delete the picture just because you told her to. I'm keeping my eye out on facebook now. :)

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 am

bryntax wrote:
oh and in sticking with the actual PURPOSE of this thread, other PT applicants out there still waiting? what are your numbers? i think im a bit of a splitter, but im curious what others going for PT have.

PT 172/3.4 complete 1/12

waiting..............

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Kim617 wrote:i ask that this stop being brought up. i cannot take it anymore. i really cannot. i'm glad you've had a great TLS experience, that's wonderful. i enjoy your enthusiasm for fordham, i do. the fact that someone ratted me out is really pathetic, this is not middle school. i thought we could be mature human beings, but honestly, tattling? next time i will not state my opinion at all. i did not realize that this was what TLS was like. in fact, i haven't experienced this on any other thread. someone legitimately told on me. i am surprised, but moreso, shocked that someone who is a lot older than me has the time to constantly harp on an innocent comment and be a rat and run to the teacher. and most of all, i'm annoyed that my irrelevant comment was brought up HOURS later, after it was forgotten about, and that i'm continually attacked for it. again, i ask, if you have a problem, PM me. if i am attacked, i will fight back. i also think that someone like you should be more neutral and read the whole situation, instead of calling me out. or even more, you shouldn't have done it publicly. so stop bringing it up. enough already.

I have never attacked you, and no one ratted you out, I was merely advised that there was a specific disturbance in this thread, and as a mod, I am charged with keeping the peace. If you've read my posts, you will see that I am not known for fighting with people, and I don't really want to start now. I am willing to put this behind me, but I will close with a plea that you guys keep posts positive. I have a basic rule of thumb for what I will post as OS: if it contains an insult, or something negative about anyone, or even if I just wouldn't want my mom reading it, I don't post it. I've still managed to get in fights with people (the CLS skirmish last summer was epic), but that avoids most conflict.

This thread exists for you guys, the applicants. I already go to Fordham, so the only thing for me to do here is to offer advice if I can and try to keep people from fighting, which is my job as a moderator. (Well, technically it's a volunteer job, but it's what I am charged with doing.) Law school doesn't leave me with a ton of free time, and I use up some of what I do have to come back here and help. It isn't something I have to do.

Best of luck to the new waitlistees-- it's a long road, but worth the wait.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 am

Is there a WL group on facebook?

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 am

PT complete 1/21, 3.54/165 . . . still waiting for a response back, although I'm nervous, because I see that a 164/3.87 was waitlisted yesterday. Maybe the PT program is full as of now . . .

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 am

So what was with all that trolling earlier? It's like this thread got moved to the lounge or something.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 am

How many of you PT applicants are planning on transferring to FT?

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 am

beef wellington wrote:So what was with all that trolling earlier? It's like this thread got moved to the lounge or something.

I don't know but things seem to be a lot calmer in here when the east coast is asleep.

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:28 am

Matteliszt wrote:How many of you PT applicants are planning on transferring to FT?

i definitely see it as a possibility, but it depends on my aid situation, what kind of job i get (or not), how it all feels. etc. i used to be 100% planning on it, but now im open to staying PT if it fits better.

audrey hepburn

Postby audrey hepburn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 am

Rejected from Fordham PT :(

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Kim617 wrote:i ask that this stop being brought up. i cannot take it anymore. i really cannot. i'm glad you've had a great TLS experience, that's wonderful. i enjoy your enthusiasm for fordham, i do. the fact that someone ratted me out is really pathetic, this is not middle school. i thought we could be mature human beings, but honestly, tattling? next time i will not state my opinion at all. i did not realize that this was what TLS was like. in fact, i haven't experienced this on any other thread. someone legitimately told on me. i am surprised, but moreso, shocked that someone who is a lot older than me has the time to constantly harp on an innocent comment and be a rat and run to the teacher. and most of all, i'm annoyed that my irrelevant comment was brought up HOURS later, after it was forgotten about, and that i'm continually attacked for it. again, i ask, if you have a problem, PM me. if i am attacked, i will fight back. i also think that someone like you should be more neutral and read the whole situation, instead of calling me out. or even more, you shouldn't have done it publicly. so stop bringing it up. enough already.

I have never attacked you, and no one ratted you out, I was merely advised that there was a specific disturbance in this thread, and as a mod, I am charged with keeping the peace. If you've read my posts, you will see that I am not known for fighting with people, and I don't really want to start now. I am willing to put this behind me, but I will close with a plea that you guys keep posts positive. I have a basic rule of thumb for what I will post as OS: if it contains an insult, or something negative about anyone, or even if I just wouldn't want my mom reading it, I don't post it. I've still managed to get in fights with people (the CLS skirmish last summer was epic), but that avoids most conflict.

This thread exists for you guys, the applicants. I already go to Fordham, so the only thing for me to do here is to offer advice if I can and try to keep people from fighting, which is my job as a moderator. (Well, technically it's a volunteer job, but it's what I am charged with doing.) Law school doesn't leave me with a ton of free time, and I use up some of what I do have to come back here and help. It isn't something I have to do.

Best of luck to the new waitlistees-- it's a long road, but worth the wait.

I'm done with you on this topic, stop talking to me about it seriously.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 am

bryntax wrote:FACT: posting after every thing someone posts that you dont like and saying "OMGGGGGG DROP IT BE NICE TO ME" is (lolz) not how forums work. L2internet.

if you feel like you are "being attacked" it is because people didn't like what you said. you said it, and someone else can say whatever they want, too. own up and grow up.

mind your business. all i ask is that a topic that was dropped yesterday not continually brought up. all i said is that if i'm attacked, i'll attack back. i could give a crap if people are nice to me. when did i not own up to what i said? now stop bringing it up because everyone is annoyed. enough already children.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:54 am

Kim617 wrote:
bryntax wrote:FACT: posting after every thing someone posts that you dont like and saying "OMGGGGGG DROP IT BE NICE TO ME" is (lolz) not how forums work. L2internet.

mind your business. all i ask is that a topic that was dropped yesterday not continually brought up. all i said is that if i'm attacked, i'll attack back. i could give a crap if people are nice to me. when did i not own up to what i said? now stop bringing it up because everyone is annoyed. enough already children.

You keep responding, Kim. You can control the flow by not responding. So, I beg you, please don't respond to this post or any other post related to the crazy argument, and we might restore peace. Don't worry about defending yourself, either. There's no winner in this argument and I don't think anyone wants to judge it. We just want to get back to talking about Fordham, the app process, and the fun random things we do to pass the time. I'm not censoring you or trying to be condescending. I'm just offering advice.

So, anyway, does everyone think the onslaught of decisions will keep coming?

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:57 am

sorry about the rejection audrey :(

i hope you have better luck at your other choices!

what were your numbers?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 am

Fellow Fordhamsters,

I'm very disappointed in what has been going on here the last two days. The great thing about this thread was the positive, supportive attitude that everyone showed for each other. I think it was Even2 who pointed it out the other day that someone who was recently accepted to Fordham hadn't really given it much thought, but after spending an afternoon in this thread, they were so blown away by the sense of camaraderie that they were going to have re-evaluate Fordham. I doubt anyone had the same reaction the last two days. And lets face it, there are people here who have the right to be on edge. When someone has been complete since early December (or even earlier in some cases) and someone who applied in January gets a decision, it's troublesome. Certainly nothing against that person, they had nothing to do with it, but it stings just the same. So I think we all need to be a little more conscious of the mindset of the other people around here.

What really gets me is the defensiveness that all of us exhibit at one time or another. I guess it comes with the territory here on internet message boards, but the fact of the matter is there is no need to argue with someone that you can't see. No one knows who anyone else here really is. It's like arguing with a ghost. If someone posts something that you disagree with, send them a PM, or just ignore it altogether. I don't think anyone here thinks "wow what a pussy that pennypacker is, he didn't even respond to so-and-so's anti-seinfeld post." Has anyone ever come away from a message board argument and felt like they contributed something worthwhile or that they actually managed to convince the other person they were right? Not in my experience. On this thread, people used to interact with each other as though we were all sitting at the same table, in person, because I think for the most part that is what we all were pulling for. If you want to hide behind the anonymity of your screen name and argue with others, join the USS BP in the lounge. It's not how we do things here.

I like spending my time here because 1) work is super boring and 2) it's not a flame-war troll-fest. At least it hadn't been. I hope that we can all take a step back, realize how dumb it is to argue with each other over the internet, and return to the respectful, friendly atmosphere we all earned the reputation for having over the past few months.

All the best,

H.E.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Fellow Fordhamsters,

I'm very disappointed in what has been going on here the last two days. The great thing about this thread was the positive, supportive attitude that everyone showed for each other. I think it was Even2 who pointed it out the other day that someone who was recently accepted to Fordham hadn't really given it much thought, but after spending an afternoon in this thread, they were so blown away by the sense of camaraderie that they were going to have re-evaluate Fordham. I doubt anyone had the same reaction the last two days. And lets face it, there are people here who have the right to be on edge. When someone has been complete since early December (or even earlier in some cases) and someone who applied in January gets a decision, it's troublesome. Certainly nothing against that person, they had nothing to do with it, but it stings just the same. So I think we all need to be a little more conscious of the mindset of the other people around here.

What really gets me is the defensiveness that all of us exhibit at one time or another. I guess it comes with the territory here on internet message boards, but the fact of the matter is there is no need to argue with someone that you can't see. No one knows who anyone else here really is. It's like arguing with a ghost. If someone posts something that you disagree with, send them a PM, or just ignore it altogether. I don't think anyone here thinks "wow what a pussy that pennypacker is, he didn't even respond to so-and-so's anti-seinfeld post." Has anyone ever come away from a message board argument and felt like they contributed something worthwhile or that they actually managed to convince the other person they were right? Not in my experience. On this thread, people used to interact with each other as though we were all sitting at the same table, in person, because I think for the most part that is what we all were pulling for. If you want to hide behind the anonymity of your screen name and argue with others, join the USS BP in the lounge. It's not how we do things here.

I like spending my time here because 1) work is super boring and 2) it's not a flame-war troll-fest. At least it hadn't been. I hope that we can all take a step back, realize how dumb it is to argue with each other over the internet, and return to the respectful, friendly atmosphere we all earned the reputation for having over the past few months.

All the best,

H.E.

+1. Thanks, H.E.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”