Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chameleon

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chameleon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
chameleon wrote:nancy botwin bothers me on the show and annoys me here too.

See, ok, normally I'm actually very nice and helpful. However, when people come on here acting all entitled like a few of you, it pisses me off. Get over yourselves.

chameleon wrote:after all, the people on TLS are also the people who have nothing better to do than troll the internet creating drama because they lack excitement IRL. (and yes, i just used that abbreviation sardonically.)

You do realize YOU are on TLS, right?

of course, honey. ironic, isn't it? but i DO lack excitement in real life, for now -- i'm sitting in my boyfriend's apartment in the Upper East Side, waiting for him to come home from work so i don't have to hide from his awkward roommates any more. i've been doing this all day and i'm bored silly. how late is the met open? at least in san diego we have beaches that are always available for times like this...

as for your first comment, i like people who feel entitled. they are either enormous successes or enormous failures, in the end. either way, at least they're interesting.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm

bouakedojo wrote:
Kim617 wrote:are you one of nygrrrl's kids?

If I tell you, you're not going to pull a Chris Hanson on me, are you, Omarosa?

:mrgreen:

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Sorry about the WL sibley.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Wow. Great work, guys. This thread is going to Internet hell really fast. It's about as much fun as taking a bath in ketchup. All sticky and oozy and generally unpleasant. Not that I've ever had this experience personally.

Everyone, go to your rooms and chill the F out. Watch some TV or go for a run, take a cold shower. I really don't care. But let's just relax and go on with our lives.

Oh, and Sibley - welcome to the waitlist. It's a wonderful place to be. Like Nancy, I've been there since December. Good luck!

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm

bouakedojo wrote:

:shock:

You don't know who this is? Bou=TLS legend

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:11 pm

chutzpah wrote:
goosey wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Soooooooooooo what's everyone doing for dinner???

i dont know about dinner, but righ now i really want a ralph's italian ice..mm yummmyyy

RALPHS!!! are you a water or cream ice person? my favorite is vanilla chip.

Water!! I don't like those funny flavors like chocolate. I loove rainbow..and watermelon--i like fruity ices. After I posted that I went and got a rainbow/watermelon mix. Yes, I'm 5.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 pm

emrose wrote:
bouakedojo wrote:

:shock:

You don't know who this is? Bou=TLS legend

tls is supposed to have an expiration date. there shouldn't be legends. especially ones who decide to come on and be jerks to me when I get waitlisted.

thanks to everyone who (finally) offered me condolences. my boyfriend is at an event at someplace or other in the city that is sponsored by our undergrad and he is collecting little alumni flags for me. that, and you guys being semi-nice (kind of...) makes it better.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

sorry sib :( .

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:35 pm

hannah87 wrote:sorry sib :( .

=( MEAN. I need a hug. Where is my dog.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

goosey wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
goosey wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Soooooooooooo what's everyone doing for dinner???

i dont know about dinner, but righ now i really want a ralph's italian ice..mm yummmyyy

RALPHS!!! are you a water or cream ice person? my favorite is vanilla chip.

Water!! I don't like those funny flavors like chocolate. I loove rainbow..and watermelon--i like fruity ices. After I posted that I went and got a rainbow/watermelon mix. Yes, I'm 5.

obviously spumoni is the best ralph's ices flavor. just like raisinets are the best candy.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm

sibley wrote:You know, this isn't fair. What the FUCK? Why are you all being asses when I get wl'd? Just because I was mad at nygrrrl about something? bs.

sorry, wasnt here for the wl, but im sorry to hear that. if u got a full ride to cardozo, though, thats still an awesome deal. I am actually very debt averse and paying interest is againt my religion so Im kind of in a predicament with how Im going to pay for law school and getting a full ride from a decent school would have been amazing, but alas...my numbers are not worthy :)

but you certainly have a lot to be happy about, despite the wl. and who knows, maybe u get in off the wl if you stick around long enough

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:43 pm

ooh... glad i was visiting fordham during all the drama on here...

sib, sorry about the wl... i too wrote the admissions this morning and realized i might have sounded a little bitchy while doing it, so i hope that doesn't hurt me...

i forgot my camera AND my phone at home today so no pictures like i promised... i kinda didn't like the school though...

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 pm

goosey wrote:
sibley wrote:You know, this isn't fair. What the FUCK? Why are you all being asses when I get wl'd? Just because I was mad at nygrrrl about something? bs.

sorry, wasnt here for the wl, but im sorry to hear that. if u got a full ride to cardozo, though, thats still an awesome deal. I am actually very debt averse and paying interest is againt my religion so Im kind of in a predicament with how Im going to pay for law school and getting a full ride from a decent school would have been amazing, but alas...my numbers are not worthy :)

but you certainly have a lot to be happy about, despite the wl. and who knows, maybe u get in off the wl if you stick around long enough

thanks goose butt =) (...that's what I call my dog... she's very cute). I'm definitely leaning towards cardozo now and am looking forward to visiting on the 18th. hopefully I'll be able to manage a nice financial situation. it's a hard decision because I've gotten into better schools with more money. And I'm very opposed to making decisions the way I am, but...well, I want to be as near to my boyfriend as possible without sacrificing my education/quality of life/etc. And that means New York. I wonder if I'll kick myself for it if we break up, but I don't think I will. I know the ramifications and am trying to make my decision with them in mind.

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 pm

jl2032 wrote:ooh... glad i was visiting fordham during all the drama on here...

sib, sorry about the wl... i too wrote the admissions this morning and realized i might have sounded a little bitchy while doing it, so i hope that doesn't hurt me...

i forgot my camera AND my phone at home today so no pictures like i promised... i kinda didn't like the school though...

Any specific reasons why or just a general feeling?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:53 pm

sorry about the WL sibley. But WL isn't death. I was WLed at my undergrad and got in.

I'm also looking forward to visiting Cardozo next week. Have a pleasant night everyone....

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm

wow this thread has gotten ugly the past few days.

I hope tomorrow is better :?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:57 pm

goosey wrote:wow this thread has gotten ugly the past few days.

I hope tomorrow is better :?

=(
what didn't you like? ...make sure you justify all opinions to avoid the last 2 days.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm

kaydish21 wrote:

The tour guide was great. The school itself looked really dirty... with flyers thrown all over the hallways and napkins on the floor... it might have been because they were having pizza night and students were in class so it was both dirty and empty outside of the classrooms.

The building itself looks like a high school, actually more like middle school. Low ceilings and lockers everywhere. I guess it's cuz I did Columbia undergrad, but I really miss the idea of a campus, a lawn every now and then. I'd feel claustrophobic staying in one building at all times, especially one that I don't find absolutely beautiful.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 pm

jl2032 wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:

The tour guide was great. The school itself looked really dirty... with flyers thrown all over the hallways and napkins on the floor... it might have been because they were having pizza night and students were in class so it was both dirty and empty outside of the classrooms.

The building itself looks like a high school, actually more like middle school. Low ceilings and lockers everywhere. I guess it's cuz I did Columbia undergrad, but I really miss the idea of a campus, a lawn every now and then. I'd feel claustrophobic staying in one building at all times, especially one that I don't find absolutely beautiful.

agreed, that's how i felt. but you already know that :D

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 pm

btw, i need more farmville friends... level 56... i've been playing every night for almost three months though

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 pm

jl2032 wrote:btw, i need more farmville friends... level 56... i've been playing every night for almost three months though

56! holy cow. I'm 39, started in the fall sometime. hard to get leveled up but have gotten bored recently.

as for the building: I don't know how much you can get around it in a city setting. I like Cardozo's building better, but Fordham has the nice grassy areas on their property.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:The walk AROUND fordham is the issue, and the undergrads dress badly, as do the highschoolers that are around.

Wait, wha? I fail to see how this is an issue?

OMG, the law students dress poorly too! I know it's a non-issue and I wasn't even going to mention it, but now that you did, it had to be said. I cringed about 5 times. This could be because I am in fashion school, but seriously the fashion is just lacking. I'm sure there are plenty of decent dressers, I just didn't get to meet them.

edit to say that that's so snarky and obnoxious of me to say, i know. also, i'm not talking like sweatpants out of laziness, i'm talking about actual effort put into creating the outfit and it being bad. ha, i guess us girls notice stuff like that.

and btw, someone mentioned the bronx campus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. if you have a chance, i'd head up there to see it. it was one of my top choices for undergrad because it's just such a beautiful school. the surrounding area isn't so great, but it is really like it's own little world.

I can't believe I have to step in and adjudicate this thread. I'm not happy about this. I'll leave off just how not happy I am about this particular post. As a fashion school graduate myself, I can assure you that there are many people at my school who dress very well, but the stress of law school often leaves us little time to focus on putting outfits together. When I am very busy with legal writing projects, interviewing, or exam prep, I usually come to school in knee boots, leggings, a slouchy top and a cashmere scarf. It's not the kind of creation I would have put together in UG, but I am in law school now, and that has to come first.

I'm also shocked by the PT/FT animosity. We're all classmates and classmates to be, and as a part time student, many of my closest friends are in the day program. We found out when they did.

Lastly, we're here to support one another, and I stayed on TLS because I had hoped, when I was applying, that someone would offer me advice and guidance. This is not the bitter pessimism thread. If you're looking for the BP, it got moved to the lounge.

I'm friends with many of you, and this really just makes me sad.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:The walk AROUND fordham is the issue, and the undergrads dress badly, as do the highschoolers that are around.

Wait, wha? I fail to see how this is an issue?

OMG, the law students dress poorly too! I know it's a non-issue and I wasn't even going to mention it, but now that you did, it had to be said. I cringed about 5 times. This could be because I am in fashion school, but seriously the fashion is just lacking. I'm sure there are plenty of decent dressers, I just didn't get to meet them.

edit to say that that's so snarky and obnoxious of me to say, i know. also, i'm not talking like sweatpants out of laziness, i'm talking about actual effort put into creating the outfit and it being bad. ha, i guess us girls notice stuff like that.

and btw, someone mentioned the bronx campus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. if you have a chance, i'd head up there to see it. it was one of my top choices for undergrad because it's just such a beautiful school. the surrounding area isn't so great, but it is really like it's own little world.

I can't believe I have to step in and adjudicate this thread. I'm not happy about this. I'll leave off just how not happy I am about this particular post. As a fashion school graduate myself, I can assure you that there are many people at my school who dress very well, but the stress of law school often leaves us little time to focus on putting outfits together. When I am very busy with legal writing projects, interviewing, or exam prep, I usually come to school in knee boots, leggings, a slouchy top and a cashmere scarf. It's not the kind of creation I would have put together in UG, but I am in law school now, and that has to come first.

I'm also shocked by the PT/FT animosity. We're all classmates and classmates to be, and as a part time student, many of my closest friends are in the day program. We found out when they did.

Lastly, we're here to support one another, and I stayed on TLS because I had hoped, when I was applying, that someone would offer me advice and guidance. This is not the bitter pessimism thread. If you're looking for the BP, it got moved to the lounge.

I'm friends with many of you, and this really just makes me sad.

oh no, this again. in my post i even mentioned how there were probably MANY decent dressers, just the few i came in contact with weren't my cup of tea. how is this a big deal?!!?? i cannot actually believe people are getting so worked up. seriously, "sad" over my comment? i'm not that important for it to affect peoples' emotions. it sucks you're unhappy, but i stand by what i said. and i don't think it's anyone's responsibility to tell me what i can and cannot say, especially because i didn't use any inappropriate language. i am flabbergasted that this is STILL an issue. operasoprano, i like you, but THIS makes me sad. that people who are on their way to law school are so offended about a comment about fashion. people need to grow thicker skin because life gets a lot worse than some random person's comment about what random people are wearing.

GOD I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH THIS

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”