Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

bouakedojo wrote:Karma's not the only bitch in this thread....

um... the other is you?

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Sibley what dumb late score???

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

sibley wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:oh my god! they waitlisted me too!!!

..good to know. don't think I'll mind going to Cardozo for free =) a little sad, but not too... cardozo's definitely more my neighborhood, and prettier... easier decision?

Aw shucks.

Okay bye now!

Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

yep I'm not moving my butt. I like this thread, just not this week. I really am debt averse, and I really don't want big law... and I really do love jews, so maybe Cardozo is the better choice anyway.

yeah i may be 99% sure about attending a different school... but i'm sticking around. if only for sibley, h.e. pennypacker, goosey and even2flow because i like them. :mrgreen: and beef wellington of course.
Last edited by Kim617 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I just adopted a penguin but it looks stupid...why is there a penguin on my farm?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
..good to know. don't think I'll mind going to Cardozo for free =) a little sad, but not too... cardozo's definitely more my neighborhood, and prettier... easier decision?

Aw shucks.

Okay bye now!

Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

yep I'm not moving my butt. I like this thread, just not this week. I really am debt averse, and I really don't want big law... and I really do love jews, so maybe Cardozo is the better choice anyway.

yeah i may be 99% sure about attending a different school... but i'm sticking around. if only for sibley, h.e. pennypacker, and even2flow because i like them. :mrgreen: and beef wellington of course.[/quote]

oh yeah can't forget the pastry-meat goodness.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Veritas wrote:I just adopted a penguin but it looks stupid...why is there a penguin on my farm?

if you put a pond and a snow pile next to him he looks better

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:50 pm

bouakedojo wrote:Karma's not the only bitch in this thread....

Bou!! <3

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

edit.
Last edited by Columbia Law on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

ryguy wrote:Sibley what dumb late score???

well I originally got a 158 in September. I retook in December. I would have submitted my application months ago if I'd gotten the score I wanted originally. It's always harder to get in late in the cycle, and sometimes it's harder to get in when you have a low score and a high score (though I think with my discrepancy they would have ignored the lower one)

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:52 pm

You know, this isn't fair. What the FUCK? Why are you all being asses when I get wl'd? Just because I was mad at nygrrrl about something? bs.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:52 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

I've been WL since December. Sibley said she's going to Cardozo.

Ahhh....well, I'm wishing you the best of good news from FL ASAP. If they let you in first, save me a spot :D

edit: I can wait.. even if it's that last spot that Kim has a 99% chance of giving up eventually. lol.
Last edited by unknownscholar on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 pm

sibley wrote:
Veritas wrote:I just adopted a penguin but it looks stupid...why is there a penguin on my farm?

ohhh I should put him with the ducks. At least he'll be somewhat normal there....

I wish they did something, like quacked or something

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 pm

sibley wrote:And you're a douche, nancy. be nice to me.

:roll: Nice edit. Now uh, why should I be nice?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

sibley wrote:You know, this isn't fair. What the FUCK? Why are you all being asses when I get wl'd? Just because I was mad at nygrrrl about something? bs.

agreed. though i assumed he meant her when he was talking about the other bitch...

i'm sorry sib, you should've been in. and i don't know why everyone is all nasty to you. you're awesome.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:

ohhh I should put him with the ducks. At least he'll be somewhat normal there....

I wish they did something, like quacked or something

he flaps his little wingies.

OS are you around? I swear I saw you going to do some clinic work in the admissions building on Monday. I have no idea what you look like, but I think it was you.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

because the alternative is being a douche, silly. and poor little sibley got waitlisted and needs cookies.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm

sibley wrote:It's always harder to get in late in the cycle, and sometimes it's harder to get in when you have a low score and a high score (though I think with my discrepancy they would have ignored the lower one)

It's also harder to get in when you're a splitter, which, according to your profile, you are. You should have been expecting the WL. Anything else would be delusional.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:It's always harder to get in late in the cycle, and sometimes it's harder to get in when you have a low score and a high score (though I think with my discrepancy they would have ignored the lower one)

It's also harder to get in when you're a splitter, which, according to your profile, you are. You should have been expecting the WL. Anything else would be delusional.

I said, 75% in 25% wl. Not shocked but not expected either. I have some really impressive things. I actually shouldn't have emailed fordham this morning. I told them I needed grants and now in my head that effected things.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

sibley wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

because the alternative is being a douche, silly. and poor little sibley got waitlisted and needs cookies.

See above (er, last page). I've been on the WL since December, I have no pity.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

See above (er, last page). I've been on the WL since December, I have no pity.

ok, share cookies with me. and I'm pretty sure I offered you a sad face when you were WL'd.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

sibley wrote:I said, 75% in 25% wl. Not shocked but not expected either. I have some really impressive things.

Assuming 75% in, 25% WL is assuming in, not WL. You should have assumed WL, is what I'm saying.

Also "lots of undergrad activities/committees/etc, out of school for a year/working" is not impressive things.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:I said, 75% in 25% wl. Not shocked but not expected either. I have some really impressive things.

Assuming 75% in, 25% WL is assuming in, not WL. You should have assumed WL, is what I'm saying.

Also "lots of undergrad activities/committees/etc, out of school for a year/working" is not impressive things.

sorry, that was vague. and my profile is also vague. you'll just have to trust their impressiveness. And I never EVER assume. I would have been a lot more disappointed had I assumed. 25% leaves a reasonable doubt as to acceptance.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”