Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm from upstate. My boyfriend lives in Mt Kisco and his best friend has an apartment in the city so I visit frequently with him. I wasn't BOTHERED by the way they dress. People upstate dress much worse, though albeit much more covered. I just noticed it and I tend to say everything that I'm thinking.

Meh.

sibley wrote:As for the show thing, I just wanted to tell you that for a long time and I tend to lose my filter a bit when I'm pissed and especially when I feel I'm being insulted, so I said so. I did watch the first several seasons, though. But only because I had nothing to do. The show would be okay, but I really hate nancy. she has no facial expressions.

Sorry you feel that way about the show, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it - but an ad hominem attack like that is going to get you nowhere, just fyi.

I know. but it made me feel better =) and I wasn't really trying to get anywhere, especially with you since I felt like you just hopped in the argument for no reason other than to cause trouble, you know? I tried to avoid doing anything like that to nygrrrl, who I was truly arguing with.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Veritas wrote:--ImageRemoved--

I cannot afford to buy grape seeds yet. Your farm is purrty. I have not yet reached farm genius status yet. Probably why I must stay up slaving for the real bucks tonight, since my FV isn't paying the bills. :x

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:31 pm

sibley wrote:I felt like you just hopped in the argument for no reason other than to cause trouble, you know?

That is why I hopped in. :lol:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:31 pm

unknownscholar wrote:

I cannot afford to buy grape seeds yet. Your farm is purrty. I have not yet reached farm genius status yet. Probably why I must stay up slaving for the real bucks tonight, since my FV isn't paying the bills. :x

I'm having trouble getting past level 37. and I have too many chickens. I wish I could give them away. my coop is fully extended and they won't all fit =( it's very messy and I hate mess.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:I felt like you just hopped in the argument for no reason other than to cause trouble, you know?

That is why I hopped in. :lol:

then I don't feel guilty for dissing your show =)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

unknownscholar wrote:

i have been at it for a while. I'm trying to get all the stars for the things. You know that thing?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Veritas wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:

i have been at it for a while. I'm trying to get all the stars for the things. You know that thing?

great vocab us 0ls have! I believe they're something like 'crop experience levels'

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 pm

sibley wrote:
Veritas wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:

great vocab us 0ls have! I believe they're something like 'crop experience levels'

:| it's close to the end of the day, work has sucked away all my vocab

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm on level...12. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cmon FordhamLaw, fertilize my farm. I want some XP. 8)

ML4U.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

lol you all got me in a fightin' mood. I work with this girl who's dating a 35 year old (she's 22) and he won't officially 'date' her because he thinks it'll cause drama in his GHOST HUNTING GROUP. but he texted her today all "why don't you love me?... would you want to date me?.... I'm considering it but don't get your hopes up"

So I just talked to him. I was like "How old are you?... you're 13 years older than her, why is she being so much more mature than you?... you're acting like a 16 year old! ... ok, act HER age then... you know you're creating drama! she's a nice girl! date her or don't, but don't make drama" etc.

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Waitlisted 164 3.89

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Columbia Law wrote:Waitlisted 164 3.89

fordham's being all kinds of harsh lately.

EDIT

oh my god! they waitlisted me too!!!

..good to know. don't think I'll mind going to Cardozo for free =) a little sad, but not too... cardozo's definitely more my neighborhood, and prettier... easier decision?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:40 pm

sibley wrote:lol you all got me in a fightin' mood. I work with this girl who's dating a 35 year old (she's 22) and he won't officially 'date' her because he thinks it'll cause drama in his GHOST HUNTING GROUP. but he texted her today all "why don't you love me?... would you want to date me?.... I'm considering it but don't get your hopes up"

So I just talked to him. I was like "How old are you?... you're 13 years older than her, why is she being so much more mature than you?... you're acting like a 16 year old! ... ok, act HER age then... you know you're creating drama! she's a nice girl! date her or don't, but don't make drama" etc.

lol if a guy ever said that to me i'd be like "LOSE MY NUMBER LOSER." don't get your hopes up? SERIOUSLY?! poor girl.

i feel like this is mean but "he's just not that into" her. if he was, he wouldn't care about his effing ghost hunting group. btw, i read that book and considered just entering a convent, it was so depressing.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 pm

sibley wrote:

EDIT

..good to know. don't think I'll mind going to Cardozo for free =) a little sad, but not too... cardozo's definitely more my neighborhood, and prettier... easier decision?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIBLEY!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

sibley wrote:oh my god! they waitlisted me too!!!

Aw shucks.

Okay bye now!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

sibley wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:

I'm having trouble getting past level 37. and I have too many chickens. I wish I could give them away. my coop is fully extended and they won't all fit =( it's very messy and I hate mess.

sell them?

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

edit
Last edited by Columbia Law on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Columbia Law wrote:part time by the way

And suddenly PT is relevant. Who'da thunkit?

Sorry, that's awful. :(

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

EDIT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIBLEY!

I know I'm a little surprised! not TOO surprised though. I'd say I was 75% admit, 25% WL in my head. I think it's a timing thing. dumb late score! oh well, though. I would have liked the prestige. I'll tell my bf after I finish this work that I'm late doing bc of this thread! (GRRRR!) then call him, as he'll want to talk about it, and he'll probably make me cry. Right now I'm feeling neutral but I always cry around him. He's very good about not dumping me when I bawl over nothing =)

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:lol you all got me in a fightin' mood. I work with this girl who's dating a 35 year old (she's 22) and he won't officially 'date' her because he thinks it'll cause drama in his GHOST HUNTING GROUP. but he texted her today all "why don't you love me?... would you want to date me?.... I'm considering it but don't get your hopes up"

lol if a guy ever said that to me i'd be like "LOSE MY NUMBER LOSER." don't get your hopes up? SERIOUSLY?! poor girl.

i feel like this is mean but "he's just not that into" her. if he was, he wouldn't care about his effing ghost hunting group. btw, i read that book and considered just entering a convent, it was so depressing.

that's exactly how I feel. about her situation AND about that movie (didn't read the book.. and I was dating my bf at the time, too... should have helped a bit. didn't.)

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

sibley wrote:nygrrrl, haven't seen emrose lately. what's up?

Oh hai!

Sorry about the WL.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Aw shucks.

Okay bye now!

Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

emrose wrote:
sibley wrote:nygrrrl, haven't seen emrose lately. what's up?

Oh hai!

Sorry about the WL.

hi! and ty! you were just keeping your nose down for the drama, yeah?

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 pm

unknownscholar wrote:Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

I've been WL since December. Sibley said she's going to Cardozo.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

Aw shucks.

Okay bye now!

Can I stick around? I've been waitlisted since jan, and boy, do I have quite a moving piece for LOCI#2. Wrote it this morn. :lol: :lol:

yep I'm not moving my butt. I like this thread, just not this week. I really am debt averse, and I really don't want big law... and I really do love jews, so maybe Cardozo is the better choice anyway. I'm not highly religious (though I'm converting to Judaism) but I like the idea of fate... and I did kind of make it clear I didn't want big law in my apps. It's not the end of the world by any means, though I am disappointed. And you're a douche, nancy. be nice to me.
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”