Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

sibley wrote:I'm still bothered by the whole fashion thing yesterday. I really didn't like the way the people in the area were dressing and the way you responded to me and others about it made me feel like you thought I was a terrible person for noticing what other people are wearing. I felt like I was being reasonable as it's generally considered inappropriate to have one's butt sticking out.

I missed the fashion stuff, but I'd imagine that the way people dress around the school has little to no relevance as to the quality of the school. For example, Penn is not in the best part of Philadelphia, and I'm guessing you'd be uncomfortable there, but that doesn't mean anything about the school.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:I'm still bothered by the whole fashion thing yesterday. I really didn't like the way the people in the area were dressing and the way you responded to me and others about it made me feel like you thought I was a terrible person for noticing what other people are wearing. I felt like I was being reasonable as it's generally considered inappropriate to have one's butt sticking out.

I missed the fashion stuff, but I'd imagine that the way people dress around the school has little to no relevance as to the quality of the school. For example, Penn is not in the best part of Philadelphia, and I'm guessing you'd be uncomfortable there, but that doesn't mean anything about the school.

I agree. but it's something I noticed that I didn't like. and so I mentioned it. and was shocked when I was beaten up for it.

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

wow. just got into a major fight with my boyfriend and decided to dissipate my anger by doing the status-checker thing and checking up on this thread. where'd the happiness go? i think i'd pick my boyfriend's tension-filled apartment over the fordham thread right now. and that's saying something ... on behalf of everybody, i call a time out.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 pm

sibley wrote:nancy, your show is shit.

What does this have to do with anything? Wow.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 pm

For the record, I'm not having a cow. I've cut back on beef, but I eat lots of pork. :lol:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 pm

sibley wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

I agree. but it's something I noticed that I didn't like. and so I mentioned it. and was shocked when I was beaten up for it.

actually, if the thread was covered in plastic, i would've assumed i was being whacked. the onslaught from my fashion comment was ridiculous.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

sibley wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

I would never knock fordham in the fordham thread. (don't you know they are like the best trained trolls!!! OS TRAINED THEM WELL!!!)

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:15 pm

chameleon wrote:wow. just got into a major fight with my boyfriend and decided to dissipate my anger by doing the status-checker thing and checking up on this thread. where'd the happiness go? i think i'd pick my boyfriend's tension-filled apartment over the fordham thread right now. and that's saying something ... on behalf of everybody, i call a time out.

hi carmen =) people got some results today, even up to 1/12 completes. not me yet though!

my bf called me from 73rd st with stuff from shake shack with a 15 minute story about puppies and made my day (he never calls me). I hope your situation eases! It's weird but when I'm pissed at mine if I do something nice for him it makes me feel better, too. Something a Chabad Rabbi's wife taught me. When you do something that shows love, you feel love.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:16 pm

unknownscholar wrote:For the record, I'm not having a cow. I've cut back on beef, but I eat lots of pork. :lol:

:lol: You amuse me.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:16 pm

I will also add that if we're all going to be lawyers, we need thicker skin. If someone "jumps down your throat" you should be able to calmly refute their points without getting emotional or defensive. Let's practice that. Debate is healthy and informative, being catty is neither.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Veritas wrote:I would never knock fordham in the fordham thread. (don't you know they are like the best trained trolls!!! OS TRAINED THEM WELL!!!)

if that's how everyone's going to be I don't want to go there. it's the same issue I have with many sects of organized religion. I believe in healthy amounts of disagreement and I believe that alternate views are GOOD things. But I don't think that's how everyone is going to be. It's just weird... I saw someone like a block away whose teenage butt was sticking out and I mentioned that in my analysis of the environment. I went to visit and people asked. I told them everything honestly. It's only fair to get a full picture, even if it is skewed because I notice things different from what other people would notice.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm

chutzpah wrote:I will also add that if we're all going to be lawyers, we need thicker skin. If someone "jumps down your throat" you should be able to calmly refute their points without getting emotional or defensive. Let's practice that. Debate is healthy and informative, being catty is neither.

hence the shock at anyone being so damn concerned what I thought of some high schoolers walking past campus, and kim's shock at anyone caring that she thought the law students dressed shoddily (incidentally, the ones I saw looked nice except for the one in the out-of-date leather jacket and black beard... law version of scenester?). the only reason I kept this argument going, and I think the reason kim did so yesterday, was that we feel we have the right to our opinions and to express ourselves in the way we want. we don't want the thread thinking we're thumb sucking idiots who are just meanybutts who both judge other people and then don't stick up for our own opinions when those opinions are attacked on the basis of character flaws (I thought at the very latest we would have learned not to do this through taking the LSAT, but apparently not).
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nymets123

Postby nymets123 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm

carlkenneth wrote:I'm usually impatient, but this has to be the best waiting room ever Sure beats the DMV and emergency room. ..I'm a lurker, (in this room no less than hourly) but I feel as though I really know the users in this forum. I'd be happy to have most users in this room as classmates.

Anyway, since it's been brought up, does anyone have a sense of the time line for PT apps? I applied 1/12 and it took almost 3 weeks for them to send me an acknowledge my app. When should I expect to hear? This week? May? August? It seems as though some folks here have been waiting for friggin ever.

I don't think there is any set timeline really. Its a combination of when you applied and which pile you initially wound up in. Some PTs here have been waiting for eons and others got a pretty quick response.

My personal timeline was app submitted the day they finally released the app. (was it Oct 19th I think?) and I was accepted around Dec 7th. Some people that submitted the same time as me are stilll waiting...

Barely a month left until seat deposits due, can't be that much longer can it?

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm

sibley wrote:It's just weird... I saw someone like a block away whose teenage butt was sticking out and I mentioned that in my analysis of the environment. I went to visit and people asked.

Wait wait, are you from NYC or out of town? Because if you're from NYC, you should know that you'll see far worse than a teenager with their butt sticking out, and if you're NOT from NYC, you're in for a rude awakening.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

OK, enough is enough. I think I've been the biggest cheerleader for EVERYone on this thread for some time.

Kim, I was pissed off at the idea that someone would judge a school based on the way the kids dress. You attend fashion school, your sensibility is trained and attuned to clothing/dress, that's totally valid. But, like Sibely, I don't edit my words. I don't pick fights here, I DO speak my mind.

Sibley, I get that you don't care about the PT decisions as they are not relevant to your situation. Totally valid. I was trying to make a suggestion, for some reason it really upset you, sorry.

As for laughing?
I laugh when things get ridiculous - as I feel this entire discussion has become. Guys. It is a CHAT BOARD. Sheesh.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Dumb, dumber, dumbest. I'm just saying.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Great news! My squash is ready! Know what that means?

We're squashin' it. :!:

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:21 pm

unknownscholar wrote:Great news! My squash is ready! Know what that means?

:lol: :lol:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 pm

I hardly go on farmville anymore. I hear they have clovers now, though. I may plant some this evening.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:22 pm

omg BFF, I'm currently working on grapes

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:24 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:It's just weird... I saw someone like a block away whose teenage butt was sticking out and I mentioned that in my analysis of the environment. I went to visit and people asked.

Wait wait, are you from NYC or out of town? Because if you're from NYC, you should know that you'll see far worse than a teenager with their butt sticking out, and if you're NOT from NYC, you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm from upstate. My boyfriend lives in Mt Kisco and his best friend has an apartment in the city so I visit frequently with him. I wasn't BOTHERED by the way they dress. People upstate dress much worse, though albeit much more covered. I just noticed it and I tend to say everything that I'm thinking.

As for the show thing, I just wanted to tell you that for a long time and I tend to lose my filter a bit when I'm pissed and especially when I feel I'm being insulted, so I said so. I did watch the first several seasons, though. But only because I had nothing to do. The show would be okay, but I really hate nancy. she has no facial expressions.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:24 pm

nygrrrl wrote:OK, enough is enough. I think I've been the biggest cheerleader for EVERYone on this thread for some time.

Kim, I was pissed off at the idea that someone would judge a school based on the way the kids dress. You attend fashion school, your sensibility is trained and attuned to clothing/dress, that's totally valid. But, like Sibely, I don't edit my words. I don't pick fights here, I DO speak my mind.

see but that's the whole point. i said 100 times that it was just an offhand comment and had NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING to do with my decision nor how i felt about the school. yet you still continued. you being "pissed off" was irrational and then you proceeded to make nasty comments about how you hoped to God GULC students dressed better, as if i was an idiot who will choose her school based on fashion. when you make comments, expect a response. that's all i'm saying. stop preaching to everyone that we should all be nice, when you yourself do not follow your own advice.

anyway, this is done with. you are who you are and i am who i am. end of story.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:25 pm

--ImageRemoved--

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 pm

nygrrrl, haven't seen emrose lately. what's up?

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 pm

sibley wrote:I'm from upstate. My boyfriend lives in Mt Kisco and his best friend has an apartment in the city so I visit frequently with him. I wasn't BOTHERED by the way they dress. People upstate dress much worse, though albeit much more covered. I just noticed it and I tend to say everything that I'm thinking.

Meh.

sibley wrote:As for the show thing, I just wanted to tell you that for a long time and I tend to lose my filter a bit when I'm pissed and especially when I feel I'm being insulted, so I said so. I did watch the first several seasons, though. But only because I had nothing to do. The show would be okay, but I really hate nancy. she has no facial expressions.

Sorry you feel that way about the show, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it - but an ad hominem attack like that is going to get you nowhere, just fyi.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”