Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
did you not even read the second line of my post? where I ask for a response for you? And the person who asked about decisions was full time and thought they were really late. of course they don't care the status of a part time application, at least not in relation to their own situation.

If you're going to directly address someone in a way that does not contribute to the rest of the thread, please do it via PM

public afront --> public response. on both of our accounts.

nygrrrl, do you really think I think you don't count because you got a 158? I didn't even know your score. and I got a 158 the first time I took it. I was distraught/shocked, but that's what I got. I don't care at all. 'you don't count' = 'your situation doesn't count' and I thought that was perfectly clear and, quite honestly, I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat for every little thing I say.

158?

I think NY understood what you were saying RE: her versus her situation.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:
did you not even read the second line of my post? where I ask for a response for you? And the person who asked about decisions was full time and thought they were really late. of course they don't care the status of a part time application, at least not in relation to their own situation.

If you're going to directly address someone in a way that does not contribute to the rest of the thread, please do it via PM

nygrrrl, do you really think I think you don't count because you got a 158? I didn't even know your score. and I got a 158 the first time I took it. I was distraught/shocked, but that's what I got. I don't care at all. 'you don't count' = 'your situation doesn't count' and I thought that was perfectly clear and, quite honestly, I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat for every little thing I say.

158?

I think NY understood what you were saying RE: her versus her situation.

if she did then she chose to fight with me for absolutely no reason and I don't believe she's the kind of person who would do that.

edit: the 158 was a reference to the previous post of hers.
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

sibley wrote:
if she did then she chose to fight with me for absolutely no reason and I don't believe she's the kind of person who would do that.

that was a fight? :|

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

sibley wrote:nygrrrl, do you really think I think you don't count because you got a 158? I didn't even know your score. and I got a 158 the first time I took it. I was distraught/shocked, but that's what I got. I don't care at all. 'you don't count' = 'your situation doesn't count' and I thought that was perfectly clear and, quite honestly, I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat for every little thing I say.

roflmao - I didn't get a 158, but someone who posted here today did. Was making the point that we all matter here, whether PT/FT, low score/high score. Doesn't matter. I don't think I've jumped down your throat at all but I'm sorry you feel that way. Was never my intention.

edit: for clarity, this is exactly what I said: "edit: and Sib, dude - there was a nicer way of saying that y'know." I'm sorry if that upset you, it was meant to be a very gentle reminder.
Last edited by nygrrrl on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

roflmao - I didn't get a 158, but someone who posted here today did. Was making the point that we all matter here, whether PT/FT, low score/high score. Doesn't matter. I don't think I've jumped down your throat at all but I'm sorry you feel that way. Was never my intention.

why are you rolling on the floor laughing your ass off that I thought you got a 158? if I were that 158 person, and had your recent attitude, I'd be having a cow right now.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm

sibley wrote:why are you rolling on the floor laughing your ass off that I thought you got a 158? if I were that 158 person, and had your recent attitude, I'd be having a cow right now.

Lol, and you saying you got a 158 the first time and were distraught doesn't have the same effect?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
sibley wrote:why are you rolling on the floor laughing your ass off that I thought you got a 158? if I were that 158 person, and had your recent attitude, I'd be having a cow right now.

Lol, and you saying you got a 158 the first time and were distraught doesn't have the same effect?

a 158 when I was expecting a 165? that's a well known situation around here.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Last edited by nygrrrl on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

sibley wrote:

why are you rolling on the floor laughing your ass off that I thought you got a 158? if I were that 158 person, and had your recent attitude, I'd be having a cow right now.

the whole ordeal on here right now is reason enough to roflmao....

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

sibley wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

a 158 when I was expecting a 165? that's a well known situation around here.

Yes, but what if that person who actually scored a 158 was expecting a 170?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Sibley, I'm just laughing because this whole thing is funny to me.

^^^^^ see I was right!!! :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:

the whole ordeal on here right now is reason enough to roflmao....

^THAT! :lol:

carlkenneth

Postby carlkenneth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm usually impatient, but this has to be the best waiting room ever Sure beats the DMV and emergency room. ..I'm a lurker, (in this room no less than hourly) but I feel as though I really know the users in this forum. I'd be happy to have most users in this room as classmates.

Anyway, since it's been brought up, does anyone have a sense of the time line for PT apps? I applied 1/12 and it took almost 3 weeks for them to send me an acknowledge my app. When should I expect to hear? This week? May? August? It seems as though some folks here have been waiting for friggin ever.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:nygrrrl, do you really think I think you don't count because you got a 158? I didn't even know your score. and I got a 158 the first time I took it. I was distraught/shocked, but that's what I got. I don't care at all. 'you don't count' = 'your situation doesn't count' and I thought that was perfectly clear and, quite honestly, I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat for every little thing I say.

edit: for clarity, this is exactly what I said: "edit: and Sib, dude - there was a nicer way of saying that y'know." I'm sorry if that upset you, it was meant to be a very gentle reminder.

you're right. tamlyric trolled and escalated the situation extraordinarily well. I'm still bothered by the whole fashion thing yesterday. I really didn't like the way the people in the area were dressing and the way you responded to me and others about it made me feel like you thought I was a terrible person for noticing what other people are wearing. I felt like I was being reasonable as it's generally considered inappropriate to have one's butt sticking out.

but for future reference, it's not a good idea to laugh when someone is pissed off. it just makes everyone angry. and it's basic middle school conflict resolution.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 pm

carlkenneth wrote:I'm usually impatient, but this has to be the best waiting room ever Sure beats the DMV and emergency room. ..I'm a lurker, (in this room no less than hourly) but I feel as though I really know the users in this forum. I'd be happy to have most users in this room as classmates.

Anyway, since it's been brought up, does anyone have a sense of the time line for PT apps? I applied 1/12 and it took almost 3 weeks for them to send me an acknowledge my app. When should I expect to hear? This week? May? August? It seems as though some folks here have been waiting for friggin ever.

LOL poignant time for this question.

Answer: long enough to drive you batty

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 pm

o hay everyone, first time poster, long time waiter!

i am complete as of 2/22, they have my new feb LSAT score of 167 and now im just waiting like the rest of you all! :)

oh wait...

i applied PT.......

am i still allowed to post here?? :oops:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

bryntax wrote:o hay everyone, first time poster, long time waiter!

i am complete as of 2/22, they have my new feb LSAT score of 167 and now im just waiting like the rest of you all! :)

oh wait...

i applied PT.......

yes you can post here you butt! you're just not allowed to get offended when I don't care that you got your result (though I do care THAT you got it) as it has no influence on mine.
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

bryntax wrote:o hay everyone, first time poster, long time waiter!

oh wait...

i applied PT.......

<3 bryn

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

sibley wrote:but for future reference, it's not a good idea to laugh when someone is pissed off. it just makes everyone angry. and it's basic middle school conflict resolution.

In my experience with Conflict Resolution, Sib, sometimes a good laugh is what everyone needs to come back to their senses.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:but for future reference, it's not a good idea to laugh when someone is pissed off. it just makes everyone angry. and it's basic middle school conflict resolution.

In my experience with Conflict Resolution, Sib, sometimes a good laugh is what everyone needs to come back to their senses.

you'd better go brush up.
all it looks like is you're disregarding everything I'm saying and thinking that my opinion has no right to exist.
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh, also, :lol: at you assuming she was the 158 and not the 170 from her example.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

this is ridiculous. please stop.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Oh, also, :lol: at you assuming she was the 158 and not the 170 from her example.

nancy, your show is shit. also, I have a 170. I assumed she took my score and her score, as she compared ft and pt. it was a very reasonable assumption.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Sibley, I'm just laughing because this whole thing is funny to me.

you know, i swore i wouldn't post on this thread anymore, but i've been reading because i am interested in certain peoples' situations and if they're getting into fordham, because i know it's important to them. then i see this whole situation.

i must ask: what is your problem? first you pick a fight with me, then with sibley. honestly, you're being EXTREMELY condescending with your "rotflmao" and how funny you think this all is, as if YOU'RE the mature one. you're acting immature. sibley doesn't need your "gentle reminder" and it's condescending for you to think you're some moral authority on this thread. get over yourself and stop picking fights with people. it's getting old. you're way too sensitive and if you had a problem with either sibley or me, then you should've PMed us, not say something inappropriate on a public thread. you're a lot older than me but it certainly doesn't seem that way.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

chutzpah wrote:this is ridiculous. please stop.

I'd like to. but I feel like I need to defend myself.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”