Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cherryalamode
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*


don't even say it! go knock on someone's head.


What is your number 1?


My number one is the forum that I post in the MOST. :)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*


don't even say it! go knock on someone's head.


What is your number 1?


My number one is the forum that I post in the MOST. :)



=D
and wood is a satisfactory alternative to a skull.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:43 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*


don't even say it! go knock on someone's head.


What is your number 1?


My number one is the forum that I post in the MOST. :)


Gotcha.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:43 pm

andreea7 wrote:So Cardozo is better than Brooklyn? my concern with Cardozo is that it is relatively new and they have a small network of alumni and therefore are not as well connected. I am ok on living expenses because I live in Brooklyn, so no big changes for me there.

And thank you for replying!


I actually asked that question to a Cardozo student who cold called me last night to talk about the school. Cardozo has been around for 35 years which makes it young BUT their oldest alums are in their early 60s. Although some lawyers practice well into old age (ahem Robert Morgenthau), the alums in their 40s and 50s are probably the ones who would help you at any school.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

chutzpah wrote:
andreea7 wrote:So Cardozo is better than Brooklyn? my concern with Cardozo is that it is relatively new and they have a small network of alumni and therefore are not as well connected. I am ok on living expenses because I live in Brooklyn, so no big changes for me there.

And thank you for replying!


I actually asked that question to a Cardozo student who cold called me last night to talk about the school. Cardozo has been around for 35 years which makes it young BUT their oldest alums are in their early 60s. Although some lawyers practice well into old age (ahem Robert Morgenthau), the alums in their 40s and 50s are probably the ones who would help you at any school.


I got a call last night too. I think the guy went to my undergrad, last name Weis, but I didn't keep him on the phone. I told him I was busy but that I visited the other day and planned to visit again on the 18th. He congratulated me and we hung up.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Plus the girl that Letterman was having an affair with was a Cardozo student/grad, so....win.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm

even2flow wrote:Plus the girl that Letterman was having an affair with was a Cardozo student/grad, so....win.


you are a wealth of information.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:Plus the girl that Letterman was having an affair with was a Cardozo student/grad, so....win.


you are a wealth of information.

It was on ATL this morning, my usefulness ends there.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:Plus the girl that Letterman was having an affair with was a Cardozo student/grad, so....win.


you are a wealth of information.

It was on ATL this morning, my usefulness ends there.


not quite - it at least goes until you tell me what ATL is, other than an airport.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Abovethelaw.com, I would think.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

sibley wrote:not quite - it at least goes until you tell me what ATL is, other than an airport.

Hah, rock's right, it's above the law. Blogs are pretty much where I get all my news, aside from CNN, which I mostly skim.

--LinkRemoved--

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:not quite - it at least goes until you tell me what ATL is, other than an airport.

Hah, rock's right, it's above the law. Blogs are pretty much where I get all my news, aside from CNN, which I mostly skim.

--LinkRemoved--



k. you were right about the extent of your usefulness, in that case.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:not quite - it at least goes until you tell me what ATL is, other than an airport.

Hah, rock's right, it's above the law. Blogs are pretty much where I get all my news, aside from CNN, which I mostly skim.

--LinkRemoved--



k. you were right about the extent of your usefulness, in that case.

It's okay to admit that if we don't end up going to school together you're gonna be sad. :mrgreen:

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:07 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:not quite - it at least goes until you tell me what ATL is, other than an airport.

Hah, rock's right, it's above the law. Blogs are pretty much where I get all my news, aside from CNN, which I mostly skim.

--LinkRemoved--



k. you were right about the extent of your usefulness, in that case.

It's okay to admit that if we don't end up going to school together you're gonna be sad. :mrgreen:



you know you're gonna follow me wherever I go.

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Huluba23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey people I emailed the admissions office this morning asking about my file they said they are in middle of looking at the late December early January completions. Just checked my status checker...............


IN!!!! So excited

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Huluba23 wrote:Hey people I emailed the admissions office this morning asking about my file they said they are in middle of looking at the late December early January completions. Just checked my status checker...............


IN!!!! So excited


congrats! =) when were you complete????? months ago?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 pm

sibley wrote:you know you're gonna follow me wherever I go.

True - that's why I made best friend bracelets.
Huluba23 wrote:Hey people I emailed the admissions office this morning asking about my file they said they are in middle of looking at the late December early January completions. Just checked my status checker...............


IN!!!! So excited

Congrats

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Huluba23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 pm

complete 1/4 so I had a nice wait but not as long as some people here

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Huluba23 wrote:complete 1/4 so I had a nice wait but not as long as some people here



Congrats / C'mon Fordham!!! Really?

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:23 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:complete 1/4 so I had a nice wait but not as long as some people here



Congrats / C'mon Fordham!!! Really?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:30 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:complete 1/4 so I had a nice wait but not as long as some people here



Congrats / C'mon Fordham!!! Really?


and now we need your stats!

and also I found that funny thread about retaking in June. lol @ the avatar kid.

tm912
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tm912 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Also in today via status checker-- was complete 1/4 as well...good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully there is more movement today!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:35 pm

It seems like most of the acceptances today are for those that are over both medians.

To those who got in, based on your other acceptances, where does Fordham fit in?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:It seems like most of the acceptances today are for those that are over both medians.

To those who got in, based on your other acceptances, where does Fordham fit in?


ummm don't you mean "to those who are GETTING in today" ??? ... I mean, they can't possibly be done. I'm still waiting.

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Huluba23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 pm

[quote="H. E. Pennypacker"]It seems like most of the acceptances today are for those that are over both medians.

To those who got in, based on your other acceptances, where does Fordham fit in?[/quote

I really want to stay in New York so Fordham is looking pretty good right now.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: michelekfla, ohgosh, ramp_999, smashbash and 17 guests