Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fkaKingsCollege

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Just got accepted via status check! :mrgreen:

I went complete mid-December.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:Just got accepted via status check! :mrgreen:

CONGRATULATIONS! :mrgreen:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Oh, and Andreea?
CLS.
Beg, borrow, steal.
CLS.

+1

need based aid, maybe?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Congratulations!!

... still complete 12/9

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Congrats.

So, show of hands please. How many of us immediately checked our status checker upon reading this?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

even2flow wrote:

Congrats.

So, show of hands please. How many of us immediately checked our status checker upon reading this?

Guilty as charged. 3 times, so far.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm

sibley wrote:
andreea7 wrote:Since everyone here seems to be very nice, I will ask you for some help with my dilemma. Just curious to see what you think. This is not yet related to Fordham, because Fordham has not yet let me know what happened to my application.

My dilemma is as follows: I received full tuition scholarship to Brooklyn Law School but I was also accepted to Columbia Law School with no scholarship. I know, obviously, the difference between the two schools. But I am not exactly interested in taking $150,000 in loans, particularly as I am not going to law school planning to become a corporate laywer, but would like to follow my heart and do public interest. (Seems my husband's income disqualifies me from most payments under LRAPs.) What do you think about going with the free ride? My heart breaks since I love Columbia, obviously. Brooklyn is a very nice school but it is hard to let go of Columbia, obviously. And I am not counting Fordham in yet because if I hear from them after my deposit at Brooklyn or CLS is due, then it is not an option.

Sorry for bugging this Fordham-exclusive thread with this, but I have followed this thread the most and like everyone here.

I'd see if you can get Fordham or Cardozo to give you full (Cardozo probably will, and maybe a stipend).... it's good to not have to take loans (but you still have to pay cost of living, remember), but I think you can do better than Brooklyn in the full-ride area.

So Cardozo is better than Brooklyn? my concern with Cardozo is that it is relatively new and they have a small network of alumni and therefore are not as well connected. I am ok on living expenses because I live in Brooklyn, so no big changes for me there.

And thank you for replying!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Congrats.

Guilty as charged. 3 times, so far.

didn't. checked once this morning. going to check again now, though. yup still complete.
admissions isn't answering my emails. used to answer immediately. either means they're super busy or I didn't get in.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

sibley wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
CLS.
Beg, borrow, steal.
CLS.

+1

need based aid, maybe?

Hmm, I doubt it that is an option. My EFC is $40,000. Which is hilarious considering the costs of living in New York.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

sibley wrote:didn't. checked once this morning. going to check again now, though. yup still complete.
admissions isn't answering my emails. used to answer immediately. [strike]either means they're[/strike]they must be super busy [strike]or I didn't get in.[/strike]getting ready to accept me

ftfy

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
andreea7 wrote:Since everyone here seems to be very nice, I will ask you for some help with my dilemma. Just curious to see what you think. This is not yet related to Fordham, because Fordham has not yet let me know what happened to my application.

My dilemma is as follows: I received full tuition scholarship to Brooklyn Law School but I was also accepted to Columbia Law School with no scholarship. I know, obviously, the difference between the two schools. But I am not exactly interested in taking $150,000 in loans, particularly as I am not going to law school planning to become a corporate laywer, but would like to follow my heart and do public interest. (Seems my husband's income disqualifies me from most payments under LRAPs.) What do you think about going with the free ride? My heart breaks since I love Columbia, obviously. Brooklyn is a very nice school but it is hard to let go of Columbia, obviously. And I am not counting Fordham in yet because if I hear from them after my deposit at Brooklyn or CLS is due, then it is not an option.

Sorry for bugging this Fordham-exclusive thread with this, but I have followed this thread the most and like everyone here.

Will PM you when I have a chance, but my instinct is to tell you to run to 116th St as fast as you possibly can, and with very good reason. I commend the school to you. (I have rather strong opinions on Fordham's neighbors and will let the others tell you their opinions as well.)

Thank you -- looking forward to hearing more from you.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

andreea7 wrote:
sibley wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
CLS.
Beg, borrow, steal.
CLS.

+1

need based aid, maybe?

Hmm, I doubt it that is an option. My EFC is $40,000. Which is hilarious considering the costs of living in New York.

well maybe you could get 5k... or whatever would make up the difference between your efc and tuition/col. mine's 0.. even with my mom's income added. heh. no one ever believes me when I say I'm poor.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Applied 1/4 and just hit my eight-week mark yesterday, and going on tour tonight, so I thought I'd email for the heck of it.

This was the response:

"The Committee is just now reading application that became complete in late December/early January. I will try to expedite your file but cannot promise much. I am sure a decision will be rendered before other deposits are due.
Best of luck and enjoy your tour!"

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm

jl2032 wrote:Applied 1/4 and just hit my eight-week mark yesterday, and going on tour tonight, so I thought I'd email for the heck of it.

This was the response:

"The Committee is just now reading application that became complete in late December/early January. I will try to expedite your file but cannot promise much. I am sure a decision will be rendered before other deposits are due.
Best of luck and enjoy your tour!"

oooh nice. I emailed today and am still waiting - who did you contact? I told them that finances were very important to me and that I was concerned that the need-based aid would be exhausted by the time I got my result.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Rejected. Complete 12/9.

I'm very upset but I know that many of you want Fordham a lot more than I do (it's not my number 1) so I concede to this defeat.

Good luck to the rest of you, especially those who post on this thread daily. You know who you are. :)
Last edited by cherryalamode on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Rejected. Complete 12/9.

I'm very upset but I know that many of you want Fordham a lot more than I do (it's not my number 1) so I concede to this defeat.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Oh Cherry. I'm so sorry. First choice or no, that still sucks.
:(

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:24 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Good luck to the rest of you.

Oh Cherry. I'm so sorry. First choice or no, that still sucks.
:(

concur. sorry =(

could you please send your stats?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Good luck to the rest of you, especially those who post on this thread daily. You know who you are. :)

Lame, I'm sorry cherry :(

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Sadface, Cherry. Sadface.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry to hear it! Best of luck to you.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:37 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*

don't even say it! go knock on someone's head.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 pm

sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Thank you, guys! You're really sweet. Here's hoping that my number 1 won't reject me. *crossesfingerscrossestoescrosseseverythiiiing*

What is your number 1?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

They won't :mrgreen:

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 pm

sibley wrote:

I knocked on wood, if that helps!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”