Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Today was unlikely since it was the first day back after a holiday, SOMEONE in that admissions committee must be still recovering from a turkey coma and my guess is that everyone has to agree in order to send out acceptances or rejections.

HJO

Bronze

Post by HJO » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
SanBun wrote:
SanBun wrote:considering that it's already 2PM EST and nobody here has posted an acceptance today, may I be so pessimistic as to venture a guess that today is not a d-day?
Someone join me in my pessimism? Anyone? Only optimists around here?
I'll join you. Today does not seem to be a d-day. Maybe tomorrow?
yeah

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Anyone else in my situation: app complete since 10/19 or so, numbers near or slighly below the medians? I'm starting to lose hope in good news, although we're guaranteed to hear something within the next two weeks.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:39 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Anyone else in my situation: app complete since 10/19 or so, numbers near or slighly below the medians? I'm starting to lose hope in good news, although we're guaranteed to hear something within the next two weeks.
App complete 10/19, no updates since, 169/3.2.

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, I am up at the 75% for LSAT and between the 25% and median in GPA....so not the same situation, exactly, but I feel the pain of not being above the 75% and freaking out. However, I feel confident if you are at the median or above/below a little, they will not out and out reject you this early in the game. But I am starting to dread "defered to regular admissions"....eek

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

valley splitter

Bronze

Post by valley splitter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:53 pm

It's that time of the day when I start to check application status websites and for some reason, when I try to log onto Fordham's page, it says anything to do with Fordham Law is unavailable at the moment. Could this mean anything?

guyincognito

New

Post by guyincognito » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 pm

It could, but it doesn't.

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:01 pm

NancyBotwin wrote: I'll join you. Today does not seem to be a d-day. Maybe tomorrow?
+1

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm

beebs wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote: I'll join you. Today does not seem to be a d-day. Maybe tomorrow?
+1
Let's hope tomorrow's the day. Starting tomorrow, they will only have 15 days left to notify people. They really really need to get those decisions out if they wanna make it, IMO.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:12 pm

SanBun wrote:
beebs wrote:
+1
Let's hope tomorrow's the day. Starting tomorrow, they will only have 15 days left to notify people. They really really need to get those decisions out if they wanna make it, IMO.
I totally agree.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 pm

beebs wrote:
SanBun wrote:Let's hope tomorrow's the day. Starting tomorrow, they will only have 15 days left to notify people. They really really need to get those decisions out if they wanna make it, IMO.
I totally agree.
I can think of 1 school's admissions staff that are going to hate the next 2 weeks.....

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:41 pm

ok, so I have a question: if you're not accepted by now, does it mean you're pretty much out for EA? Not to be panicking, but according to LSN Fordham has accepted an unusually large # of EA applicants (compared to Cornell's EA, where nobody on LSN or TLS has been admitted so far).. Was that the main wave of acceptances already?

Or is it possible they just accepted the earliest batch of EA? But then again, I saw three applicants on LSN who went complete the same day as I did and already got their acceptance :(

I don't understand.. I REALLY want to attend and my # are good for Fordham :(

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 pm

SanBun wrote:ok, so I have a question: if you're not accepted by now, does it mean you're pretty much out for EA? Not to be panicking, but according to LSN Fordham has accepted an unusually large # of EA applicants (compared to Cornell's EA, where nobody on LSN or TLS has been admitted so far).. Was that the main wave of acceptances already?

Or is it possible they just accepted the earliest batch of EA? But then again, I saw three applicants on LSN who went complete the same day as I did and already got their acceptance :(

I think they're just being slow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:45 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote: I think they're just being slow.
Let's hope so... otherwise I might :cry:

RubyDoomsday

Bronze

Post by RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm

I worry for Fordham since they are bound to have a lot of overlap with NYU and Columbia. NYU and Columbi both don't notify their EDs until the end of December, and theirs are binding.

So maybe a good chunk of us will end up defered to RA?

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 pm

I received my acceptance 11/18. For those of you who were also accepted and have received a packet in the mail, when were you accepted?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:I worry for Fordham since they are bound to have a lot of overlap with NYU and Columbia. NYU and Columbi both don't notify their EDs until the end of December, and theirs are binding.

So maybe a good chunk of us will end up defered to RA?
I think you're right about that.
But being deferred is not necessarily a bad thing.. Some of the best # for Cornell EA got deferred, and I have a strong suspicion it's because schools wanna see how the cycles of applicants likely to get into other schools play out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 pm

JayTal wrote:I received my acceptance 11/18. For those of you who were also accepted and have received a packet in the mail, when were you accepted?
I received my acceptance on 11/06 and my "packet" on 11/23. It was a single 8 1/2 x 11" letter, unfolded in a nice looking manila envelope. No scholarship info, although it did say that an admitted students packet would be sent out in December.

beebs

Bronze

Post by beebs » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 am

SanBun wrote:ok, so I have a question: if you're not accepted by now, does it mean you're pretty much out for EA? Not to be panicking, but according to LSN Fordham has accepted an unusually large # of EA applicants (compared to Cornell's EA, where nobody on LSN or TLS has been admitted so far).. Was that the main wave of acceptances already?

I'm in a similar position, but I feel there's no reason to worry yet. I think others have it right - they are just taking their time. Given that the class isn't tiny, and that there are people with pretty good numbers still waiting, I think we've got a good shot.

Additionally, from LSN, it doesn't look like anyone who submitted after 10/21 has an acceptance yet. Last completion date is 11/03.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:24 am

beebs wrote: I'm in a similar position, but I feel there's no reason to worry yet. I think others have it right - they are just taking their time. Given that the class isn't tiny, and that there are people with pretty good numbers still waiting, I think we've got a good shot.

Additionally, from LSN, it doesn't look like anyone who submitted after 10/21 has an acceptance yet. Last completion date is 11/03.

true that! let's gooo Fordham! I gotta feelin', that tomorow's gon' be a good day :)

march319

New

Post by march319 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:55 am

Did anyone here apply that is retaking in December?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LaurenGayle

Bronze

Post by LaurenGayle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 am

Mosca wrote:
JayTal wrote:I received my acceptance 11/18. For those of you who were also accepted and have received a packet in the mail, when were you accepted?
I received my acceptance on 11/06 and my "packet" on 11/23. It was a single 8 1/2 x 11" letter, unfolded in a nice looking manila envelope. No scholarship info, although it did say that an admitted students packet would be sent out in December.
I found out through my status checker that I was in on 11/18 and recieved my acceptance letter a few days later. My scholarship info came on 11/25, but I wouldn't be too concerned if you haven't received that yet -- I got mine the day before Thanksgiving and I already live in New York City. With the Holiday mail craziness, I'd give it a few more days.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Come oooooooonnn Fordham! Please? :mrgreen:

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Does fordham's status checker tell you right away that you're either accepted, rejected, waitlisted or deferred?

Or do they just state that a decision has been rendered and we have to wait for the snail mail?

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:Does fordham's status checker tell you right away that you're either accepted, rejected, waitlisted or deferred?

Or do they just state that a decision has been rendered and we have to wait for the snail mail?
i believe it tells you the decision. something like congratulations! you've been accepted or something. i hope i see those words soon.

also, for those people who did not apply EA but applied a few days after the deadline.. does this mean i should not expect to hear any time this month?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”