Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

BTW, those of you who have been waiting for longer than 8 weeks should contact admissions. Shoot an email, whatever. They WILL help and it definitely expedites the process. They were really nice and looked my file up immediately.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Kim617 wrote:BTW, those of you who have been waiting for longer than 8 weeks should contact admissions. Shoot an email, whatever. They WILL help and it definitely expedites the process. They were really nice and looked my file up immediately.

I agree with Kim :lol:

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:19 pm

lol what, were they wearing suspenders?

Did they look unclean?

the thing I find greatest about NYC is, as much emphasis as people place on fashion, it is rare that someone stands out, regardless of how they define it for themselves.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:24 pm

unknownscholar wrote:lol what, were they wearing suspenders?

Did they look unclean?

the thing I find greatest about NYC is, as much emphasis as people place on fashion, it is rare that someone stands out, regardless of how they define it for themselves.

ha, well i go to a fashion school like i said, so it's not that it was weird or creative, i'm very used to that. and actually, i wear suspenders sometimes, they're actually in!

i don't mean unclean at all. i mean that it seemed they put effort into creating the look, but the look didn't work. for example, my tour guide was wearing this purple knit, short-sleeved sweater with one big button over a long-sleeve t-shirt tucked into her pants w/ a belt, and her boots were the kind that you're supposed to tuck your jeans into, but she didn't. it just seemed... not nice. and i don't want to be mean, because she was very nice, but since someone brought up the fashion aspect, i just wanted to comment. these things are not important at all to most people, it's just something i happen to notice because i've been studying it for four years.

edit to say that i'm really not a bitch, i promise! i wasn't judging, it's just something i noticed enough to comment to my mom after, so i thought it was funny that it was mentioned here, because it did make an impression on me.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Did they look unclean?

Seriously - these clothing posts are mind-boggling. Just... Wow.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:41 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Did they look unclean?

Seriously - these clothing posts are mind-boggling. Just... Wow.

why? i'm not judging anyone, i was just saying my impression. i'm all for people wearing whatever they want- BELIEVE ME I'VE SEEN IT ALL- but with that i'm also allowed to comment on it. i'm commenting as far as the fashion-forward point of view, i'm not condemning them for wearing their particular style. also, it's so important in the fashion industry to talk about what people are wearing, it's second nature for me. what's the big deal? i don't why everyone is like flabbergasted.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Kim617 wrote:BTW, those of you who have been waiting for longer than 8 weeks should contact admissions. Shoot an email, whatever. They WILL help and it definitely expedites the process. They were really nice and looked my file up immediately.

just took your advice and sent them an email. now im just gonna cross my fingers and toes.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Kim, while your judgement is your own (and is this valid, for you) it is most certainly a judgement and is thus judgemental. I hope to heck the GULC students are better dressed.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

maybe I'm wrong here, but I think the big deal may, in fact, be that it isn't a big deal. At least it isn't to me, which is why I found it unusual that attention has been brought to fordham law student's attire. lol. but anything to pass the time.

Still, Fordham, my life for you :-)
Sincerely,
US

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for the advice. It's been 10 weeks for me today, which is a lot less than some of you, but if think they won't mind then I don't see why not. Maybe an email tomorrow.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Kim, while your judgement is your own (and is this valid, for you) it is most certainly a judgement and is thus judgemental. I hope to heck the GULC students are better dressed.

having been there more times than I can count, I think there are stark differences between GULC and anywhere in NYC, not the least of which is attire. lol. If fashion is important somewhere, it isn't gulc...unless that popped collar look is still in.
Last edited by unknownscholar on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Kim, while your judgement is your own (and is this valid, for you) it is most certainly a judgement and is thus judgemental. I hope to heck the GULC students are better dressed.

you are taking this way too seriously. a conversation about clothing does not a judgmental person make. i don't CARE about how they dress, nor would it affect my decision. i do enjoy discussing fashion, and if anything, your comment about GULC students was pretty uncalled for, but i'm not sensitive so let's drop it.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:

Thanks for the advice. It's been 10 weeks for me today, which is a lot less than some of you, but if think they won't mind then I don't see why not. Maybe an email tomorrow.

actually if anything, i think the opposite. when i told them i was bordering on 12 weeks, she was surprised and actually felt bad. i'm sure they'd be happy to help. good luck!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:08 pm

LOL - oh Kim, I don't take this seriously at ALL! I'm just pointing out that you are, in fact, judgemental and that I'm sorry we here on the UWS were so disappointing!

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:10 pm

So...in other news, my wheat is coming in quite nicely :-)

edit: notice my UNfashionable purple overalls :oops:
Last edited by unknownscholar on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm

nygrrrl wrote:LOL - oh Kim, I don't take this seriously at ALL! I'm just pointing out that you are, in fact, judgemental and that I'm sorry we here on the UWS were so disappointing!

i didn't mention the UWS once...

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Kim617 wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:

actually if anything, i think the opposite. when i told them i was bordering on 12 weeks, she was surprised and actually felt bad. i'm sure they'd be happy to help. good luck!

all right! since today was my 3 month anniversary, I will send them a friendly email tomorrow.

in a slightly related and i hope humorous tangent, when i started at UVA after going to high school in Manhattan, I mentioned to my roommate that everyone looked the same. What I later realized is that a) i'd never seen such a large proportion of white people before and b) nearly everyone really did dress the same.

In DC people are relatively boring and very businessy. I scolded a girl today for wearing inappropriate office wear. Don't know if that translates to law students but maybe since some may be working part time or interning during the year.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:28 pm

so..in an attempt to cut the tension in here:

I baked a cake today!

see that, fordham? I can bake too.

so...lets all be smiley and happy and get along :)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 pm

goosey wrote:so..in an attempt to cut the tension in here:

I baked a cake today!

GREAT cake. did you actually bake that? that rainbow looks like bakery-quality.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Kim617 wrote:

yeah, I'm taking a cake decorating class and this was our first project. so fun!

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Kim617 wrote:

I baked a cake today!

Who are you to judge the quality of Goosey's cake?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. <3 Fordham thread)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 pm

beef wellington wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

I baked a cake today!

Who are you to judge the quality of Goosey's cake?

is that nice? :D

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Kim617 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:Who are you to judge the quality of Goosey's cake?

:?: <3 is a sideways heart if that's what you're asking. Despite not being a regular poster, I love the Fordham thread, so you guys got that going for you. Which is nice.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 am

beef wellington wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
beef wellington wrote:Who are you to judge the quality of Goosey's cake?

:?: <3 is a sideways heart if that's what you're asking. Despite not being a regular poster, I love the Fordham thread, so you guys got that going for you. Which is nice.

haha no i was kidding. it's like when i say something mean and my mom is like "IS THAT NICE TO SAY?"

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:15 am

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:The walk AROUND fordham is the issue, and the undergrads dress badly, as do the highschoolers that are around.

Wait, wha? I fail to see how this is an issue?

OMG, the law students dress poorly too! I know it's a non-issue and I wasn't even going to mention it, but now that you did, it had to be said. I cringed about 5 times. This could be because I am in fashion school, but seriously the fashion is just lacking. I'm sure there are plenty of decent dressers, I just didn't get to meet them.

edit to say that that's so snarky and obnoxious of me to say, i know. also, i'm not talking like sweatpants out of laziness, i'm talking about actual effort put into creating the outfit and it being bad. ha, i guess us girls notice stuff like that.

and btw, someone mentioned the bronx campus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. if you have a chance, i'd head up there to see it. it was one of my top choices for undergrad because it's just such a beautiful school. the surrounding area isn't so great, but it is really like it's own little world.

awww don't worry, I understand. and don't worry about nygrrrl, she's just a little defensive of fordham because of her currently-unrequited love. I didn't notice the law students dressing too awfully and I felt in place/slightly underdressed in my zip-up hoodie. but the high school girls (they had to be... they were too short and their legs were too skinny to be anything else) were very truly obnoxious. I didn't really want to see their prepubescent behinds every time the wind blew, which is what happened. or when they happened to rip huge holes into the back of their tights, which also happened.

ps. I know this is a few pages old, but I justtttt got home.

pps. also! THREE emails from Florida. One, another, then a recall of the one. All about 15 minutes spaced.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”