Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cardboardbox

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm

sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Oh and sibley, I guess you got lucky and picked a great weekend to visit NYC as this has been the best weekend weather wise in a while :D

The weather was incredible (good, to prevent my BRRRRR bias). I had a great time. We went snowboarding in MA the night before... he went snowboarding, I went up to the top of the mountain once, got halfway down (fell every 3 seconds, couldn't get the board to serpentine was was way too afraid to go fast)... and ended up walking the rest of the way. In NY we went to Mee Noodle and wandered around a little bit. Did you know pinkberry has chocolate now? Best thing ever. I'm not big on 'refreshing' flavors.

oh! I forgot to mention. I ran into a 2L who was on the law review. he told me the first year wasn't actually too bad (I'd heard it was always worse the first year) and he probably put in 5 to 10 hours a week. next year he's got a position-whatever-thing and that'll take up more time. he was a nice guy. I liked the Fordham kids. They were like me, slightly older than I'm used to seeing but still young (I spend a lot of time on my undergrad campus visiting my bf).

Oh, I never heard of Mee, I just yelped it lol, when it comes to chinese I like the more "authentic" food and stick to chinatown (at which point my gf gives me a lecture about eating "authentic" food and how she wants hers americanized lol XD).

How did you "run into" this student? This is something I've been curious about, I wanna go back and visit fordham again soon and I've been wanting to talk to students but idk how to do that, do I just bug people in the hall or seating around?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
sibley wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Oh and sibley, I guess you got lucky and picked a great weekend to visit NYC as this has been the best weekend weather wise in a while :D

The weather was incredible (good, to prevent my BRRRRR bias). I had a great time. We went snowboarding in MA the night before... he went snowboarding, I went up to the top of the mountain once, got halfway down (fell every 3 seconds, couldn't get the board to serpentine was was way too afraid to go fast)... and ended up walking the rest of the way. In NY we went to Mee Noodle and wandered around a little bit. Did you know pinkberry has chocolate now? Best thing ever. I'm not big on 'refreshing' flavors.

oh! I forgot to mention. I ran into a 2L who was on the law review. he told me the first year wasn't actually too bad (I'd heard it was always worse the first year) and he probably put in 5 to 10 hours a week. next year he's got a position-whatever-thing and that'll take up more time. he was a nice guy. I liked the Fordham kids. They were like me, slightly older than I'm used to seeing but still young (I spend a lot of time on my undergrad campus visiting my bf).

Oh, I never heard of Mee, I just yelped it lol, when it comes to chinese I like the more "authentic" food and stick to chinatown (at which point my gf gives me a lecture about eating "authentic" food and how she wants hers americanized lol XD).

How did you "run into" this student? This is something I've been curious about, I wanna go back and visit fordham again soon and I've been wanting to talk to students but idk how to do that, do I just bug people in the hall or seating around?

battery's dying, sorry. we were looking at a billboard outside the law review and he walked by and asked if we needed help. I told him we were just touring, he said he was on law review and asked if I had any questions.

paminator

Postby paminator » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Ok, this is really stupid. But I can't find the Fordham 2013 thread... :shock: :roll: :oops:

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm

unknownscholar wrote:I remember when I first moved to nyc a few years back. My first apt was in Harlem. No need to even describe what that was like. 6 months later, I was in love with it. And nothing really changed, except that I got used to it: the trash...the p***y smell on the subway in the morn, the way 34th street station smells like 2 sweaty gym socks in the summer, the m101 from 125th to 23rd, the African women in Harlem asking me to braid my fro everytime I walk outside...the 20min waits for elevators....the ACCESS to everything. I'm in love with the city. And that has contributed significantly to my desire to attend Fordham, not to mention that it's one of the few schools in the city where I feel like I'm a great fit.

When it comes to NYC and Fordham, I feel like the trashcan man from The Stand:
My Life for You!! :twisted:

so...Take Me :!:

LOL you just reminded me something cool about the 34th street station stop! If you go on the platform by the N, R, Q, W (I'm not sure if it's both on the uptown and downtown platform) but you'll notice they have these green bars hanging from the ceiling that have these white plastic blocks sticking out. If you wave your hand by these blocks they make the sound of twittering birds or other noises from nature. You can run by and wave them all at the same time to make a cacophony (yea that's the best word to describe it lol) of noise. Oh, and if I remember correctly I think they light up when you wave your hand by them too.

flowylime

Postby flowylime » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:35 pm

unknownscholar wrote:My Life for You!! :twisted:

Excellent Stephen King reference.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 pm

paminator wrote:Ok, this is really stupid. But I can't find the Fordham 2013 thread... :shock: :roll: :oops:

Got ya - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99172

nygrrrl wrote:E2F, you tell me when you're coming, i'll buy you a beer.
HE - check out Michigan's library. Swear to god, looks just like Harry P's dining hall.

Absolutely.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

I love that noise thing @ 34th St! And unknown? Fabulous description and sums up how I feel about the school, as well. :)

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:59 pm

flowylime wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:My Life for You!! :twisted:

Excellent Stephen King reference.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

+1 Just please don't destroy the school with an atomic bomb. Thanks ;-)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 pm

For God's sake, Florida State University, I'm not applying! Leave me alone!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:For God's sake, Florida State University, I'm not applying! Leave me alone!

+1000000. ditto detroit mercy and ONU, whatever they are.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm actually surprised I have recieved an email from Detroit Mercy for at least 2 weeks now! =D Which scares me, I know it's overdue...I get that sinking feel that I just got one now.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:For God's sake, Florida State University, I'm not applying! Leave me alone!

Drexel and Barry have been beating down my door.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:I'm actually surprised I have recieved an email from Detroit Mercy for at least 2 weeks now! =D Which scares me, I know it's overdue...I get that sinking feel that I just got one now.

I did, however, get yet another scholarship opportunity today from Drexel. Awesome!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:I'm actually surprised I have recieved an email from Detroit Mercy for at least 2 weeks now! =D Which scares me, I know it's overdue...I get that sinking feel that I just got one now.

i don't think i've gotten an email in a bit either, but i got a large envelope from them the other day. which is much worse!

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi happy Fordham thread. Got my status checker today :).

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

keg411 wrote:Hi happy Fordham thread. Got my status checker today :).

Whoa...Did you just apply? If so, get ready to grind your teeth.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:35 pm

i also got the florida state and drexel emails. 2 from florida state and a recall email request from them too. weird.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:37 pm

All right kids, in all seriousness, should I email the admissions office and ask if there's a reason we're at 3 months+? A few pages back someone said they were reviewing apps submitted in early January. I have been out of school for several years so they can't be waiting for grades. I did retake the LSAT so its possible they had me in the waitlist pile and then decided to reconsider. Or maybe they're working on a scholarship offer too? I dunno.

edit to add: I'll be in the city next week so I do have a relevant reason to contact them besides being grumpy and impatient. If I'm admitted I might be in a different mindset when I see the school. If I'm still pending I don't know if I'll take my visit as seriously.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

They are swamped with apps and are running about 6 weeks behind. Or um, so i've heard. Or something.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:50 pm

ryguy wrote:

Yes. And yes, I expect a wait (and a likely WL). Even with my new LSAT and PT, Fordham is a reach for me because they hate sub 3.0 GPA's (however, if Fordham is serious about raising their PT median, however, they are going to have to consider splitters, so maybe I have a shot).

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 pm

chutzpah wrote:All right kids, in all seriousness, should I email the admissions office and ask if there's a reason we're at 3 months+? A few pages back someone said they were reviewing apps submitted in early January. I have been out of school for several years so they can't be waiting for grades. I did retake the LSAT so its possible they had me in the waitlist pile and then decided to reconsider. Or maybe they're working on a scholarship offer too? I dunno.

edit to add: I'll be in the city next week so I do have a relevant reason to contact them besides being grumpy and impatient. If I'm admitted I might be in a different mindset when I see the school. If I'm still pending I don't know if I'll take my visit as seriously.

Ye what was that about them reviewing apps submitted in early January? What about us that submitted before that? What does this mean?

phonepro

Postby phonepro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I still haven't heard anything. I applied part-time, went complete January 12th. 165/4.0

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:32 pm

phonepro wrote:I still haven't heard anything. I applied part-time, went complete January 12th. 165/4.0

Also complete 1/12 PT. 172/3.4

We're at our 8-week mark today. I'm going to visit tomorrow. I would check on this, but it's after work so admissions will be closed. Anyway, there are people here waiting since before us.

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 pm

keg411 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

Yes. And yes, I expect a wait (and a likely WL). Even with my new LSAT and PT, Fordham is a reach for me because they hate sub 3.0 GPA's (however, if Fordham is serious about raising their PT median, however, they are going to have to consider splitters, so maybe I have a shot).

Me too, keg. I got my status checker today. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is facing a long wait.

I hope the rest of you will stick around and keep us company once you know you're in. :)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:11 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:The walk AROUND fordham is the issue, and the undergrads dress badly, as do the highschoolers that are around.

Wait, wha? I fail to see how this is an issue?

OMG, the law students dress poorly too! I know it's a non-issue and I wasn't even going to mention it, but now that you did, it had to be said. I cringed about 5 times. This could be because I am in fashion school, but seriously the fashion is just lacking. I'm sure there are plenty of decent dressers, I just didn't get to meet them.

edit to say that that's so snarky and obnoxious of me to say, i know. also, i'm not talking like sweatpants out of laziness, i'm talking about actual effort put into creating the outfit and it being bad. ha, i guess us girls notice stuff like that.

and btw, someone mentioned the bronx campus, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. if you have a chance, i'd head up there to see it. it was one of my top choices for undergrad because it's just such a beautiful school. the surrounding area isn't so great, but it is really like it's own little world.
Last edited by Kim617 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”