Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

jl2032 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I think you have a good shot at NYU, if they didn't like you, they'd have WL or rejected you by now, I think. My NYU reject felt like a punch in the stomach, but I'm over it. I'm excited about Fordham or Georgetown. UVA HAS been WLing like crazy, their chart is full of yellow dots, it's amazing. I really only applied because of the fee waiver, I wasn't thinking I'd get in, but we'll see. I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though. If they accept me before I go to Gtown for the ASW at the end of the month, I will probably swing by. I'm going to stick on Columbia's WL, does anyone know how deep they actually dig into the WL, or is it like an soft reject?

I still don't understand your NYU rejection. Weird. They haven't sent out the mass WLs yet, so I am pretty sure I'm getting one. I also only applied to UVA because of the fee waiver! But as I looked into it, I became much more interested. Pity it would be such a complicated move. At least you have Gtown(!)- I kinda wish I'd applied because I like DC/have a bunch of friends there.

OH and as far as the CLS waitlist goes- I checked out last year's WL thread, and it seems like it's very sloowwww going, and they do it in rounds (first reserve, second, third). sounds kind of painful. but worth it if you're one of the lucky ones, of course.

I just got the CLS "hold" letter, which means they want some extra info before they flat out reject me next month. :( At least it'll be less painful than waiting throughout the summer.

Did you guys write your LOCI's already? How long ago were you waitlisted?

"Hold" seems to be much better than WL. I snail-mailed a LOCI right after I got the reserve letter. I think it was 2/12.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:kim, that is SO awesome. i love italy. i was there for my honeymoon in august :D

i studied there last spring and i've been pining to go back. i don't necessarily love their way of life (too slow, too bureaucratic, etc.) but it's nice to be there for periods of time, like the summer! i figure i could either be there, or freaking out in prep for law school lol

where'd you go on your honeymoon?

i did study abroad in florence in 2007 and loved it so much. it is slow, though. but OMG the food! hehe. for my honeymoon, we went to Anacapri, Florence, and Rome.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:kim, that is SO awesome. i love italy. i was there for my honeymoon in august :D

i studied there last spring and i've been pining to go back. i don't necessarily love their way of life (too slow, too bureaucratic, etc.) but it's nice to be there for periods of time, like the summer! i figure i could either be there, or freaking out in prep for law school lol

where'd you go on your honeymoon?

i did study abroad in florence in 2007 and loved it so much. it is slow, though. but OMG the food! hehe. for my honeymoon, we went to Anacapri, Florence, and Rome.

yeah i was in florence, too. what i loved the most was the history. i love history and i read biographies and non-fiction for fun, so i was like a wide-eyed idiot there, especially on my visit to rome. the vatican is my favorite place in the entire world. i think the tour guide said that if you looked at every piece in the vatican museum for 45 seconds, without eating, peeing, or sleeping, it would take 12 years! amazing. i'm such a nerd, it's really pathetic. i saw statues of augustus (one of my all-time favorite historical figures) and i went crazy.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Itlay is #1 on my list of countries I need to visit. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:28 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Itlay is #1 on my list of countries I need to visit. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

the country is amazing. but to be honest, i was a little surprised at the lack of manners of europeans, in my experience (i don't want to generalize). like for example, i would walk into a place behind someone, and they'd slam the door in my face! i found this to be particularly rampant among italians. they never held the door for me! lol the french i found to be very nice though. i remember i was by myself at the museum of war and i lost my ticket, which you need to get into all the exhibits. so i wanted to go into the WWII exhibit and i just realized i lost my ticket. so the elderly security guard was like "you're american, right? you can go in, it's the least we can do!" with a little chuckle. i had nothing but nice experiences with the french, but i suspect that has a little to do with the fact that i'm a girl.

ah i can't wait to go back, i'm so giddy!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Itlay is #1 on my list of countries I need to visit. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

the country is amazing. but to be honest, i was a little surprised at the lack of manners of europeans, in my experience (i don't want to generalize). like for example, i would walk into a place behind someone, and they'd slam the door in my face! i found this to be particularly rampant among italians. they never held the door for me! lol the french i found to be very nice though. i remember i was by myself at the museum of war and i lost my ticket, which you need to get into all the exhibits. so i wanted to go into the WWII exhibit and i just realized i lost my ticket. so the elderly security guard was like "you're american, right? you can go in, it's the least we can do!" with a little chuckle. i had nothing but nice experiences with the french, but i suspect that has a little to do with the fact that i'm a girl.

Haha that's great. Never been to France, either. Of the countries I've been to, Germany is my favorite.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Haha that's great. Never been to France, either. Of the countries I've been to, Germany is my favorite.

I've never been to Germany, but I love German people. I had a German professor, she was awesome. They're so organized and efficient, and on time! I love punctuality. I'm going to Berlin in April for a competition, I cannot wait. Have you been?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Kim617 wrote:I've never been to Germany, but I love German people. I had a German professor, she was awesome. They're so organized and efficient, and on time! I love punctuality. I'm going to Berlin in April for a competition, I cannot wait. Have you been?

Yes I was in Berlin during my sophomore year as part of a travel seminar. It's very much like an american city because so much of it was destroyed during the war, but I still loved it. Any culture that places that much importance on beer is a culture I want to be a part of.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Kim617 wrote:I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though.

I went to UVA for undergrad (born/raised in nyc, uva undergrad, dc now) and it is just divine. The town, the school, the community, everything. It is particularly gorgeous in the spring. If you are driving to DC for GULC, I think the trip to Cville is totally worth it.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:59 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote: Any culture that places that much importance on beer is a culture I want to be a part of.

Ha ha ha - welcome to my German Norwegian Canadian family! We are punctual, fun loving BEER DRINKERS! Lol

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 pm

There are some thoughts and feelings I want to express right now that would probably hurt my chances of getting into Fordham, so I will keep them to myself... until I am (hopefully) accepted.

:O

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Its March 8th and I still dont have a single acceptance. Now might be the time to start worrying..

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 pm

goosey wrote:Its March 8th and I still dont have a single acceptance. Now might be the time to start worrying..

Shhhhhh..... we will sit vewy vewy qwuietly over here, in the corner.
Iz OK.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:37 pm

goosey wrote:Its March 8th and I still dont have a single acceptance. Now might be the time to start worrying..

+1

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

my family started asking me if I have a back-up plan in case I dont get in anywhere about 1 month ago. I think people think I live in fantasyland where I will get into law school with a sub 3 gpa--they also dont know very much about law school admissions, but its really annoying when you feel like the people around you dont believe you can get into law school.

accept me and save my self-respect fordham. thanks.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I think your new LSAT will go a long way, goosey!

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Goose my friend,
Don't worry about it. I have 9+ pending applications as well. You will get in :)

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks kim, matt and ny grrrl!!!

::deep breath::

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Curious,
What is your LSAT? I imagine your LSAT crushes mine at 163 and I got a wait list, so I would imagine you will get in.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Curious,
What is your LSAT? I imagine your LSAT crushes mine at 163 and I got a wait list, so I would imagine you will get in.

I am a retaker so it was 161, new score is 166. its good cuz I went from their 25th to their 75th with the lsat, but my gpa is horrendous--so not quite sure how that will play out. edit-and my score is far from crushing anyone. But I am happy with it because I finally got closer to my pt range which is a huge relief.

Im just grateful that I squeaked by with the 161 long enough without getting rejected to have another score to report.

did you apply for pt or ft?

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:12 pm

I applied FT and would really rather have FT, I am 163/3.43. The wait list form had the option of telling them you would take either division. I marked that I would take either, but in my LOCI I wrote I would rather have FT. If it comes down to getting in PT I will probably still take it but be bummed. I got into UNC as well, but Fordy is my top choice.

*edit grammar rocks*

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I applied FT and would really rather have FT, I am 163/3.43. The wait list form had the option of telling them you would take either division. I marked that I would take either, but in my LOCI I wrote I would rather have FT. If it comes down to getting in PT I will probably still take it but be bummed. I got into UNC as well, but Fordy is my top choice.

*edit grammar rocks*

congratulations on unc!

yeah I think if its your top choice you should take pt--you can always transfer to ft after the first year. I personally plan on staying pt, but its nice to have the option to transfer into the ft division if need be.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks!
The WL letter says it is quite easy to transfer to FT, and I would really like to be a FT student more, but the opportunities at Fordham are really enticing.

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Has anyone who was accepted received a scholly, and they didn't email you about it first (I know Kim received her via email when she was accepted).

I am wondering if there is a chance I might have one coming in the mail with my acceptance letter.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Not much going on today, huh?

Just got out of a really long meeting and was hoping my favorite thread would at least have a couple of pages of food/tv discussions to keep my mind off the waiting...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”