Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 pm

chutzpah wrote:Still 12/9 complete waiting over here. Tomorrow is a special day for me and Fordham -- our 3 month anniversary.

http://www.opentable.com/start.aspx?m=8

Don't be cheap, and plan on giving Fordham that half hour buffer, you know s/he won't really be ready by 8.

queenofhearts
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby queenofhearts » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 pm

hannah87 wrote:
queenofhearts wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
queenofhearts wrote:anyone else complete 1/29 (or earlier) and haven't heard a thing since?


read through the thread and find many january, december, and even some november completes with no news.


sheesh. taking their time i guess. thanks tho.


i just got accepted on friday (complete 12/29). good luck!!!



Congrats!! did you get notification about being UR or anything before you got the acceptance? and was it by email?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm

chutzpah wrote:Still 12/9 complete waiting over here. Tomorrow is a special day for me and Fordham -- our 3 month anniversary.

so romantic! are you getting her flowers and chocolates?

i always said i'd be like the worst date because i'm allergic to flowers. a guy would bring them and i'd be like "um, can we leave those outside? thanks."

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm

even2flow wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Still 12/9 complete waiting over here. Tomorrow is a special day for me and Fordham -- our 3 month anniversary.

http://www.opentable.com/start.aspx?m=8

Don't be cheap, and plan on giving Fordham that half hour buffer, you know s/he won't really be ready by 8.


its sort of like we've been "online dating" for three months and this is our first face to face encounter. maybe someplace casual? daisy mays or hill country? everyone loves BBQ.

and the beast
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby and the beast » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

for those lucky enough to be accepted, could you tell me when the deposit deadline is? just want to know so I can know when they might start opening the WL....thanks!

erniesto
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby erniesto » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Play it safe and take them to Applebees. :lol:

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 pm

and the beast wrote:for those lucky enough to be accepted, could you tell me when the deposit deadline is? just want to know so I can know when they might start opening the WL....thanks!


April 15--hang in there! (at least mine is April 15, maybe later admits will have later deadlines)

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:49 pm

queenofhearts wrote:
Congrats!! did you get notification about being UR or anything before you got the acceptance? and was it by email?


thanks! no UR information besides the status checker. no notifications until i got the email on Friday- and I believe the checker changed at around the same time to "Congratulations you've been accepted."

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 pm

So Hannah are you pretty much set on Fordham? Were you WLed at both NYU and Columbia? I take it you would take one of those over Fordham if the opportunity presented itself?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:So Hannah are you pretty much set on Fordham? Were you WLed at both NYU and Columbia? I take it you would take one of those over Fordham if the opportunity presented itself?

BTW Hannah, saw that you got into UVA. Congrats! I know you're set on NYC, but that's really awesome. I haven't heard from them at all. You haven't heard from NYU yet?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:06 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:So Hannah are you pretty much set on Fordham? Were you WLed at both NYU and Columbia? I take it you would take one of those over Fordham if the opportunity presented itself?


I haven't heard anything from NYU yet. I think they usually send out the WLs in april, so i expect to get one then. I'm staying on the CLS WL even though there's little to no chance there. I would go for sure if I got into either NYU or CLS.

And as far as Fordham goes...I need to hear about scholarship money before making a decision, because guaranteed full tuition at Cardozo is hard to pass up! I do prefer Fordham, though, because I want biglaw (and the people seem awesome :wink: ). Also, I haven't withdrawn from UVa yet, even though I almost certainly cannot attend because it's just so awesome :oops: .

When did you switch your app to PT, H.E.? I hope you hear something soon!!

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:So Hannah are you pretty much set on Fordham? Were you WLed at both NYU and Columbia? I take it you would take one of those over Fordham if the opportunity presented itself?

BTW Hannah, saw that you got into UVA. Congrats! I know you're set on NYC, but that's really awesome. I haven't heard from them at all. You haven't heard from NYU yet?


THANKS! I actually just posted about my UVA misery in response to H.E.'s question. My husband can't relocate because of his job. I'm not withdrawing quite yet, though- holding out hope that a miracle will occur and I'll be able to somehow attend! And still waiting for NYU, yes. Waiting for a waitlist, I'm sure.

As far as you and UVA- I took it as a good sign when I hadn't heard from them for a while...they've been WLing like crazy!!! I hope you get in!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 pm

hannah87 wrote:
When did you switch your app to PT, H.E.? I hope you hear something soon!!


I went complete for FT on 11/16, denied FT 12/10, complete for PT 12/17

FT was definitely a stretch. I don't know what the process is for reviewing people who apply twice, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at the very end of the list. I just want to know one way or the other so I can make the appropriate arrangements and move on.

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 pm

queenofhearts wrote:anyone else complete 1/29 (or earlier) and haven't heard a thing since?


Sent: 01/10
Complete: 01/12

I think that's 8 weeks complete tomorrow, and that's for an application sent probably AFTER they began reviewing/sending out acceptances. I've looked at this Waiting Room thread, and it has quickly dawned on me that this is standard practices for Fordham. If this is a waiting room, this doctor is seriously in need of a better secretary!

Any movement for January completes with non-170 and above LSAT scores?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:17 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
When did you switch your app to PT, H.E.? I hope you hear something soon!!


I went complete for FT on 11/16, denied FT 12/10, complete for PT 12/17

FT was definitely a stretch. I don't know what the process is for reviewing people who apply twice, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at the very end of the list. I just want to know one way or the other so I can make the appropriate arrangements and move on.


Would you go to Brooklyn? That's a pretty nice scholarship. I don't know your #s but I'd be surprised if Fordham doesn't admit you PT considering the Brooklyn scholly.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
queenofhearts wrote:anyone else complete 1/29 (or earlier) and haven't heard a thing since?


Sent: 01/10
Complete: 01/12

I think that's 8 weeks complete tomorrow, and that's for an application sent probably AFTER they began reviewing/sending out acceptances. I've looked at this Waiting Room thread, and it has quickly dawned on me that this is standard practices for Fordham. If this is a waiting room, this doctor is seriously in need of a better secretary!

Any movement for January completes with non-170 and above LSAT scores?


I thought I'd hear something quickly, but I've got nothing. My app is complete 1/12 for PT with above 170. I think they're just REALLY backed up.

User avatar
tommytahoe
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tommytahoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:21 pm

jl2032 wrote:
tommytahoe wrote:
queenofhearts wrote:anyone else complete 1/29 (or earlier) and haven't heard a thing since?


Sent: 01/10
Complete: 01/12

I think that's 8 weeks complete tomorrow, and that's for an application sent probably AFTER they began reviewing/sending out acceptances. I've looked at this Waiting Room thread, and it has quickly dawned on me that this is standard practices for Fordham. If this is a waiting room, this doctor is seriously in need of a better secretary!

Any movement for January completes with non-170 and above LSAT scores?


I thought I'd hear something quickly, but I've got nothing. My app is complete 1/12 for PT with above 170. I think they're just REALLY backed up.


Blame it on the snow a few weeks ago...

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:25 pm

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
When did you switch your app to PT, H.E.? I hope you hear something soon!!


I went complete for FT on 11/16, denied FT 12/10, complete for PT 12/17

FT was definitely a stretch. I don't know what the process is for reviewing people who apply twice, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm at the very end of the list. I just want to know one way or the other so I can make the appropriate arrangements and move on.


Would you go to Brooklyn? That's a pretty nice scholarship. I don't know your #s but I'd be surprised if Fordham doesn't admit you PT considering the Brooklyn scholly.


Nothing against Brooklyn (my sister went there), but I just don't feel the same way about it as I do about Fordham. I've always liked Fordham, and if I could go back in time, probably would have chosen them instead of the UG I did end up going to. So if I'm gonna commit myself to another 3 years of school and a boatload of debt, I want it to be at a place I'm going to feel good about going to. If Fordham doesn't work out this year, I'll try again next year or move onto something else in the meantime. I'm feeling out other options in case that happens, so I'll be happy either way.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:34 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:So Hannah are you pretty much set on Fordham? Were you WLed at both NYU and Columbia? I take it you would take one of those over Fordham if the opportunity presented itself?

BTW Hannah, saw that you got into UVA. Congrats! I know you're set on NYC, but that's really awesome. I haven't heard from them at all. You haven't heard from NYU yet?


THANKS! I actually just posted about my UVA misery in response to H.E.'s question. My husband can't relocate because of his job. I'm not withdrawing quite yet, though- holding out hope that a miracle will occur and I'll be able to somehow attend! And still waiting for NYU, yes. Waiting for a waitlist, I'm sure.

As far as you and UVA- I took it as a good sign when I hadn't heard from them for a while...they've been WLing like crazy!!! I hope you get in!

I think you have a good shot at NYU, if they didn't like you, they'd have WL or rejected you by now, I think. My NYU reject felt like a punch in the stomach, but I'm over it. I'm excited about Fordham or Georgetown. UVA HAS been WLing like crazy, their chart is full of yellow dots, it's amazing. I really only applied because of the fee waiver, I wasn't thinking I'd get in, but we'll see. I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though. If they accept me before I go to Gtown for the ASW at the end of the month, I will probably swing by. I'm going to stick on Columbia's WL, does anyone know how deep they actually dig into the WL, or is it like an soft reject?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Kim617 wrote:I think you have a good shot at NYU, if they didn't like you, they'd have WL or rejected you by now, I think. My NYU reject felt like a punch in the stomach, but I'm over it. I'm excited about Fordham or Georgetown. UVA HAS been WLing like crazy, their chart is full of yellow dots, it's amazing. I really only applied because of the fee waiver, I wasn't thinking I'd get in, but we'll see. I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though. If they accept me before I go to Gtown for the ASW at the end of the month, I will probably swing by. I'm going to stick on Columbia's WL, does anyone know how deep they actually dig into the WL, or is it like an soft reject?


I still don't understand your NYU rejection. Weird. They haven't sent out the mass WLs yet, so I am pretty sure I'm getting one. I also only applied to UVA because of the fee waiver! But as I looked into it, I became much more interested. Pity it would be such a complicated move. At least you have Gtown(!)- I kinda wish I'd applied because I like DC/have a bunch of friends there.

OH and as far as the CLS waitlist goes- I checked out last year's WL thread, and it seems like it's very sloowwww going, and they do it in rounds (first reserve, second, third). sounds kind of painful. but worth it if you're one of the lucky ones, of course.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I think you have a good shot at NYU, if they didn't like you, they'd have WL or rejected you by now, I think. My NYU reject felt like a punch in the stomach, but I'm over it. I'm excited about Fordham or Georgetown. UVA HAS been WLing like crazy, their chart is full of yellow dots, it's amazing. I really only applied because of the fee waiver, I wasn't thinking I'd get in, but we'll see. I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though. If they accept me before I go to Gtown for the ASW at the end of the month, I will probably swing by. I'm going to stick on Columbia's WL, does anyone know how deep they actually dig into the WL, or is it like an soft reject?


I still don't understand your NYU rejection. Weird. They haven't sent out the mass WLs yet, so I am pretty sure I'm getting one. I also only applied to UVA because of the fee waiver! But as I looked into it, I became much more interested. Pity it would be such a complicated move. At least you have Gtown(!)- I kinda wish I'd applied because I like DC/have a bunch of friends there.

OH and as far as the CLS waitlist goes- I checked out last year's WL thread, and it seems like it's very sloowwww going, and they do it in rounds (first reserve, second, third). sounds kind of painful. but worth it if you're one of the lucky ones, of course.

Ah, I'm not holding my breath for CLS, honestly. I feel like I'll make my decision by the end of the month. Luckily this summer I won't really have time to worry about WLs or anything because I'll be teaching English to little kids in Italy! So excited, can't wait to go back. A nice summer before 3 years of hell :D

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

kim, that is SO awesome. i love italy. i was there for my honeymoon in august :D

tigrelis
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby tigrelis » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 pm

.
Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jl2032
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby jl2032 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I think you have a good shot at NYU, if they didn't like you, they'd have WL or rejected you by now, I think. My NYU reject felt like a punch in the stomach, but I'm over it. I'm excited about Fordham or Georgetown. UVA HAS been WLing like crazy, their chart is full of yellow dots, it's amazing. I really only applied because of the fee waiver, I wasn't thinking I'd get in, but we'll see. I would love to visit, but I would only do so if I got in, otherwise it's a trip for nothing. I heard it's really nice there, though. If they accept me before I go to Gtown for the ASW at the end of the month, I will probably swing by. I'm going to stick on Columbia's WL, does anyone know how deep they actually dig into the WL, or is it like an soft reject?


I still don't understand your NYU rejection. Weird. They haven't sent out the mass WLs yet, so I am pretty sure I'm getting one. I also only applied to UVA because of the fee waiver! But as I looked into it, I became much more interested. Pity it would be such a complicated move. At least you have Gtown(!)- I kinda wish I'd applied because I like DC/have a bunch of friends there.

OH and as far as the CLS waitlist goes- I checked out last year's WL thread, and it seems like it's very sloowwww going, and they do it in rounds (first reserve, second, third). sounds kind of painful. but worth it if you're one of the lucky ones, of course.


I just got the CLS "hold" letter, which means they want some extra info before they flat out reject me next month. :( At least it'll be less painful than waiting throughout the summer.

Did you guys write your LOCI's already? How long ago were you waitlisted?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:05 pm

hannah87 wrote:kim, that is SO awesome. i love italy. i was there for my honeymoon in august :D

i studied there last spring and i've been pining to go back. i don't necessarily love their way of life (too slow, too bureaucratic, etc.) but it's nice to be there for periods of time, like the summer! i figure i could either be there, or freaking out in prep for law school lol

where'd you go on your honeymoon?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”