Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fitzgerald86

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

Cupidity wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:We need a Paul Revere-like figure to alert us when the part time decisions are coming . . . :D

I can do a paul-reveere riding a horse shadow puppet.

It's my only talent in life.

I hope you worked that into your personal statement. If not, I would submit an addendum ASAP.

Dear Stephen Brown Associate Dean of Enrollment.

I would like you to know, though the two page background story about my life and accomplishments that I sent you, detailing how I overcame discrimination as a homosexual at an intollerant undergraduate institution to become the SG president and sit on the school's board of trustees at only 19 years old, after recieving some advice from fitzgerald86, I would appreciate it if you would disregard this thoughtful and well-written personal statement and instead, weigh this when making your decision:

I can make a shadow puppet--of Paul Reveere, riding a horse. In motion and everything, legs work, the thing runs. I feel that this fact, and not my previous personal statement, will reflect better on my capabilities, and increase my chance of you sending me a scholarship offer that brings me to Fordham University.

Sincerely,
Cupidity

I'm going to learn how to do a shadow puppet Sam Adams. Then, I think we can convince Dean Brown to admit us all, perhaps with full tuition scholarships, in exchange for performing Revolutionary War reenactments for Con Law classes.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:43 am

:shock:

forget law-school, to broadway!!!!
(which is a few blocks away---omfg NYC!!!!)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:07 am

Just saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D-- loved it!

and i'm not so much of a loser that i came home and just came here, but i left it up on my computer and thought that i seriously have nothing better to do at 1 am. welcome to the (former) lurkers!

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am

Kim617 wrote:Just saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D-- loved it!

and i'm not so much of a loser that i came home and just came here, but i left it up on my computer and thought that i seriously have nothing better to do at 1 am. welcome to the (former) lurkers!

lol. oh thanks. Children of Men is playing on USA! I saw it once freshman or sophomore year and it made an impression, but I'd since forgotten about it.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 am

sibley wrote:

lol. oh thanks. Children of Men is playing on USA! I saw it once freshman or sophomore year and it made an impression, but I'd since forgotten about it.

decent movie but kind of... depressing? i hate that "future is bleak" type of thing, it makes me sad :(

okay, i'm actually going to bed now after eating a box of raisinets and lots of popcorn at the movies. ugh disgusting

night people!

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:59 am

hoping for davis or fordham...I'm a CA guy so I wonder how NYC is like...does it snow a lot?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:32 am

sibley wrote:

I love that movie.
Also love that John Lennon song they used.
Haunting, the whole thing.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:32 am

Cupidity wrote:Dear Stephen Brown Associate Dean of Enrollment.

I would like you to know, though the two page background story about my life and accomplishments that I sent you, detailing how I overcame discrimination as a homosexual at an intollerant undergraduate institution to become the SG president and sit on the school's board of trustees at only 19 years old, after recieving some advice from fitzgerald86, I would appreciate it if you would disregard this thoughtful and well-written personal statement and instead, weigh this when making your decision:

I can make a shadow puppet--of Paul Reveere, riding a horse. In motion and everything, legs work, the thing runs. I feel that this fact, and not my previous personal statement, will reflect better on my capabilities, and increase my chance of you sending me a scholarship offer that brings me to Fordham University.

Sincerely,
Cupidity

Dude, they SO made the right decision, admitting you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edit: you might want to also check out the Fordham 2013/2014 thread in the TLS Class of 2013 forum - lots of other nice folks, over there!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Loved it too!!! But you honestly can't go wrong with Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman ;-)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:hoping for davis or fordham...I'm a CA guy so I wonder how NYC is like...does it snow a lot?

this february had the most snow in NYC history, it was something like 37 inches total. i feel like we get a couple of snow storms every year. but really, that's not bad. bad is when it is so cold that your bones hurt, it usually doesn't snow when it's that cold. winter is really cold, summer is really hot. but you do get all four seasons, and autumn is amazing. i <3 nyc.

Springsteen

Postby Springsteen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:41 pm

For anyone who got in and knows they are definitely going in the fall, I set up a Facebook group, so feel free to join!

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Just sent my confirmation of wait list and LOCI. I was fairly happy with my LOCI. I hope to see you all in Fall!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Cupidity wrote:I can do a paul-reveere riding a horse shadow puppet.

You should absolutely post a picture of that on here.

Also - just finished a 70 mile ride with zero prior training this year. I'm beat so I'm drinking chocolate milk and watching the South Park episode with the underpants gnomes.

Jealous.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Fordham, I love u. Thanks. Bye.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:53 am

Just would like to say that I just got home from the Jay Z concert and he was absolutely AMAZING. He's in AC next week, I gotta look up tix, because I am so going again!

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 am

Kim617 wrote:Just would like to say that I just got home from the Jay Z concert and he was absolutely AMAZING. He's in AC next week, I gotta look up tix, because I am so going again!

Jealous! I can't even listen to "Empire State of Mind" anymore because it makes me fantasize about Fordham/living in NYC too much.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 am

fitzgerald86 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Just would like to say that I just got home from the Jay Z concert and he was absolutely AMAZING. He's in AC next week, I gotta look up tix, because I am so going again!

Jealous! I can't even listen to "Empire State of Mind" anymore because it makes me fantasize about Fordham/living in NYC too much.

Ha, it makes me sad to leave NYC. He's amazing in concert, he even did all his old stuff, which was awesome. My throat is throbbing from screaming!

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Kim617 wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:

Ha, it makes me sad to leave NYC. He's amazing in concert, he even did all his old stuff, which was awesome. My throat is throbbing from screaming!

does that mean you're def going to gtown?

edit- btw last night I dreamt I got into fordham. saw the status checker and all. oh, and, for the first time ever, I dreamt about tls. I came on this thread and copy pasted my status checker info :) this thread has officially invaded my psyche.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 pm

goosey wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:

does that mean you're def going to gtown?

edit- btw last night I dreamt I got into fordham. saw the status checker and all. oh, and, for the first time ever, I dreamt about tls. I came on this thread and copy pasted my status checker info :) this thread has officially invaded my psyche.

I'm like 90% sure. For some reason, when I visited Fordham, it just didn't feel like a fit, and that worried me. I am going to Gtown at the end of this month, so really the only thing that would change my mind is if I hate the school, which I doubt will happen because from what I hear, the facilities are amazing.

Sad though, because clearly the future Fordham students are awesome. :(

edit to say that i'm 100% sure you're getting in and your dream will be true!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:46 pm

to above poster

Can you share with us what felt wrong about Fordham?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:to above poster

Oh, I have nothing but good things to say about the school and the people who helped me. Admissions went above and beyond in their dealing with me, and the tour guide was very nice. I even think Lincoln Center is a great area to go to school. Just something didn't feel right to me, and I think it's different for each person. As ridiculous as this sounds, Fordham law looks like my current UG in the sense that the outside looks like a cement prison, and it almost had me running the other way just because I am sick of the sight of it. That said, the inside of the school was actually really nice, and nothing like the outside. I think it's just a feeling, you either think it's the right school for you or you don't. I don't know how to explain it!

erniesto

Postby erniesto » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Oh, I have nothing but good things to say about the school and the people who helped me. Admissions went above and beyond in their dealing with me, and the tour guide was very nice. I even think Lincoln Center is a great area to go to school. Just something didn't feel right to me, and I think it's different for each person. As ridiculous as this sounds, Fordham law looks like my current UG in the sense that the outside looks like a cement prison, and it almost had me running the other way just because I am sick of the sight of it. That said, the inside of the school was actually really nice, and nothing like the outside. I think it's just a feeling, you either think it's the right school for you or you don't. I don't know how to explain it!

Interesting perspective. When I went to visit schools in NYC, Fordham was one of the few schools that actually felt like a school. That's actually what appealed to me. NYLS and Cardozo specifically felt like hollow office buildings, and St. John's was pretty much a dumpy version of Fordham. Though I will say that Fordham's moot court room was pretty lacking compared to the others.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Kim617 wrote:

did you take a tour after dean brown emailed you??

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:56 pm

goosey wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

did you take a tour after dean brown emailed you??

No, about a week and a half before.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Oh ok. Well congratulations on georgetown :)
Are u planning on working in nyc? Does georgetown place better than fordham in nyc, because the 20k a year might be worth it in the end.

I would love to have 60k off my tuition. I hear georgetown is nice, but I def think you should visit and talk to nyers that moved to dc to get a better idea of what you're going to do. Tough decision, but congrats!

If they plan on admitting me, I really hope they do it soon so I can get some need-based aid :(

Kim, if u go w gtown, can I have ur 60k??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”