Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MorningHood

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby MorningHood » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:35 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
nymets123 wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:Did you send your LORs in when you applied? I know that because they don't require LORs some people applied before their LORs were ready, but I'm waiting (didn't want them to think I didn't have any LORs or something.) My LORs won't be ready till around Thanksgiving so I'm waiting until then to apply. Hopefully that's still relatively early.

Yep, I had my LORs all ready to go when I applied...one of the only perks to taking an extra year off after undergrad to get these apps in top shape and ready

I believe that the resident Fordham expert, OperaSoprano, suggested in an earlier thread that its prob best to get your application in now and send your LORs later (OS correct me if im wrong). You could prob send them a note saying to hold off on evaluating you until your LORs arrive. Time appears to be key with this school.

Dean Brown essentially said that LORs don't matter that much, which was pretty surprising to me, and he stressed the importance of being early. As for early acceptances, I would expect about a two week delay from the time things went out last cycle. EA people are guaranteed to hear by December 15th, and I would guess the first good news will be arriving in November. I'm glad this is far behind me, and I now get to work on my long memo, and preparing for finals.

I wish you guys the best of luck. We had several threads of this nature last year . There was a lot of drama in the FRUSTRATED BY FORDHAM thread, complete with crying, freaking out, texting, emotional phone calls, and a good amount of drinking by at least a few of the parties involved: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60221&start=275

It was the people I shared it with that made the journey worthwhile. I hope you guys get in quickly and never have to go through any of this.

I still submitted some nice LORs just in case.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:43 pm

I got an aid letter already! Well done Fordham for being so fast. Anyone else get scholarship info yet?

jay115

Postby jay115 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:I got an aid letter already! Well done Fordham for being so fast. Anyone else get scholarship info yet?

WHATTT? no =( did you get your aid letter via snail mail or email?

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:09 pm

jay115 wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:I got an aid letter already! Well done Fordham for being so fast. Anyone else get scholarship info yet?

Snail mail. My snail mail acceptance came along with it. Apparently (they come to my parents' house) it was a little thin envelope with just the scholarship amount, not the full loans+scholarship=cost of attendance calculation they do.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
jay115 wrote:

Snail mail. My snail mail acceptance came along with it. Apparently (they come to my parents' house) it was a little thin envelope with just the scholarship amount, not the full loans+scholarship=cost of attendance calculation they do.

I got mine snail mail on Wednesday evening. They are quick!

clem21

Postby clem21 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:53 am

Signed up for monday's tour. At least I can get in and look now before they reject me...

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 am

ok, everyone, when will we see the next wave of Fordham acceptances? Monday? Tuesday? Never?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:05 am

SanBun wrote:ok, everyone, when will we see the next wave of Fordham acceptances? Monday? Tuesday? Never?

+1.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 pm

jay115 wrote:

That makes me nervous. I REALLY hope there's an aid letter waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. Fordham, please allow me to afford you.

Did you have stellar numbers? Or is it realistic for all quick admits to expect aid?

jay115

Postby jay115 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
jay115 wrote:

I got mine snail mail on Wednesday evening. They are quick!

Ahh
Last edited by jay115 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:48 pm

tesoro wrote:
jay115 wrote:

That makes me nervous. I REALLY hope there's an aid letter waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. Fordham, please allow me to afford you.

Did you have stellar numbers? Or is it realistic for all quick admits to expect aid?

I can't speak for LaurenGayle, but my numbers are quite high for Fordham.

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

I was accepted during the very first round and have yet to receive a packet via snailmail or scholarship info. Let's go Fordham. Get it together!

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:00 pm

JayTal wrote:I was accepted during the very first round and have yet to receive a packet via snailmail or scholarship info. Let's go Fordham. Get it together!

That's strange. I was accepted in the first round and got a packet with my written offer just a few days later. My assumption was that scholarship info comes later (if it exists). Unless you're overseas, at this point I think you should make sure Fordham has your correct address on file.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
tesoro wrote:
jay115 wrote:

I can't speak for LaurenGayle, but my numbers are quite high for Fordham.

My numbers aren't super high, so I would suspect that most quick admits would get something. I live in Queens, so that might explain the quick mailing.

beebs

Postby beebs » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 am

It was very nice to take the weekend off from status checkers and the drama of decisions, but I'm ready for tomorrow! Just think, it's almost December - and for all the EA kids, it means decisions for us very soon! Exciting!

bowie8285

Postby bowie8285 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 am

sirchristaylor wrote:
SanBun wrote:ok, everyone, when will we see the next wave of Fordham acceptances? Monday? Tuesday? Never?

+1.

+1 !!!

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 am

beebs wrote:it's almost December - and for all the EA kids, it means decisions for us very soon! Exciting!

+1. I am excited. Trying to pass the time by looking for random and new hobbies, beginning kempo or tae-kwon-do are definitely options - much more productive than obsessively refreshing my status checkers all day!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 am

monkey85 wrote:
beebs wrote:it's almost December - and for all the EA kids, it means decisions for us very soon! Exciting!

+1. I am excited. Trying to pass the time by looking for random and new hobbies, beginning kempo or tae-kwon-do are definitely options - much more productive than obsessively refreshing my status checkers all day!

Nah...I'm in the "exhaustively refreshing the status checker at the expense of all other aspects of my life" group.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:56 pm

jk11287 wrote:
monkey85 wrote:

Nah...I'm in the "exhaustively refreshing the status checker at the expense of all other aspects of my life" group.

Hehe, I bought a blu-ray player on Black Friday and a Wii so that I would be far too busy when not at work to check my status. At work however, it's hyperlinked and far too easy to check when I have 2 free seconds...damn.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah, I have 40 page paper to write but thats not slowing me down at all from checking obsessively.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:05 pm

You see, that is the problem with being in any proximity to the computer or internet...the temptation is just too damn strong

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:00 pm

considering that it's already 2PM EST and nobody here has posted an acceptance today, may I be so pessimistic as to venture a guess that today is not a d-day?

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

SanBun wrote:considering that it's already 2PM EST and nobody here has posted an acceptance today, may I be so pessimistic as to venture a guess that today is not a d-day?

Someone join me in my pessimism? Anyone? Only optimists around here?

miami..

Postby miami.. » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm

I have hope...just a fools hope.....but hope nontheless!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm

SanBun wrote:
SanBun wrote:considering that it's already 2PM EST and nobody here has posted an acceptance today, may I be so pessimistic as to venture a guess that today is not a d-day?

Someone join me in my pessimism? Anyone? Only optimists around here?

I'll join you. Today does not seem to be a d-day. Maybe tomorrow?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”