Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Veritas wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Veritas wrote:any news for you great people lately?

Hai Ver! *waves*

<3

lol at this game still going for you

<3 Ver, I will be in it until they kick my cold, dead body to the corner of 62nd and Amsterdam.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:01 pm

sibley wrote:do you guys know if the admissions office is open on the weekends? the website says to go anytime between 9 and 4, doesn't say during the week, and they're taking a while to email me back today... but I'm going to be there this weekend wether or not they respond.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Gah, I've been doing so well not eating out the past two months, but I've really been thinking about lamb curry recently. And someone else in my office was talking about it today. And now this post. Damnit, I'm definitely ordering Indian tonight!

I change lives.

Pennypacker - dude you have not lived if you live in NY and haven't tried any sort of ethnic food.

I had Ethiopian once, that was effing delicious. I really gotta make my way back there one day.

There are enough great italian places (including delis and pizza places) in NY to last a lifetime.

I gotta agree with you here. Diners and Italian food are the way to go. I eat sushi, but I wouldn't choose it over a big plate of pasta. If you see a greek place though, get the avgolemono soup. it's a lemon-chicken soup with orzo. i make it at home sometimes, it's AMAZING!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

sibley wrote:
sibley wrote:do you guys know if the admissions office is open on the weekends? the website says to go anytime between 9 and 4, doesn't say during the week, and they're taking a while to email me back today... but I'm going to be there this weekend wether or not they respond.

not sure :(

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:04 pm

the only sushi i like is shrimp tempura--im scared of raw fish :shock:

the other day I had a shrimp tempura philadelphia roll--omg so awesome!!! it has a small block of philadelphia cream cheese in it and they serve it with this awesome teriyaki sauce. it is SO GOOD

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 pm

btw I as just informed by another school that they received my score from lsac--that means fordham probably got it too.
i dont know why but that scares me. decision is coming sooooon..maybe.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 pm

goosey wrote:the only sushi i like is shrimp tempura--im scared of raw fish :shock:

the other day I had a shrimp tempura philadelphia roll--omg so awesome!!! it has a small block of philadelphia cream cheese in it and they serve it with this awesome teriyaki sauce. it is SO GOOD

Oooo - I'm hard core. I'm at the point where I actually prefer sashimi (just gimme that slab 'o raw fish, thanks - or even octopus!)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
goosey wrote:the only sushi i like is shrimp tempura--im scared of raw fish :shock:

Oooo - I'm hard core. I'm at the point where I actually prefer sashimi (just gimme that slab 'o raw fish, thanks - or even octopus!)

If this conversation gets any more graphic i'm going to have to leave.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

Amen. I'm with you, nygrrrl.

adgirl13

Postby adgirl13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:17 pm

I just got accepted! Got the email about 2 minutes ago!

Before that I had been complete at 12/9!

Really really excited!

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 pm

adgirl13 wrote:I just got accepted! Got the email about 2 minutes ago!

Really really excited!

HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFcow

goosey

Postby goosey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Really really excited!

Congratulations!!!!

ft or pt? numbers?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 pm

LOL - so this thread blew up in the time that I went to the laundromat (home sick today from work). I thought people had gotten some decisions but no, just a lot of food talk haha.

AND then as I was about to post, an acceptance! Congrats adgirl!

adgirl13

Postby adgirl13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm

goosey wrote:

Really really excited!

Congratulations!!!!

ft or pt? numbers?

FT, complete at 12/9.

166, 3.54 from Univ of Chicago.

PSYCHED!

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm

In via email. Perhaps they read my anguished plea that I would withdraw if not admitted by Monday. (I know they didn't really)

No money though. Need money to go to Fordham. Kim is luckier than I.

Edit for those who wonder these things: Complete 1/4. Pretend stats in profile and LSN; PM for the real deal.
Last edited by Interminable_Waiting on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Came back in to find 4 pages of food talk...

and an acceptance... CONGRATS!

(btw, sushi has changed my life... found the best place by my job a few years back and nothing has topped it since... eat there at least twice a week)

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:In via email. Perhaps they read my anguished plea that I would withdraw if not admitted by Monday. (I know they didn't really)

zomgggg!!! are you 12/9 too? I'm 1/12 and mine still says complete. and I don't know if they tell about money immediately.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 pm

sibley wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:In via email. Perhaps they read my anguished plea that I would withdraw if not admitted by Monday. (I know they didn't really)

zomgggg!!! are you 12/9 too? I'm 1/12 and mine still says complete. and I don't know if they tell about money immediately.

mine was immediate but i think that's more because there was something that needed to be straightened out? or that was the thing that needed to be straightened out?

Wingdw

Postby Wingdw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 pm

adgirl13 wrote:
goosey wrote:

Really really excited!

Congratulations!!!!

ft or pt? numbers?

FT, complete at 12/9.

166, 3.54 from Univ of Chicago.

PSYCHED!

Grats Adgirl, my numbers twin! I've been following your progress on LSN, I'm that "mcnulty" guy... weird about Boston University no?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Oh man. Congrats to the acceptances! Just when I thought I was going to have a relaxing last hour at work....

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:38 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Oh man. Congrats to the acceptances! Just when I thought I was going to have a relaxing last hour at work....

still willl... it was a freak 2 I think.

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 pm

FWIW. I called about two hours before I was accepted. I asked when I would have a decision. The lady said within 8 weeks of going complete. I explained to her that I went complete over 8 weeks ago (I was really nervous I sounded like a dick saying that to her, but it just came out). She said I would have a decision very soon. I did.

This is the second school I have called and been accepted to within one business day. I think it is a coincidence.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:FWIW. I called about two hours before I was accepted. I asked when I would have a decision. The lady said within 8 weeks of going complete. I explained to her that I went complete over 8 weeks ago (I was really nervous I sounded like a dick saying that to her, but it just came out). She said I would have a decision very soon. I did.

This is the second school I have called and been accepted to within one business day. I think it is a coincidence.

oh! it's been 8 weeks for me. maybe I should call too.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:43 pm

sibley wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:FWIW. I called about two hours before I was accepted. I asked when I would have a decision. The lady said within 8 weeks of going complete. I explained to her that I went complete over 8 weeks ago (I was really nervous I sounded like a dick saying that to her, but it just came out). She said I would have a decision very soon. I did.

By that logic I should have mine relatively soon, and nygrrrl shoudl have graduated already.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:44 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:

By that logic I should have mine relatively soon, and nygrrrl shoudl have graduated already.

yeah, when i told the admissions lady that i was at 12 weeks, she almost fell over in her chair. it definitely helps to let them know, i think!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”