Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Parmesan cheese, pasta and gravy made up 75% of my meals growing up. How anyone could hate any one of these things is beyond me.

my mom gets mad because i'm EXTREMELY picky. and my food cannot touch. like if there's a steak and it's all bloody like i like it, the broccoli has to be in a separate plate so no juice gets on it.

another thing, i'm an absolute potato fiend. like boiled, roasted, baked-- anything except mashed. i hate mashed potatoes, corn, and macaroni and cheese. tell me i wasn't the worst and most annoying child ever?

I'll agree about mac and cheese, I can't eat that stuff, never could. Only recently have I started enjoying corn, but mashed potatoes? really? how could ANYONE hate mashed potatoes?

Hold on, I'm gonna call my ma, she'll FedEx you some.

ha, my mom's tried everything. putting beef gravy on em (which is amazing btw over egg noodles), making garlic mashed, etc. it's just not going to happen. i hate the consistency.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:my favorite sandwich from this great italian deli in white plains has sliced eggplant (another thing I could eat everyday for teh rest of my life), prosciutto, and fresh mozz on fresh baked italian bread. doesn't get much better, if you ask me.

ha, hate eggplant too. i feel bad for my future family. i cook only what i like, sorry!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:Parmesan cheese, pasta and gravy made up 75% of my meals growing up. How anyone could hate any one of these things is beyond me.

YES!! Everyone thinks I'm so weird when I call it gravy!

i get that all the time! i'm like what do you call it, sauce? psh.

Yeah! Everyone thinks its so strange. Most will be like "Ew you mean like turkey gravy on your pasta, that's just weird."

EVERY girlfriend I've ever made food for I've had to clarify before hand that I'm going to refer to it as gravy, and I don't plan on changing that. Also you better start calling it gravy or my ma will chase you out. You understand.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:my favorite sandwich from this great italian deli in white plains has sliced eggplant (another thing I could eat everyday for teh rest of my life), prosciutto, and fresh mozz on fresh baked italian bread. doesn't get much better, if you ask me.

What deli?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 pm

I've had something similar to that, it's delicious. Frankly, prosciutto, mozz, roasted red peppers, basil leaves. Mmmm

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:

YES!! Everyone thinks I'm so weird when I call it gravy!

i get that all the time! i'm like what do you call it, sauce? psh.

Yeah! Everyone thinks its so strange. Most will be like "Ew you mean like turkey gravy on your pasta, that's just weird."

EVERY girlfriend I've ever made food for I've had to clarify before hand that I'm going to refer to it as gravy, and I don't plan on changing that. Also you better start calling it gravy or my ma will chase you out. You understand.

i once had this friend, she put ketchup and butter on her pasta. i went to her house in middle school and they were like do you want to eat over? and i'm like sure. so that's what they made. i was horrified. especially because i HATE condiments, any of them. ketchup can only be used on scrambled eggs, nothing else.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 pm

rockthelaw wrote:

What deli?

Iron Tomato on Mamaroneck Ave.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Kim617 wrote: especially because i HATE condiments, any of them.

Finally, some common ground. I am super grossed out by condiments, on ANYTHING.

Overall I'm a very picky eater too, and most times for no reason in particular. So I can sympathize.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:i once had this friend, she put ketchup and butter on her pasta. i went to her house in middle school and they were like do you want to eat over? and i'm like sure. so that's what they made. i was horrified. especially because i HATE condiments, any of them. ketchup can only be used on scrambled eggs, nothing else.

That's the grossest thing I've heard today. Ketchup and butter? Grooooss.

Agree with the scrambled eggs, would like to add hamburgers and fries. Although, fries in honey mustard or ranch dressing....mmm

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:

What deli?

Iron Tomato on Mamaroneck Ave.

Nice. It makes me homesick to think of Mamaroneck Ave.!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:i once had this friend, she put ketchup and butter on her pasta. i went to her house in middle school and they were like do you want to eat over? and i'm like sure. so that's what they made. i was horrified. especially because i HATE condiments, any of them. ketchup can only be used on scrambled eggs, nothing else.

That's the grossest thing I've heard today. Ketchup and butter? Grooooss.

Agree with the scrambled eggs, would like to add hamburgers and fries. Although, fries in honey mustard or ranch dressing....mmm

ha fries are always drenched in salt, nothing else. and i only eat the crispy ones, otherwise the middle tastes like mashed potatoes. i have REAL problems haha

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

...is fordham full of fat kids?

(I withdrew from one school because, when I google streetviewed them, there was a fat girl coming out of one of the buildings. I have a theory that the better the school, the more fit the students... all levels.)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote: especially because i HATE condiments, any of them.

Finally, some common ground. I am super grossed out by condiments, on ANYTHING.

Overall I'm a very picky eater too, and most times for no reason in particular. So I can sympathize.

yeah, i never eat over peoples' houses because 99% of the time, i won't like what they're eating. it's made me a really good cook though, because i always have to cook for myself.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

sibley wrote:...is fordham full of fat kids?

(I withdrew from one school because, when I google streetviewed them, there was a fat girl coming out of one of the buildings. I have a theory that the better the school, the more fit the students... all levels.)

HAHAHAHHAAHHAA. i literally just laughed out loud. i'm fat on the inside, for sure. a fat girl in my heart, just not in my appearance.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Kim617 wrote:ha fries are always drenched in salt, nothing else. and i only eat the crispy ones, otherwise the middle tastes like mashed potatoes. i have REAL problems haha

I love super salty fries. But even better - sweet potato fries. I imagine you'd hate those tho cause they're even softer than regular fries. But hoooooly crap those are good.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:ha fries are always drenched in salt, nothing else. and i only eat the crispy ones, otherwise the middle tastes like mashed potatoes. i have REAL problems haha

I love super salty fries. But even better - sweet potato fries. I imagine you'd hate those tho cause they're even softer than regular fries. But hoooooly crap those are good.

yep, hate em.

all this talking of food is making me really hungry. going to subway because i'm in the mood for a nice turkey sub. (i like turkey as a cold cut, hate it on thanksgiving as a full bird. again, no explanation).

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Kim617 wrote:
i once had this friend, she put ketchup and butter on her pasta. i went to her house in middle i HATE condiments, any of them. ketchup can only be used on scrambled eggs, nothing else.

WHOA. major disagreement here. i eat ketchup with everything. eggs, pasta, pizza, bread, chicken, turkey, veggies....

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

I used to be a fat kid...this is scary, does this mean if I get into Fordham I'll put on the freshman 15 (or more?) lol

Oh and for all you potato (more specifically fries) fans that will end up in NYC, you guys should def. check out Pommes Frites by St. Marks.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Judgemental :wink:

Besides, who doesn't wanna hang out with Chris Farley or John Candy? I don't wanna be around a bunch of Zac Efron's (that's the first that coudl come to mind, who the hell else do women like now a days?).

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm

I am completely Not Picky.
Just about the only things I cannot stand are sauteed liver (calves, chicken, doesn't matter) and anchovies: in both cases, it's a consistency thing.

Both of my kids would do practically anything for chunks of parmesan cheese. We eat it, by the block.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm

even2flow wrote:

BIG FAN.

Also, Rock, Mamaroneck Ave is great. When I used to work in WP, I was out there all the time. Black Bear and Lazy Boy were my two regular haunts.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:

I used to be a fat kid...this is scary, does this mean if I get into Fordham I'll put on the freshman 15 (or more?) lol

Oh and for all you potato (more specifically fries) fans that will end up in NYC, you guys should def. check out Pommes Frites by St. Marks.

OMG so good. but i almost barfed after and i didn't even finish the whole thing!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Kim617 wrote:(i like turkey as a cold cut, hate it on thanksgiving as a full bird. again, no explanation).

I just died a little on the inside.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:

OMG so good. but i almost barfed after and i didn't even finish the whole thing!

lollll barfed... funny word coming from someone who is in a wedding dress.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 pm

hannah87 wrote:Oh and for all you potato (more specifically fries) fans that will end up in NYC, you guys should def. check out Pommes Frites by St. Marks

This is what I love about NYC....you can find a place that specializes in ANYTHING

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”