Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:14 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I always wanted to be Laurie....

Deal, looks like we've got a show to put on!

People were talking about how to make money during law school. I think a Partridge Family tribute might just be the way.

Just to make double the money I might do this and the other money making idea as a solo project on the side. You know, like a family friendly day show, and then the "night show".

Somewhere between the music I'd squeeze in the studying.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I always wanted to be Laurie....

Deal, looks like we've got a show to put on!

People were talking about how to make money during law school. I think a Partridge Family tribute might just be the way.

Just to make double the money I might do this and the other money making idea as a solo project on the side. You know, like a family friendly day show, and then the "night show".

Somewhere between the music I'd squeeze in the studying.

The Nightman Cometh?

P.S. Just saw the Christmas Special and it was super amazing.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:21 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
The Nightman Cometh?

Day Man! (Oh-oh-ohhhh) Fighter of the Nightman! (oh-oh-ohhhh)

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
The Nightman Cometh?

Just so we're clear, I would be all about reinacting that musical.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:29 pm

hi everybody!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
The Nightman Cometh?

Just so we're clear, I would be all about reinacting that musical.

Hahaha I love that show. I watched my favorite episode last night, Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello everyone! So still nothing as far as a decision, so typical! I figure that Monday will be it, if I don't hear by then, I'm probably just going to withdraw. This long of a wait is one thing, but to be promised an answer and still not have one a week later, that's just pissing me off. I know I'm being a baby, but since I'm already leaning towards Georgetown, it just doesn't seem necessary to keep worrying about Fordham's status checker (which I've been having my mom check for me since I gave it up for Lent, I know, I know-- it's cheating).

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:22 pm

I'll be in NY for the Cardozo thing on the 18th, but I'm thinking I'll also go this weekend. Give me more time to stop by Fordham, plus I have off Monday and Tuesday anyway - my bf and I were going to go to Pittsburgh to see his sister. Instead I'll just ride home with him for spring break, then come back Tuesday so I can get to work...

Suggestions?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 pm

sibley wrote:I'll be in NY for the Cardozo thing on the 18th, but I'm thinking I'll also go this weekend. Give me more time to stop by Fordham, plus I have off Monday and Tuesday anyway - my bf and I were going to go to Pittsburgh to see his sister. Instead I'll just ride home with him for spring break, then come back Tuesday so I can get to work...

Suggestions?

As for what to do in NY? Everything!

On a similar note, if I had one day in New York, I'd probably go to the Met. The Museum of Natural History is awesome (much better than in DC), but the Met is definitely my favorite. I hate MoMA bc I hate modern art, but I guess some people prefer it. Oh, and the Frick is great. There's a whole room of Fragonard paintings, and Rococo is my favorite time period, so I really like that museum. If I do end up at Gtown, I'm definitely going to miss the Met. But the Smithsonian museums are amazing, plus they have some of Marie Antoinette's jewelry, including the Hope Diamond, of which I am clearly a fan. :D

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:I'll be in NY for the Cardozo thing on the 18th, but I'm thinking I'll also go this weekend. Give me more time to stop by Fordham, plus I have off Monday and Tuesday anyway - my bf and I were going to go to Pittsburgh to see his sister. Instead I'll just ride home with him for spring break, then come back Tuesday so I can get to work...

Suggestions?

On a similar note, if I had one day in New York, I'd probably go to the Met. The Museum of Natural History is awesome (much better than in DC), but the Met is definitely my favorite. I hate MoMA bc I hate modern art, but I guess some people prefer it. Oh, and the Frick is great. There's a whole room of Fragonard paintings, and Rococo is my favorite time period, so I really like that museum. If I do end up at Gtown, I'm definitely going to miss the Met. But the Smithsonian museums are amazing, plus they have some of Marie Antoinette's jewelry, including the Hope Diamond, of which I am clearly a fan. :D

I've already been to the met, and the museum of natural history and moma's giftshop... and looked in the museum of sex's windows... and found a crab inside one of my mussels at cafetasia... what's the name of that bar that gives you a free pizza with your beer?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Suggestions?

I've already been to the met, and the museum of natural history and moma's giftshop... and looked in the museum of sex's windows... and found a crab inside one of my mussels at cafetasia... what's the name of that bar that gives you a free pizza with your beer?

Crocodile Lounge! http://nymag.com/listings/bar/crocodile-lounge/

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Hahaha I love that show. I watched my favorite episode last night, Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom

That's a great one! If you haven't seen the Christmas Special yet, I highly recommend it. It was straight to DVD so it's not so suitable for TV.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Suggestions?

yeah that's it! I want to go there. I love pizza. I don't much like beer, but it's still a decent deal.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Suggestions?

Hipster central!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:57 pm

ooooh! maybe I'll go to NIGHT COURT!!! you guys been?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 pm

sibley wrote:

yeah that's it! I want to go there. I love pizza. I don't much like beer, but it's still a decent deal.

I've stumbled in there my fair share of times walking back to a friends apartment when he lived in that area. It's a good time.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 pm

umm...what does this mean?

Kimberly - Steve Brown has asked me to let you know that he will be in touch with you about your application this evening. Everything has been straightened out.

I wasn't aware that there had been a problem...

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Kim617 wrote:umm...what does this mean?

Kimberly - Steve Brown has asked me to let you know that he will be in touch with you about your application this evening. Everything has been straightened out.

that's the email you got???? geesh.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:08 pm

sibley wrote:

Wow -- big mystery! If Dean Brown is contacting you, though, I'm sure that you got in! I wonder what was wrong in the first place...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

Wow -- big mystery! If Dean Brown is contacting you, though, I'm sure that you got in! I wonder what was wrong in the first place...

Um.. like how? Like is he going to call me? I'm so confused. What kind of problem could there have been? Especially since none of my other schools said there was a problem.

Ha, btw, I googled myself the other day. My last name is EXTREMELY rare in the US, like as in there are like 10 people, and most of them are my immediate family. However, it just so happens that of the people that aren't my immediate family, there is one girl with my exact first and last name. She also has a criminal record and comes up when my name is googled. Nice.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Kim617 wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
sibley wrote:

Um.. like how? Like is he going to call me? I'm so confused. What kind of problem could there have been? Especially since none of my other schools said there was a problem.

Ha, btw, I googled myself the other day. My last name is EXTREMELY rare in the US, like as in there are like 10 people, and most of them are my immediate family. However, it just so happens that of the people that aren't my immediate family, there is one girl with my exact first and last name. She also has a criminal record and comes up when my name is googled. Nice.[/quote]

there are a couple hicky high schooly people on myspace with my name. I do not have myspace.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I googled myself...

there's a girl on facebook with my exact name...as in, first name and both last names (father's last name and mother's maiden name)

Do you think admissions google us or facebook us? seems like they wouldn't have the time...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:25 pm

I doubt they have the time.

I am seriously wondering what the problem was with my application. This is really making me wonder what was wrong with my app to Fordham that was fine for Georgetown...

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Suggestions?

BTW - there are no organized tours on the 18th or 19th because its spring break. So going down this weekend is a good idea if you want to go on a real tour.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Kim617 wrote:I doubt they have the time.

I am seriously wondering what the problem was with my application. This is really making me wonder what was wrong with my app to Fordham that was fine for Georgetown...

unless there's more to the email, she didnt say there was a problem, just that everything is straightened out. maybe they were making a scholly decision or it was sitting on the dean's desk bc he loves you so much.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”