Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:15 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:well that's gotta be good, right?

well gee, at least you'll know!

Haha exactly. please, i just want to know!!

btw sibley, what are your top choices right now?

I don't know - can't decide until I see scholarship offers... then I'll have to think about it. Going to be hard, I think. Undergrad was easy - I got the best deal at the best school.

LOL Undergrad is free for me because my mom works at my school! Though honestly, good thing I'm going to law school because fashion merchandising would not ever be my career choice, besides all the math we get to do, which I love. I can't wait to get to law school and hear all the elle woods/history of polka dot jokes.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:13 pm

hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

Hey Hannah,

Coming to the tour as well tonight.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

andreea7 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

Hey Hannah,

cool! see you at 6 :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

well gee, at least you'll know!

Haha exactly. please, i just want to know!!

I don't know - can't decide until I see scholarship offers... then I'll have to think about it. Going to be hard, I think. Undergrad was easy - I got the best deal at the best school.

LOL Undergrad is free for me because my mom works at my school! Though honestly, good thing I'm going to law school because fashion merchandising would not ever be my career choice, besides all the math we get to do, which I love. I can't wait to get to law school and hear all the elle woods/history of polka dot jokes.

eum... Syracuse?

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:26 pm

hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

Hey Hannah,

I will be recognizable by my red sweater and my haggard look (spending way too much time reading these forums).

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm

andreea7 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

Hey Hannah,

I will be recognizable by my red sweater and my haggard look (spending way too much time reading these forums).

:lol: blue sweater, blonde hair. see you later!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm

hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:
Hey Hannah,

zomg. I'm such a creeper that if I was local I'd probably go to this tour anonymously. luckily I'm over 350 miles away (yay! travel stipends!)

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:48 pm

hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:
Hey Hannah,

Aww... I wanna join in, but I'm a real mess today.

I might do it next week at 6pm so as not to interfere too much with work.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm

sibley wrote:zomg. I'm such a creeper that if I was local I'd probably go to this tour anonymously. luckily I'm over 350 miles away (yay! travel stipends!)

HAHAHHAHAHAH. i love this.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

I meant to ask you, what time are you meeting with admissions? Just wondering if they would still be around at 6 because I can't get there earlier. I haven't sent them an email, but wondering whether maybe I should call or write to let them know I am doing the tour and would like to stop by the office if they are still there.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 pm

andreea7 wrote:

I meant to ask you, what time are you meeting with admissions? Just wondering if they would still be around at 6 because I can't get there earlier. I haven't sent them an email, but wondering whether maybe I should call or write to let them know I am doing the tour and would like to stop by the office if they are still there.

they close at 5! i had the same problem. i'm leaving work in a couple of minutes so i can make it there by 4:30. they said they can meet with people who get there by 4:45!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:03 pm

sibley wrote:
zomg. I'm such a creeper that if I was local I'd probably go to this tour anonymously. luckily I'm over 350 miles away (yay! travel stipends!)

LOL :mrgreen:

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm

hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

they close at 5! i had the same problem. i'm leaving work in a couple of minutes so i can make it there by 4:30. they said they can meet with people who get there by 4:45!

Good luck!
I guess they'll have to take me without meeting me first. They will just HAVE to. Haha.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:16 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Haha exactly. please, i just want to know!!

eum... Syracuse?

are you asking if i go to syracuse or saying you did? lol

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

eum... Syracuse?

are you asking if i go to syracuse or saying you did? lol[/quote]

asking if you do =P I know that have that major and that benefit.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:LOL Undergrad is free for me because my mom works at my school! Though honestly, good thing I'm going to law school because fashion merchandising would not ever be my career choice, besides all the math we get to do, which I love. I can't wait to get to law school and hear all the elle woods/history of polka dot jokes.

eum... Syracuse?

are you asking if i go to syracuse or saying you did? lol

asking if you do =P I know that have that major and that benefit.

Oh, no i don't. i go to FIT, in ny. not my top choice, especially since i had a high SAT, but i went to one semester at UMiami and hated florida enough to transfer to free college. FIT's actually not bad, but it's a lot of work for a major that i don't love, which sucks. but i do get to do really cool things, like intern at betsey johnson and fendi, plus attend new york and paris fashion week and some italian trade shows.

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Sup everybody, how's it going in this thread?

Should I send a LOCI with the waitlist form? What do I write though? ...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm

andreea7 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
andreea7 wrote:

Good luck!
I guess they'll have to take me without meeting me first. They will just HAVE to. Haha.

andreea! i didn't end up on the 6 pm tour. i met with admissions for only 20 minutes (which was really great! no decision though) and was told that i might as well do the "self-guided tour" instead of waiting an hour for the student-led tour. my husband is sick, so i figured it made more sense to get out of there earlier. please let me know how the official tour was...the self-guided was good, but i'm sure yours was better. sorry we didn't get to meet!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am

hannah87 wrote:andreea! i didn't end up on the 6 pm tour. i met with admissions for only 20 minutes (which was really great! no decision though) and was told that i might as well do the "self-guided tour" instead of waiting an hour for the student-led tour. my husband is sick, so i figured it made more sense to get out of there earlier. please let me know how the official tour was...the self-guided was good, but i'm sure yours was better. sorry we didn't get to meet!

Admit it, Hannah, you just didn't want to risk having Sibley actually stalk you...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
hannah87 wrote:andreea! i didn't end up on the 6 pm tour. i met with admissions for only 20 minutes (which was really great! no decision though) and was told that i might as well do the "self-guided tour" instead of waiting an hour for the student-led tour. my husband is sick, so i figured it made more sense to get out of there earlier. please let me know how the official tour was...the self-guided was good, but i'm sure yours was better. sorry we didn't get to meet!

Admit it, Hannah, you just didn't want to risk having Sibley actually stalk you...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 am

PARTY PEOPLE!!!
I have high hopes that many of us will hear SOMEthing in the next two days...
happy thoughts happy thoughts happy thoughts.
(KIM????)
Happy Thursday!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 am

Happy Thursday! I think we'll be hearing some news by next week. I learned yesterday that our late December/early January apps are finally being read now!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am

hannah87 wrote:Happy Thursday! I think we'll be hearing some news by next week. I learned yesterday that our late December/early January apps are finally being read now!

YAY! It'd be awesome to hear by the 18th as I'm getting close to making a final decision. Is the consensus that we can forget about merit scholarships from Fordham?

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

:shock:

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 am

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:Happy Thursday! I think we'll be hearing some news by next week. I learned yesterday that our late December/early January apps are finally being read now!

YAY! It'd be awesome to hear by the 18th as I'm getting close to making a final decision. Is the consensus that we can forget about merit scholarships from Fordham?

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

re: scholarship money- not at all! in fact, she said they've "hardly given out any money" yet. i was sooo relieved.

and re: :shock: - <3 <3 <3!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 am

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Admit it, Hannah, you just didn't want to risk having Sibley actually stalk you...

re: scholarship money- not at all! in fact, she said they've "hardly given out any money" yet. i was sooo relieved.

and re: :shock: - <3 <3 <3!

=D good, and ty!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”