Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

sibley wrote:..last night I had a dream I was at an admitted students' event in nyc for some school or other, and there was this gunner girl there showing off, but she hid behind me because it was a trial and the criminal was scary. and I yelled at her, but she ignored me, so finally I moved out of the way. And she shrieked and ran away.

Hahaha. Woooooooooow. Sometimes I dream that I'm Superman. Those ones are my favorite cause I just fly everywhere.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:..last night I had a dream I was at an admitted students' event in nyc for some school or other, and there was this gunner girl there showing off, but she hid behind me because it was a trial and the criminal was scary. and I yelled at her, but she ignored me, so finally I moved out of the way. And she shrieked and ran away.

Hahaha. Woooooooooow. Sometimes I dream that I'm Superman. Those ones are my favorite cause I just fly everywhere.

I had a dream last night that I was baking 3 different kinds of cookies in one bowl, and had to figure out how to mix ingredients without having the 3 kinds of cookies merge together. also, I was at the beach.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am

hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

good luck/have fun. was this an organized event or did you set it up? i'll be in the city for the cardozo event on the 18th and want to visit fordham that friday..

edit: according to the tour schedule, there are none that week. I guess its spring break? What's a girl to do??

edit #2: OR all of those tours are already filled. I'm coming in from out of town. Think they'll accomodate me?
Last edited by chutzpah on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:31 am

Any waitlist movement in the past month or so? :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:44 am

chutzpah wrote:
hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

good luck/have fun. was this an organized event or did you set it up? i'll be in the city for the cardozo event on the 18th and want to visit fordham that friday..

edit: according to the tour schedule, there are none that week. I guess its spring break? What's a girl to do??

edit #2: OR all of those tours are already filled. I'm coming in from out of town. Think they'll accomodate me?

Lol... I'm going to squeeze in a Fordham tour that same day. Can't get off of work! Am going to call in sick for the 18th, fly in and fly out that day.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:45 am

chutzpah wrote:

If the school is open, you can always do a self-guided tour and still meet with someone from admissions. Just send the office an email and ask to set something up.

paminator

Postby paminator » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:51 am

Elephant made my day!

SAE wrote:Any waitlist movement in the past month or so? :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 am

chutzpah wrote:

thanks! try emailing Kristina Haff at KHaff@law.fordham.edu. She runs the tours and works in admissions. she's really helpful! she set up my appointment with admissions.

i'll be at the Cardozo event too :D

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks Hannah. That's enormously helpful!

Hopefully I'll hear a decision from them this week. I'm complete 12/9 like Kim.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 am

chutzpah wrote:Thanks Hannah. That's enormously helpful!

you're welcome. good luck!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 am

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Thanks Hannah. That's enormously helpful!

you're welcome. good luck!!

helpful to me too, thanks.

As soon as I found out if Cardozo will reimburse my flight (I like 354 miles away, the airport is 341) I'll buy a ticket and see about working the Fordham visit out... I'd like to have adequate time to at least tour... can get a flight getting into jfk at 7:30am and out at 1040pm...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally

Marry me. :mrgreen: I also love the clarification, because there's things that could have been suggested...ya know...OFF the record.

Ha, well to be honest, I would have first suggested something like a street pharmacist, but that's illegal, and who wants a record on their way to law school? Strippers make serious bank, it's really not a bad idea. Except for goosey because she wears the hijab, plus I'm a Catholic and I'm pretty sure it'd be frowned upon.

Wow, I really hope no admissions people read this thread...

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally

Marry me. :mrgreen: I also love the clarification, because there's things that could have been suggested...ya know...OFF the record.

Ha, well to be honest, I would have first suggested something like a street pharmacist, but that's illegal, and who wants a record on their way to law school? Strippers make serious bank, it's really not a bad idea. Except for goosey because she wears the hijab, plus I'm a Catholic and I'm pretty sure it'd be frowned upon.

=D

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:51 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
(And Kim - today has to be the day, yes? Yes!)

Doubtful. I think they're LOVING this. They're probably like "Haha, this girl Kim is waiting around like the ugly girl on prom night!"

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Good luck, Hannah! Though I still think you got NYU :D

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:

I think private tutor or some kind is where its at. You can capitalize on your smarts and status as a law student and not have to compete with all the struggling actors/actresses and artsy types working in food service and whatnot. Plus Manhattan has a HUGE market of desperate parents trying to assemble an army of tutors, therapists, and other professionals to get their kids into the best schools. There was just an article in the times style section about how having an occupational therapist for your kid is the hot new thing on the upper east side...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 pm

So I emailed again today and I received a response within 10 minutes.

Hi Kimberly,
I apologies for the delayed response but I was trying to locate your file with the entire Committee. I hope to have a decision for you within the next day or so :-).

God willing! She was very nice when I spoke to her, so I'm hoping she's right!

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Kim617 wrote:So I emailed again today and I received a response within 10 minutes.

Hi Kimberly,
I apologies for the delayed response but I was trying to locate your file with the entire Committee. I hope to have a decision for you within the next day or so :-).

was there really an emoticon in her email?

(yay for your personal guardian angel)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 pm

chutzpah wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So I emailed again today and I received a response within 10 minutes.

Hi Kimberly,

was there really an emoticon in her email?

(yay for your personal guardian angel)

actually it was just a smiley but when i pasted it here it changed to an emoticon.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:36 pm

well that's gotta be good, right?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:well that's gotta be good, right?

well gee, at least you'll know!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm

sibley wrote:

Haha exactly. please, i just want to know!!

btw sibley, what are your top choices right now?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Good luck, Hannah! Though I still think you got NYU :D

THANKS kim! that's great about admissions finally getting back to you. i hope you get some serious $$$. they owe you for all your trouble!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

Haha exactly. please, i just want to know!!

btw sibley, what are your top choices right now?

I don't know - can't decide until I see scholarship offers... then I'll have to think about it. Going to be hard, I think. Undergrad was easy - I got the best deal at the best school.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Do you think they'd give $$$ to boost their PT numbers?

Or do you think they will assume someone with a 172 is applying PT because she has to and therefore they have no incentive to give her money?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”