Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoTribe1

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby GoTribe1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Kim617 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:Can't believe I'm considering taking out 200K in loans if I get accepted to Fordham PT. God help me.

It can't be that much, can it? Plus, you'll probably be working.

I'm estimating about $180,000 in loans total, and that's for full time. 200K seems a little high but not that much higher than my estimate.

Still paying back 20K from undergrad. But if I live extremely frugally for 3 yrs, you're right perhaps I might only need 180 more K.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:44 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:Can't believe I'm considering taking out 200K in loans if I get accepted to Fordham PT. God help me.

It can't be that much, can it? Plus, you'll probably be working.

I'm estimating about $180,000 in loans total, and that's for full time. 200K seems a little high but not that much higher than my estimate.

Still paying back 20K from undergrad. But if I live extremely frugally for 3 yrs, you're right perhaps I might only need 180 more K.

Ha, I wish I could live frugally. I can skimp on food because my diet is so limited (I'm allergic to everything/lactose intolerant/insulin resistant--love my life! :roll: ) so I usually can eat like pasta and bread (turkey sandwiches hell yeah!), which happen to be cheap. My problem is that I like clothes-- a lot. I like shoes even more. And accessories. I doubt law school loans should be used to support my fashion habit.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Still no response, Kim? wth?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Ruefully laughing... The sad thing is, i'm ready, willing and able to pay sticker... And i'll probably get WL'd.

Lucky.

Out of college 20 years, have worked like a dog for this. Not lucky, DETERMINED.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Ruefully laughing... The sad thing is, i'm ready, willing and able to pay sticker... And i'll probably get WL'd.

Lucky.

Out of college 20 years, have worked like a dog for this. Not lucky, DETERMINED.

NUTS.

...no I like you, and good for you. How old are your kids? They could be like... my age...

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:01 pm

ny, every day i check here for your news. i cant wait till you get in already!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm

sibley wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:

Lucky.

NUTS.

...no I like you, and good for you. How old are your kids? They could be like... my age...

LOL - I guess they COULD be... but they aren't. Both are under 6. ;)

AND JOAN - thank you, lovely. I'm sure we'll have the news, any day now.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm

damn 20 years out of college? I'm only 19 and applied for fordham PT...

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I am dreading all the loans :(
Trying to get creative with making some money, but its not like u jst stumble upon 150k, so..creativity will only take me so far

Any (legal) suggestions for quick cash?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:damn 20 years out of college? I'm only 19 and applied for fordham PT...

Out of curiosity, why did you apply PT? Was it just because you believed it would be easier for you to get in?
I applied PT because I support my family and would continue to work, during school.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:06 pm

beef wellington wrote:Still no response, Kim? wth?

RIGHT?! It's a form of torture that I assumed was against the law-- along the lines of water boarding.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 pm

goosey wrote:I am dreading all the loans :(
Trying to get creative with making some money, but its not like u jst stumble upon 150k, so..creativity will only take me so far

Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally, besides the lottery.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Won't working help? Before I even got my score increase, my boss said he would work with me if I decided to stay local.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally, besides the lottery.

I wear a hijab--I dont know if stripping would work out too well for me :lol:

and yeah..working kind of helps. But not really. Its hard to find a job..plus i have a philosophy degree which is pretty USELESS. Working for kaplan would help, but even so Id make roughly 900 for a class, which isnt much considering the cost of law school. Also, I will be commuting the first semester--lirr ticket prices are atrocious and I will likely be spending close to 450 a month on transportation. lovely.

1. i hope i get into fordham
2. i hope they have some mercy on my poor soul and give me some need-based aid. please please please.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm

If you get into Fordham, you have a great chance of getting into Biglaw. Do that for like 5 years (more than enough to pay off your loans and buy a nice house and car). Then switch to whatever job you want to do. That would be my intention if I got into a really well reputable school with no scholly or aid.

There's a reason why biglaw has such a huge turnover, apart from all that required work, of course, lol...

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 am

Sometimes I miss the best things in itt:

nygrrrl wrote:Out of college 20 years, have worked like a dog for this. Not lucky, DETERMINED.

One day, nygrrrl will rule us all. I hope she remembers the little people like myself. Also, I'd like to rule Australia if that's not asking too much.

Kim617 wrote:Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally

Marry me. :mrgreen: I also love the clarification, because there's things that could have been suggested...ya know...OFF the record.

cherryalamode wrote:If you get into Fordham, you have a great chance of getting into Biglaw. Do that for like 5 years (more than enough to pay off your loans and buy a nice house and car). Then switch to whatever job you want to do. That would be my intention if I got into a really well reputable school with no scholly or aid.

There's a reason why biglaw has such a huge turnover, apart from all that required work, of course, lol...

That's the route I think I'll try, but more realistically I'll probably be

Kim617 wrote:Stripping

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:24 am

even2flow wrote:Sometimes I miss the best things in itt:

nygrrrl wrote:Out of college 20 years, have worked like a dog for this. Not lucky, DETERMINED.

One day, nygrrrl will rule us all. I hope she remembers the little people like myself. Also, I'd like to rule Australia if that's not asking too much.

Kim617 wrote:Stripping. That's probably the most you could make quickly and legally

Marry me. :mrgreen: I also love the clarification, because there's things that could have been suggested...ya know...OFF the record.

cherryalamode wrote:If you get into Fordham, you have a great chance of getting into Biglaw. Do that for like 5 years (more than enough to pay off your loans and buy a nice house and car). Then switch to whatever job you want to do. That would be my intention if I got into a really well reputable school with no scholly or aid.

That's the route I think I'll try, but more realistically I'll probably be

Kim617 wrote:Stripping

I just wanted to QFP. This post made me laugh, loudly. (Oh and Australia? Cool - you got it.)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 am

IT'S WEDNESDAY, PARTY PEOPLE!
Hump Day!
The halfway mark, for the week.
Enjoy the snow!
:mrgreen:

(And Kim - today has to be the day, yes? Yes!)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 am

good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 am

hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

Have fun, Hannah! Can't wait to hear how it all goes...!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 am

nygrrrl wrote:
hannah87 wrote:good morning/happy wednesday! i am meeting with admissions and taking a tour this evening, so i will report back when i get home! wish me luck :P

thanks, grrrl! i hope today is "the day" for all of us!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

hannah87 wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

thanks, grrrl! i hope today is "the day" for all of us!!

yes please!

..last night I had a dream I was at an admitted students' event in nyc for some school or other, and there was this gunner girl there showing off, but she hid behind me because it was a trial and the criminal was scary. and I yelled at her, but she ignored me, so finally I moved out of the way. And she shrieked and ran away.
Last edited by sibley on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 am

Have fun and enjoy!

Core

Postby Core » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 am

Good luck!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

thanks, lauren and core!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”