Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:Been at application complete since 1/4 for the PT program.

...does anyone know when they get into the PT apps, or is it less than systematic?

No one knows. Seriously.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

...does anyone know when they get into the PT apps, or is it less than systematic?

I don't think they deal with one before the other, as both FT and PT people have been accepted, rejected, and WLed thus far.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Instant9

this profile update just gave me a small heart attack, but then i realized i was being dyslexic and read the "2/3" decision date as "3/2." damn.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm complete 1/12 for PT with numbers way above the 75th and haven't heard a peep. I believe we have a lot of people here in the waiting room with earlier complete dates for PT who have not heard either. I think they're holding off on making PT decisions because there are quite a few people on the FT waitlist with above PT numbers who asked to be considered for PT. They may look at all of us together.

:(

I need a decision soon so I can negotiate with my job about tuition.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm

hannah87 wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Instant9

this profile update just gave me a small heart attack, but then i realized i was being dyslexic and read the "2/3" decision date as "3/2." damn.

aww well it's ok. and why are you freaking! isn't your goal more along the nyu-line?

my status is still 1/12. Promptly going to lsn to see if it looks like I'll get in.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 pm

sibley wrote:

aww well it's ok. and why are you freaking! isn't your goal more along the nyu-line?

thanks, sibley :oops: i'm pretty sure i'm waitlist-bound at nyu. i'm just trying to be realistic! i'm so antsy about hearing fordham because i would rather go there than cardozo- but it would take some serious $$.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

thanks, sibley :oops: i'm pretty sure i'm waitlist-bound at nyu. i'm just trying to be realistic! i'm so antsy about hearing fordham because i would rather go there than cardozo- but it would take some serious $$.

ok now I'M freaking out! ugh! I have no idea if I'll get in or if they'll waitlist me. no one has really comparable numbers, and it seems like they're all over the freaking place with their admittances. WAHHHHHHH. And waitlisted with that GPA, Hannah? I dunno...

and I've just LSN stalked, and it looks like they have hardly waitlisted anyone, and people with your stats have gotten in... though I understand the self-preservation of not getting ones' hopes up.
Last edited by sibley on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

ok now I'M freaking out! ugh! I have no idea if I'll get in or if they'll waitlist me. no one has really comparable numbers, and it seems like they're all over the freaking place with their admittances. WAHHHHHHH. And waitlisted with that GPA, Hannah? I dunno...

you're worried about WL at fordham? i don't think they can say no to your LSAT!

and see last year's NYU cycle on LSN...I would be shocked if admitted! and the admits in my numbers range this cycle seem to have pretty killer apps...

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:44 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:aww well it's ok. and why are you freaking! isn't your goal more along the nyu-line?

you're worried about WL at fordham? i don't think they can say no to your LSAT!

and see last year's NYU cycle on LSN...I would be shocked if admitted! and the admits in my numbers range this cycle seem to have pretty killer apps...

Well we'll just have to hope your app has resuscitory powers.... and Fordham waitlisted someone with the same GPA and a slightly higher LSAT than me last year. I don't know why I care... I don't think I can pay full tuition... why does Cardozo's scholly offer have to be so sleazy...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

sibley wrote:
Well we'll just have to hope your app has resuscitory powers.... and Fordham waitlisted someone with the same GPA and a slightly higher LSAT than me last year. I don't know why I care... I don't think I can pay full tuition... why does Cardozo's scholly offer have to be so sleazy...

you're going to try to get them to reduce/remove the GPA stipulation, right? i think it's worth a shot!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:

you're going to try to get them to reduce/remove the GPA stipulation, right? i think it's worth a shot!

Yeah... I think that's the best option. My boyfriend keeps telling me to go to the best school I can get into and it's starting to rub off on me. I just hateeee debt. But I also hate stress. And losing my scholarship because of some class that already killed me would be really stressful.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

sibley wrote:My boyfriend keeps telling me to go to the best school I can get into and it's starting to rub off on me.

That's funny because my boyfriend keeps telling me to go to the school that gives me the best deal. Wanna switch?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:My boyfriend keeps telling me to go to the best school I can get into and it's starting to rub off on me.

That's funny because my boyfriend keeps telling me to go to the school that gives me the best deal. Wanna switch?

wow, chutzpah: just noticed your insane LSAT increase- congrats!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 pm

chutzpah wrote:

lol. then I'd probably be annoyed by that, too. best to not listen to them at all, I think. damn my ever-changing mind, though.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:

wow, chutzpah: just noticed your insane LSAT increase- congrats!!

Hey, thanks. I'm really happy but I don't know what will come if it since its already so late in the cycle. I'd still love to hear from Fordham! (helloo?? anybody out there??)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

goosey wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I haven't done math in like 3 years so I have no idea what I'd get if I took the SATs now, but that's the great thing about the teachers edition is you get to learn the material ahead of time before you have to present and explain it.

If they do make me take a practice test, I might just stick with the LSAT.

+1

i dont even know how to add and subtract fractions anymore. fail.
im sure its nothing you cant pick up on with a few weeks of review though.

just out of curiousity how does it end up being 28/hr?

i don't remember. they add something else, but i know the end pay becomes $28/hr.

edit for major brain fart

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Posting here in case the dean of that other school is tls-surfing... I just emailed him directly. Do you think that's ok? That it'll get to him, that he'll respond? I didn't want to just email the admissions office about it. I know the pres of my university responds to his emails directly... he uses navy blue comic sans ms, size 16.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Can't believe I'm considering taking out 200K in loans if I get accepted to Fordham PT. God help me.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:42 pm

sibley wrote:Posting here in case the dean of that other school is tls-surfing... I just emailed him directly. Do you think that's ok? That it'll get to him, that he'll respond? I didn't want to just email the admissions office about it. I know the pres of my university responds to his emails directly... he uses navy blue comic sans ms, size 16.

LOL I just emailed school x's admission office asking to be considered for a scholarship, do I have nerve? I think they understand we're absolutely anxious and dying here.

edit to say that i hope they understand :D

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Ruefully laughing... The sad thing is, i'm ready, willing and able to pay sticker... And i'll probably get WL'd.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Ruefully laughing... The sad thing is, i'm ready, willing and able to pay sticker... And i'll probably get WL'd.

Oh, it wasn't for fordham. I am still currently in the IGNORE file. I am willing to pay sticker at Gtown, it would just be nice to get money, so I figured why not try. Worst case they say hell no.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 pm

btw, for anyone who has emailed them, how long has it typically taken to receive an email response from the admissions office?

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:Can't believe I'm considering taking out 200K in loans if I get accepted to Fordham PT. God help me.

It can't be that much, can it? Plus, you'll probably be working.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:16 pm

jl2032 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:Can't believe I'm considering taking out 200K in loans if I get accepted to Fordham PT. God help me.

It can't be that much, can it? Plus, you'll probably be working.

I'm estimating about $180,000 in loans total, and that's for full time. 200K seems a little high but not that much higher than my estimate.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Ruefully laughing... The sad thing is, i'm ready, willing and able to pay sticker... And i'll probably get WL'd.

Lucky.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”