Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ryguy

Bronze

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by ryguy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

chutzpah wrote:Congrats again goosey and any other happy Feb re-takers. I went up a mind boggling 9 pts :)

I hope this won't further delay our decisions. Do any December retakers have info or advice? I've been complete since 12/9 but will my new score report put me in a Feb/March complete pile? Thanks!
Re-took in Dec. Got a 169. Still waiting for a Fordham decision!!!! :evil:

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
tesoro wrote:
goosey wrote:do you guys think fordham is going for a rankings push this year, and if so, any projections?
I have no idea dood. I was admitted super early (first batch @ 11/6 for PT) with nothing really startling or crazy about my application and with two lowish numbers. I think that while every school is obviously pushing the rankings, Fordham is doing something inexplicable with their admissions game. For example, TONS of applicants have been denied/WL at fordham so far but have been admitted to T14. There are also a significant amount of low outliers on LSN for Fordham that have been admitted early on in the process.

I'll take this opportunity though to say congrats on your improved LSAT. 165 appears to be the magic # for PT. I hope to see you in the fall!
how do you feel about a 3.84, 162 that went complete mid january for PT?
Only since you asked me directly since I'm no expert or anything...

I think that you'll be waitlisted, and your fate will depend on what their median GPA looks like at the time they begin considering waitlisted candidates. Barring any crazy softs that you didn't mention, If they hit their LSAT goal and want to start padding their GPA median, you will be considered.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 pm

hello, sleepy thread.

any news expected this week???

when does nygrrrl get back from her mystery trip?

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey all, I've been MIA from this thread for several months now. I know this question was probably asked somewhere within these 100-some pages, but does anyone know when WL'ed PT applicants generally start hearing back?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm

sibley wrote: when does nygrrrl get back from her mystery trip?
Mystery trip? I have good reason to believe she is on her way home right naow. :wink: :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

emrose wrote:
sibley wrote: when does nygrrrl get back from her mystery trip?
Mystery trip? I have good reason to believe she is on her way home right naow. :wink: :mrgreen:
Tee hee hee - <3 Em!
Yes, Party People, i'm on my way home from my fantastic wonderful adventure! More soon - congrats to all LSAT WInnnnners!!!

samiam123

New

Post by samiam123 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:33 pm

hey haven't read through the entire thread and keeping in mind that most ppl haven't heard back yet, what do you think the chances of a 165/3.99 admit to the ft program are?

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 pm

samiam123 wrote:hey haven't read through the entire thread and keeping in mind that most ppl haven't heard back yet, what do you think the chances of a 165/3.99 admit to the ft program are?
I'm no expert, but I think your GPA is going to go a long way for your application. Your LSAT isn't far below the median, so I think you should be in. However, Fordham's been completely unpredictable this cycle. I have no idea what their thinking is. Good luck!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Longest day ever.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey Kim, didn't they promise you an answer by today? How'd that go?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm

chutzpah wrote:Hey Kim, didn't they promise you an answer by today? How'd that go?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Any word?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Hey Kim, didn't they promise you an answer by today? How'd that go?
--ImageRemoved--

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:51 pm

sibley wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
nice

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Nope, nothing. And she even said to email her if I hadn't heard, which I did, and she didn't get back to me. If she wouldn't have said anything, I wouldn't be so annoyed, but she PROMISED, she said there is no possible way I wouldn't hear by today, and that annoys me. Why say it if it's not definite? I feel like I'm being jerked around, which I'm sure they're just busy, but then she shouldn't have said anything. Ha, I guess I sound like a petulant child. It's just that looking forward all week to my "definite answer" and not getting it really, really sucks. So if I don't hear anything, even a response to my email, within the next few days, I'm pretty sure I'm going to withdraw. I'm pretty much geared towards Georgetown, especially since I doubt I'll get any $$ from Fordham at this point. I so wanted Fordham to like me, I feel like I got stood up! :D

Edit to say that UVA seems to be practicing the same "ignore" tactic as Fordham. So. MEAN.

yaffa9423

New

Post by yaffa9423 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Anybody still waiting to hear back that applied in early December or earlier? I went complete at the beginning of December for the part time program. My numbers are several points above the median. Crazy that I have not heard from then yet. Anyone in the same boat? Are doing part-time after they finish full-time decisions?

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

yaffa9423 wrote:Anybody still waiting to hear back that applied in early December or earlier? I went complete at the beginning of December for the part time program. My numbers are several points above the median. Crazy that I have not heard from then yet. Anyone in the same boat? Are doing part-time after they finish full-time decisions?
I'm complete since 12/9, I'm FT. I believe nygrrrl has been complete for PT earlier than that (11/16?), so you're definitely not alone. There are many of us. Join our stressed/frustrated club. I think they're toying with us to see who breaks first.
Last edited by Kim617 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Oh, and SERIOUSLY DETROIT MERCY LAW?! STOP FLOODING ME WITH CONSTANT EMAILS. YOU AND RWU, I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED. IF I WAS, I WOULD HAVE APPLIED WITH ALL MY OTHER APPS IN DECEMBER. UGH.

/end rant.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Kim617 wrote:Oh, and SERIOUSLY DETROIT MERCY LAW?! STOP FLOODING ME WITH CONSTANT EMAILS. YOU AND RWU, I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED. IF I WAS, I WOULD HAVE APPLIED WITH ALL MY OTHER APPS IN DECEMBER. UGH.

/end rant.
+ 1!!!

I got a huge packet from them in the mail Got so excited for no effing reason. Damn it, those damn Mercy law people. I DONT WANT TO GO TO THIS CRAPPY SCHOOL!

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Kim617 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Nope, nothing. And she even said to email her if I hadn't heard, which I did, and she didn't get back to me. If she wouldn't have said anything, I wouldn't be so annoyed, but she PROMISED, she said there is no possible way I wouldn't hear by today, and that annoys me. Why say it if it's not definite? I feel like I'm being jerked around, which I'm sure they're just busy, but then she shouldn't have said anything. Ha, I guess I sound like a petulant child. It's just that looking forward all week to my "definite answer" and not getting it really, really sucks. So if I don't hear anything, even a response to my email, within the next few days, I'm pretty sure I'm going to withdraw. I'm pretty much geared towards Georgetown, especially since I doubt I'll get any $$ from Fordham at this point. I so wanted Fordham to like me, I feel like I got stood up! :D

Edit to say that UVA seems to be practicing the same "ignore" tactic as Fordham. So. MEAN.

Well they were closed on friday. So give them a day or two extra.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

cherryalamode wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Oh, and SERIOUSLY DETROIT MERCY LAW?! STOP FLOODING ME WITH CONSTANT EMAILS. YOU AND RWU, I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT INTERESTED. IF I WAS, I WOULD HAVE APPLIED WITH ALL MY OTHER APPS IN DECEMBER. UGH.

/end rant.
+ 1!!!

I got a huge packet from them in the mail Got so excited for no effing reason. Damn it, those damn Mercy law people. I DONT WANT TO GO TO THIS CRAPPY SCHOOL!
Ugh, I know. The other day I got this HUGE envelope and I saw LAW SCHOOL and I was like EFF YES! Until I saw it was RWU. LEAVE ME ALONE KTHXBIE.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:57 pm

yaffa9423 wrote:Anybody still waiting to hear back that applied in early December or earlier? I went complete at the beginning of December for the part time program. My numbers are several points above the median. Crazy that I have not heard from then yet. Anyone in the same boat? Are doing part-time after they finish full-time decisions?

yes, complete 11/16, then 12/9--still nothing. My numbers were below both medians (before the retake) though and I had a bit of a unique situation, so I wasnt expecting to hear until much later. possibly even summer. Not sure what the retake will change, but I am assuming they wont even have the score until later this week or next week. If I were you I would either email or stop by.

and AGREED about detroit mercy! OMG! :evil:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:59 pm

My mail goes to my uncle's house. He came over to visit the other day and he said, "Oh! I almost forgot, I brought some mail for you." He went out to his car, came back in, and handed me something from Cooley.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm

I keep getting email spam... i don't care so much about the actual mail spam because the only schools I won't be expecting (via status checker) are going to reject me anyway. the email spam sucks a lot, though. I get stuff from California School of Law, or someplace. Online college, yay.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 am

PAAARRRRTY PEOPLE!
I iz back... from my Amazing Incredible Sekrit Adventure (thank you, EMROSE!!! <3)

This is it, eh? This is the week?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Well, I'm back. Happyhappy posts, starting again in the morning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:01 am

Yay you're back!

In other news, I called Fordham today. I told them my status checker said complete 12/9 but they said they only got the LSAC report 12/29... so I have not been waiting as long as I thought, apparently. :?

Dunno why they got my stuff so late and why I'm complete 12/9, then... whatevs!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”