Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:This made me LOL, shoemaker.
(Oh and ps? My flight just got cancelled. I needed the laugh.)

Ah no, that sucks! Wanna hang out and get wasted instead?

But in all seriousness, can you reschedule?

<3! My husband, who is ridiculouslymagically good at these things, is trying to reschedule out of Hartford. We'll see...

chameleon

Postby chameleon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm

fordham's whole site is down. a little snow really gets to you new yorkers, doesn't it? ;)

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm

chameleon wrote:fordham's whole site is down. a little snow really gets to you new yorkers, doesn't it? ;)

the website? it's working fine for me...

can I go home? I'm supposed to leave in 15 anyway and the weather is ick.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:21 pm

chameleon wrote:fordham's whole site is down.

+1

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:35 pm

cherryalamode wrote:

+1

Now +1. But only for the law school.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:

+1

Now +1. But only for the law school.

well the status checker seems to be working fine. working fine in that it still says complete 12/9. BAH

asdfff

Postby asdfff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Checked the mail today and had a nice surprise: a merit scholarship from Fordham! This puts them back in the running and makes my cycle a bit more interesting.

Olive

Postby Olive » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm

emrose wrote:Dear Fordham,

Haven't these poor TLSers suffered enough? Please let them in NAOW.

kthnxbai

+1

Hang in there, guys.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 am

Jealous of all you guys who get to stay home today.

School district in my town is closed, school district in the city is closed, everything's closed... I have to go to work. I'd call in sick if all these school visits weren't already threatening my job.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:15 am

sibley wrote:Jealous of all you guys who get to stay home today.

School district in my town is closed, school district in the city is closed, everything's closed... I have to go to work. I'd call in sick if all these school visits weren't already threatening my job.

Sunny blue skies where I am today. So that means I'm at work too.

I guess this means no status checker updates today?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 am

Yay! Today marks Day 81 on the waitlist, Day 130 since going complete (10/19).

1/3 of a year waiting on a final answer from Fordham!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:17 am

Oh - quick check of fordham.edu informs me that there will be no need to check my status until Monday.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 am

sibley wrote:Jealous of all you guys who get to stay home today.

School district in my town is closed, school district in the city is closed, everything's closed... I have to go to work.

+1

Edit: I hope nygrrrl's absense means she somehow got a new flight!

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

even2flow wrote:Oh - quick check of fordham.edu informs me that there will be no need to check my status until Monday.

Hmm, thanks for the info.

I'm calling for a mulligan on my prediction of more decisions coming out this week. It should have had a caveat of "you know, assuming the University is actually open." :P

paminator

Postby paminator » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:56 am

Haha, I think so! I'm reaaaaaally torn, and it's not about the money...I'm taking that out of the equation.

My hesitation is about whether I'm missing an opportunity to start afresh in a new city. I loooooove NYC - have been here 8 years including undergrad. Should I stay? Should I go? BU and Fordham both are great schools. AHHHHH! :?: :?: :?:

Also - I am interested in intellectual property.

chutzpah wrote:so... in other news, according to LSN, paminator withdrew from BU and chose Fordham?!

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am

paminator wrote:Haha, I think so! I'm reaaaaaally torn, and it's not about the money...I'm taking that out of the equation.

My hesitation is about whether I'm missing an opportunity to start afresh in a new city. I loooooove NYC - have been here 8 years including undergrad. Should I stay? Should I go? BU and Fordham both are great schools. AHHHHH! :?: :?: :?:

chutzpah wrote:so... in other news, according to LSN, paminator withdrew from BU and chose Fordham?!

I'll say that as much as I love NY, moving away made me appreciate it more. Also, school is a great opportunity to "try out" a new city. Once you're settled with a career and eventually a family etc, I don't think its as easy to just pick up and move somewhere else because you're curious.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Ugh, this is longer than I intended it to be. Anyway...

paminator wrote:Also - I am interested in intellectual property.

BU's got a great IP concentration program. Also, Boston is an amazing city. I live here now and love the hell out of it. All of my friends from college live in NYC (literally every one of them, I'm the only one who moved here as opposed to staying by school or moving to NYC), and I still see them almost every 2 or 3 weeks.

You're getting a lot of money from BU, and I hate to almost put down Fordham on the thread where we all are proclaiming our undying love of the school - but it frankly, to me at least, sounds like a better choice to go to BU, given the money, and the job prospects, and a chance to try out a new (and very different) city.

Further - if you have a SO who lives in NYC and won't be making the move, my old roomate was able to keep his relationship going throughout law school while she lived in NYC and he lived in Boston (he went to BC law). Stressful, I had to listen to a fair amount of their fighting his 1L, but possible.

But, at the end of the day, you gotta do what makes you happy, and if living in NYC is that, then I say go for it. 1L is gonna be stressful as hell, and you wanna be around people and places that will take your mind off of how badly you want to quit and join the circus, and if you think that NYC is the best place to do that, then you gotta take that into account too.

So at the end of the day, I have no point, I just like to ramble.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 pm

paminator wrote:Haha, I think so! I'm reaaaaaally torn, and it's not about the money...I'm taking that out of the equation.

I'm sort of feeling the same way. I don't know if I'm ready to move to a new city, but what other chance would I have if to do so? I think that if I were you, I would choose BC because of the money factor, and also I think you might have better mobility with a degree from there. I could be off base on that, but I would think that would be the case. I am leaning towards Georgetown for that reason, and like you said, the opportunity to go to a new city (especially one that's easily accessible to NYC like DC or Boston in your case) is really important to me.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm just realizing that we thought waiting for decisions was hard... but we didn't realize how difficult actually choosing would likely be. Do we pick a new city over one we love? Pick ranking over scholarships? Prospects over soft factors? Oy.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 pm

sibley wrote:I'm just realizing that we thought waiting for decisions was hard... but we didn't realize how difficult actually choosing would likely be. Do we pick a new city over one we love? Pick ranking over scholarships? Prospects over soft factors? Oy.

I just realized that my answer to all 3 is yes. Does that mean I'm moving to DC in August?!

If you would've told me my cycle when I applied, I definitely didn't think I'd be in the position. I definitely didn't think NYU would be my undying enemy at this point.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:49 pm

though totally unrelated to anything we've been talking about, I'm blogging about my thoughts and reactions as I read more and more about the jfk assassination. If you're looking for something to pass the time, check it out at http://z313.blogspot.com/

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:58 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:though totally unrelated to anything we've been talking about, I'm blogging about my thoughts and reactions as I read more and more about the jfk assassination. If you're looking for something to pass the time, check it out at http://z313.blogspot.com/

Awesome. I was just trying to figure out how to fill my slow afternoon!

Also unrelated, I made plans with a local curling club to learn how to curl. I was inspired by the Olympics!

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Received a $15,000/yr scholarship via mail today, was accepted on 2/12!

Wingdw

Postby Wingdw » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Received a $15,000/yr scholarship via mail today, was accepted on 2/12!

Grats man! Now hopefully this upcoming Monday will bring a lot more people into the fold, I want good TLS representation at the March ASD! 8)

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Received a $15,000/yr scholarship via mail today, was accepted on 2/12!

Congrats!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”