Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I'm [strike]going[/strike] getting in, today!

awwww H.E. :oops: that sure would be swell....

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I was reading the admitted students site and saw that for those receiving merit aid, a mailing would be sent out approximately two weeks after the acceptance letter...for those who have received a scholarship, did the mailing show up on your status checker before you received it?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:40 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:I was reading the admitted students site and saw that for those receiving merit aid, a mailing would be sent out approximately two weeks after the acceptance letter...for those who have received a scholarship, did the mailing show up on your status checker before you received it?

That particular mailing was never indicated on my status checker.

otherside220

Postby otherside220 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 pm

complete as of 1/12, no updates since. who's in my boat?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 pm

otherside220 wrote:complete as of 1/12, no updates since. who's in my boat?

meeee!

texaspecial88

Postby texaspecial88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Im am IN at Fordham's PT program. Does anyone know what the makeup of the normal PT class is age-wise? If I go to Fordham I will be coming straight out of undergrad and was wondering if there are gonna be fellow young'ns there...

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 pm

sibley wrote:
otherside220 wrote:complete as of 1/12, no updates since. who's in my boat?

meeee!

me too! (sibley, we have somewhat similar stats too)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Columbia Law wrote:Just to let you all know, my brother has a 166 and he has 4 friends with 169 or above/ 3.7 and above, who are yet to hear back. They are all 100% sold on Fordham.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be encouraging or discouraging. :?

Yeah I don't know what to make of that.

In other news, I've got my Kaplan audition tonight, which if goes well, will hopefully help if I have to take the test again and reapply next year.

good luck! i went through the whole audition process, but i ended up having to turn down the job because of my schedule. such a good opportunity, kaplan tutors make bank!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

So I'm betting nygrrrl got in during lunch and hasn't checked back in because she's out getting hammered.

In a perfect world at least.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm

even2flow wrote:So I'm betting nygrrrl got in during lunch and hasn't checked back in because she's out getting hammered.

Ha, good question. nygrrrl, holla back!

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

even2flow wrote:So I'm betting nygrrrl got in during lunch and hasn't checked back in because she's out getting hammered.

LOL! :lol: Let's hope so!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

rockthelaw wrote:

Ha, good question. nygrrrl, holla back!

=) or simply passed out due to excitement.

Steve Zissou

Postby Steve Zissou » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Im am IN at Fordham's PT program. Does anyone know what the makeup of the normal PT class is age-wise? If I go to Fordham I will be coming straight out of undergrad and was wondering if there are gonna be fellow young'ns there...

According to your profile, you were waitlisted at Fordham. How did you go from waitlisted to accepted to PT? Did you originally apply to PT or FT? Did you get the letter asking your preference for FT or PT, and if so, how did you reply? When did Fordham notify you of your acceptance? (Really just wondering when/if Fordham is taking people off the waitlist yet.)

All I know about the part time program is that it has a variety of students, from the serious minded to the law-school-for-fun types, just like full time... Though you will only find the work-full-time-and-raise-a-family-and-still-find-time-to-master-law-school types in part time. I can't speak to the ages though.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh, lovely party people...
I have nothing to report. Went in, they checked, my application is supposedly "under review", that's it. No shiny promises about when I would hear, etc. Oh - but I did ask a specific question about the "to what other schools did you apply" section of the app and she told me point blank that, "we really don't use that information for anything, in the admissions process." so basically... I know exactly what I knew, this morning: Nada. *sigh*

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Oh, lovely party people...
I have nothing to report. Went in, they checked, my application is supposedly "under review", that's it. No shiny promises about when I would hear, etc. Oh - but I did ask a specific question about the "to what other schools did you apply" section of the app and she told me point blank that, "we really don't use that information for anything, in the admissions process." so basically... I know exactly what I knew, this morning: Nada. *sigh*

Sorry your visit wasn't more productive. That info on the "other schools" section seems to be at odds with what Kim was told.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Wow, NYgrrrl that sounds kinda.... mean. Bitchy, even. Or were they nice about it and it's just coming off mean on paper? Or rather, on forum?

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 pm

This is the most disappointing post I've read from you! But head up - you're still in the game! At least you went in and tried to figure it out.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 pm

cherryalamode wrote:Wow, NYgrrrl that sounds kinda.... mean. Bitchy, even. Or were they nice about it and it's just coming off mean on paper? Or rather, on forum?

The financial aid people were mean when I called.

you may not have learned anything but... at least you did it! now you know!

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 pm

sibley wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:Wow, NYgrrrl that sounds kinda.... mean. Bitchy, even. Or were they nice about it and it's just coming off mean on paper? Or rather, on forum?

also now you know that your file isnt behind a radiator or being used for kindling somewhere.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

also now you know that your file isnt behind a radiator or being used for kindling somewhere.

That's true. There's no logical reason that I can think of for why they would keep your file around this long if they didn't like something in it.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Sorry - didn't mean to sound bitchy - in a meeting, typing under the table clandestinly. Just discouraged, today. It's been a long 3 1\2 months.(admissions woman was very sweet)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

beef wellington wrote:

Sorry your visit wasn't more productive. That info on the "other schools" section seems to be at odds with what Kim was told.

Yeah, that's weird, they told me the exact opposite. She said they use that pretty much for YP, she said it pretty straight out. Hm.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Im am IN at Fordham's PT program. Does anyone know what the makeup of the normal PT class is age-wise? If I go to Fordham I will be coming straight out of undergrad and was wondering if there are gonna be fellow young'ns there...

I'll be freshly 24 and in the PT program. There should be a few of us young'ns there...

But yeah, if you're 22 and just graduating, you'll certainly be in the minority. I don't think it really matters, though. You'll just have to hang out with the super cool 24 year olds!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Kim617 wrote:[
Yeah, that's weird, they told me the exact opposite. She said they use that pretty much for YP, she said it pretty straight out. Hm.

Yup, I found that to be pretty, pretty strange. Kim, did you apply to several higher-ranked schools? Is there a chance they are tailoring their answers to our apps? (Disclosure - I ONLY applied to Fordham.)

Man, I am not getting a positive feeling about this.
:|

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Kim617 wrote:[

Yup, I found that to be pretty, pretty strange. Kim, did you apply to several higher-ranked schools? Is there a chance they are tailoring their answers to our apps? (Disclosure - I ONLY applied to Fordham.)

Man, I am not getting a positive feeling about this.
:|

Don't worry, Ny. This is you in 2 days:

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”