Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am

Good morning, y'all!

February is almost over?! Good lord.

fjk88
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby fjk88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

nygrrrl wrote:TUESDAY!!!!
Ya, I don't have much more than that, today.
SO.... out of curiosity, how many of us are still in limbo? (i.e., not WL'd - just haven't heard anything)
I know me, Goosey, Cherries... I've lost track.

Oh, and Goosey - I'm sorry! I was out late at a work thing. KNOCK 'EM DEAD, TODAY! :mrgreen:


I am as well. Complete on 1/29 and not a peep since.

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby timertimer61 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 am

how does everyone feel about the new NLJ250 statistics??
fordham was ranked 22nd with 29.4% going into NLJ250

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:TUESDAY!!!!
Ya, I don't have much more than that, today.
SO.... out of curiosity, how many of us are still in limbo? (i.e., not WL'd - just haven't heard anything)
I know me, Goosey, Cherries... I've lost track.

Oh, and Goosey - I'm sorry! I was out late at a work thing. KNOCK 'EM DEAD, TODAY! :mrgreen:

I'm still around, 12/29, FT.


+1

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks all of the Dec/Jan posters for filling me in.
I believe I'm the only 11/16 left standing (who didn't retake the LSAT)....
How bizarre.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am

timertimer61 wrote:how does everyone feel about the new NLJ250 statistics??
fordham was ranked 22nd with 29.4% going into NLJ250


I didn't ever know the old ones... but the new ones seem pretty decent to me, especially since I don't want big law. good to know that if I go to Fordham it'll still be a decent option, though.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 am

Just something I thought of: How many people do you think wait to the last minute to submit apps to law schools? It seems like most people are in by January at the latest.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

nygrrrl wrote:Thanks all of the Dec/Jan posters for filling me in.
I believe I'm the only 11/16 left standing (who didn't retake the LSAT)....
How bizarre.


That's true...I don't remember, did you say you tried calling to just "check in" and see how things were going?

If not, may not hurt to just call and say "Hey just wanted to make sure everything got in correctly since my status checker is acting up" (blatant lying, but at least you'll know they didn't lose everything)

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 am

even2flow wrote: may not hurt to just call and say "Hey just wanted to make sure everything got in correctly since my status checker is acting up" (blatant lying, but at least you'll know they didn't lose everything)

Love the way your mind works.
Actually, think I'll just stop by the office today and ask. Seems a bit peculiar...

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby fitzgerald86 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

I've been complete since 1/12. PT program, 165/3.54. I admire those of you who have waited (or did wait) so long, since my much shorter wait is already driving me bonkers!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote: may not hurt to just call and say "Hey just wanted to make sure everything got in correctly since my status checker is acting up" (blatant lying, but at least you'll know they didn't lose everything)

Love the way your mind works.
Actually, think I'll just stop by the office today and ask. Seems a bit peculiar...


Ooh be sure to update us!!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote: may not hurt to just call and say "Hey just wanted to make sure everything got in correctly since my status checker is acting up" (blatant lying, but at least you'll know they didn't lose everything)

Love the way your mind works.
Actually, think I'll just stop by the office today and ask. Seems a bit peculiar...


Ooh be sure to update us!!

:lol:

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:32 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote: may not hurt to just call and say "Hey just wanted to make sure everything got in correctly since my status checker is acting up" (blatant lying, but at least you'll know they didn't lose everything)

Love the way your mind works.
Actually, think I'll just stop by the office today and ask. Seems a bit peculiar...


Ethical approach works too.

I've been sending them a basket of puppies every day, so if everyone looks happy, tell them it was me. If not...blame someone else.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:37 am

even2flow wrote:I've been sending them a basket of puppies every day, so if everyone looks happy, tell them it was me. If not...blame someone else.

Puppies, ribbons... you've covered all the bases.
You're good, Even2. You're very, very good.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:I've been sending them a basket of puppies every day, so if everyone looks happy, tell them it was me. If not...blame someone else.

Puppies, ribbons... you've covered all the bases.
You're good, Even2. You're very, very good.


My dream law school looks a little something like a Chuck E. Cheese.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 am

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:I've been sending them a basket of puppies every day, so if everyone looks happy, tell them it was me. If not...blame someone else.

Puppies, ribbons... you've covered all the bases.
You're good, Even2. You're very, very good.


My dream law school looks a little something like a Chuck E. Cheese.

ROFLMAO - peanuts on the floor, loud arcade games and parents having fist fights, in the parking lot?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:I've been sending them a basket of puppies every day, so if everyone looks happy, tell them it was me. If not...blame someone else.

Puppies, ribbons... you've covered all the bases.
You're good, Even2. You're very, very good.


My dream law school looks a little something like a Chuck E. Cheese.

ROFLMAO - peanuts on the floor, loud arcade games and parents having fist fights, in the parking lot?


I kinda wanna take my classes in a ball pit. And instead of grades get tickets to buy prizes.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 am

even2flow wrote:
I kinda wanna take my classes in a ball pit. And instead of grades get tickets to buy prizes.

I want to go to law school with YOU

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

[quote="even2flow']
I kinda wanna take my classes in a ball pit. And instead of grades get tickets to buy prizes.[/quote]

Can someone teach me to share photos so I can show you the ballpit made out of balloons that we made in my common room freshman year?

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:
I kinda wanna take my classes in a ball pit. And instead of grades get tickets to buy prizes.

I want to go to law school with YOU


Hahah, it WILL (note the optimistic tone) be a good time.

LaurenGayle wrote:Can someone teach me to share photos so I can show you the ballpit made out of balloons that we made in my common room freshman year?


If you have it uploaded to facebook, just right click, click copy image location, then paste the address, highlight it in the text, and click image in the message body.

User avatar
Columbia Law
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Columbia Law » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

xxx
Last edited by Columbia Law on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 am

even2flow wrote:
If you have it uploaded to facebook, just right click, click copy image location, then paste the address, highlight it in the text, and click image in the message body.


Thanks! (PS this pic is 8 million years old)

--ImageRemoved--

...........and I'm not sure its working haha

edit: it's not. Bummer. You will just have to imagine the fun balloons can bring to a common room ;-)

edit x 2: Thanks Even2!
Last edited by LaurenGayle on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Columbia Law wrote:Just to let you all know, my brother has a 166 and he has 4 friends with 169 or above/ 3.7 and above, who are yet to hear back. They are all 100% sold on Fordham.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be encouraging or discouraging. :?

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:17 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Columbia Law wrote:Just to let you all know, my brother has a 166 and he has 4 friends with 169 or above/ 3.7 and above, who are yet to hear back. They are all 100% sold on Fordham.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be encouraging or discouraging. :?


Yeah I don't know what to make of that.


In other news, I've got my Kaplan audition tonight, which if goes well, will hopefully help if I have to take the test again and reapply next year.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:it's not. Bummer. You will just have to imagine the fun balloons can bring to a common room ;-)


PM'd

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:In other news, I've got my Kaplan audition tonight, which if goes well, will hopefully help if I have to take the test again and reapply next year.


Audition to teach the LSAT?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”