Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kim617

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So I visited today. The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday. I guess it helps to visit. We'll see.
How did everything go? Did you like the campus? So much for not checking your status checker for Lent...
You know, it was different than I expected. I think the inside looks a lot better than the outside. The people seemed really nice and the classrooms looked comfortable, which is important. The library looked small-ish, but I didn't see the whole thing, so I really can't comment on that too much.

The admissions people were very helpful. I asked her the average time to hear back from your complete date and she said a max of 8 weeks. So I was told her how I'd been complete for about 10-11 weeks and she took my name and immediately went and checked my application. She came back about 15 minutes later and said that I would have a decision no later than Monday. She also said that it was good to put my name with a face, which I'm wondering whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing. She also said that when we go there and visit, and talk to admissions counselors, that they definitely remember you and it does make an impact. She gave me her card and said if I don't find out by Monday that I should call. She was really great.

One thing she did say is that they do sort of practice YP. She said that that question about where else you've applied does impact their decision in the sense that if you applied to 30 schools, then maybe you're not so interested in Fordham, which is fair. She also mentioned that higher numbers don't necessarily mean admission because they do tend to doubt your interest in Fordham.

I also asked about scholarships and she said that scholarships only really get offered to those who have numbers at about 3.7/167, and that they were still offering scholarships.

So anyway, I'll guess I'll cheat on Monday! LOL God will forgive me, I think.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

andreea7 wrote:Any advice to impart regarding the visit at Fordham? I haven't yet visited any of the schools though I am in New York. I was thinking though to take some time off from work and do that. Did you need to make an appointment ahead of time?
I made an appointment, but they never checked my ID or anything, and it didn't seem necessary. There is a schedule for tours on the website. One thing-- don't wear heels on the tour! I was in a situation where I had to wear heels, but we walked up and down steps the entire time LOL

The tour definitely made my decision a little more clear.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So I visited today. The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday. I guess it helps to visit. We'll see.
wow, that's great, kim! i'm thinking about visiting now...
You definitely should. It definitely made the idea of Fordham a more real picture of the school. Plus, the admissions counselor said it definitely helps, but they don't tell people because they don't want to be bombarded... Oops.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
You definitely should. It definitely made the idea of Fordham a more real picture of the school. Plus, the admissions counselor said it definitely helps, but they don't tell people because they don't want to be bombarded... Oops.
thanks, kim. your above posts about your experience today are so helpful! i'm going to call admissions tomorrow and try to set something up. and don't worry- i won't tell anyone!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
thanks, kim. your above posts about your experience today are so helpful! i'm going to call admissions tomorrow and try to set something up. and don't worry- i won't tell anyone!
Good luck, Hannah! It's so funny, because after looking at my file, she came in and said in front of everyone that I'd know by Monday. And everyone was like "OMG START FREAKING OUT!" I was like um, I'm okay, thanks. I'm just ready to know!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

J Burrito

Bronze

Post by J Burrito » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Ok, I was waitlisted in the 2/11 bunch and I thought someone on here said I would be receiving something in the mail asking if I would like to stay on the waitlist. Is this true? I have been super busy and haven't been able to keep up with this thread (I swear its like 10 pages longer each time I look). Any info is great. I am considering sending a LOCI and I just want to know if I should just send it off or if I should wait for this supposed letter. Thanks everyone!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 pm

J Burrito wrote:Ok, I was waitlisted in the 2/11 bunch and I thought someone on here said I would be receiving something in the mail asking if I would like to stay on the waitlist. Is this true? I have been super busy and haven't been able to keep up with this thread (I swear its like 10 pages longer each time I look). Any info is great. I am considering sending a LOCI and I just want to know if I should just send it off or if I should wait for this supposed letter. Thanks everyone!
I was WL'ed 12/2 and the form was dated 12/21. Don't know exactly when it showed up because I was out of town.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Withdrawn. Hopefully one of you get my spot and scholarship money.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:35 pm

So I thought I had NO chance, and probably still don't, but I didn't want to be left with the "what if?" in the back of my mind so I just applied...I would REALLY like to go, but HIGHLY doubt it this late in the game. Should I write something to the ad com explaining a more detailed interest or no? thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stellar

New

Post by Stellar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 am

Yet another reason Fordham > NYU.

http://deadspin.com/5477230/nyu-busines ... il-flaming

Edit: Or maybe it makes us worse.... hmm... (0:

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:10 am

Stellar wrote:Yet another reason Fordham > NYU.

http://deadspin.com/5477230/nyu-busines ... il-flaming
Are you serious? LOL, I LOVE this professor. I have no idea who he is (don't go to NYU) but he's hilarious... and accurate.

And he's a Stern's NYU professor. Probably went to Yale or Harvard. The pretentiousness is expected from people like this. :mrgreen:

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:18 am

anyone want to critique my loci?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

goosey wrote:anyone want to critique my loci?
IT'S FANTASTIC - PRINT, SIGN, CARRY IN. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am

nygrrrl wrote:

hahah thank you!
my brother thinks I need to say more about fordham :| now im confused

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:53 am

goosey wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

hahah thank you!
Guess it depends how much you said in your PS. KWIM?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 am

nygrrrl wrote:
goosey wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

hahah thank you!
Guess it depends how much you said in your PS. KWIM?

I didnt really say anything specific about fordham and didnt write a why fordham essay either

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

goosey wrote:
I didnt really say anything specific about fordham and didnt write a why fordham essay either
Then what DID you write? lol... I'm confused!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 am

cherryalamode wrote:
goosey wrote:

updat eon my life

nygrrrl are u thereee I re-wrote it! put some fordham love into it! i need a proof-read asap..Im delivering it tomorrow. any takerssss??

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 am

goosey wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
goosey wrote:

updat eon my life

nygrrrl are u thereee I re-wrote it! put some fordham love into it! i need a proof-read asap..Im delivering it tomorrow. any takerssss??
How long is your LOCI? And single or double spaced?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 am

cherryalamode wrote:
goosey wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:
goosey wrote:

updat eon my life

How long is your LOCI? And single or double spaced?

hmm..i wrote it on gmail so dont know about spacing yet hahah. Likely one page. I dont think letters get double spaced..? do they?

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 am

I dunno. Ken said it's fine. :?

Wait nevermind, lol. I thought you were asking about single spaces.

Yes, it should be single spaced. I just haven't officially written a LOCI yet lol. I really need to...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am

TUESDAY!!!!
Ya, I don't have much more than that, today.
SO.... out of curiosity, how many of us are still in limbo? (i.e., not WL'd - just haven't heard anything)
I know me, Goosey, Cherries... I've lost track.

Oh, and Goosey - I'm sorry! I was out late at a work thing. KNOCK 'EM DEAD, TODAY! :mrgreen:

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 am

nygrrrl wrote:TUESDAY!!!!
SO.... out of curiosity, how many of us are still in limbo? (i.e., not WL'd - just haven't heard anything)

Oh, and Goosey - I'm sorry! I was out late at a work thing. KNOCK 'EM DEAD, TODAY! :mrgreen:
Me... but I was only complete on 1/29. A total newbie.

Clive1

New

Post by Clive1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am

1/29 here too.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 am

nygrrrl wrote:TUESDAY!!!!

I'm still around, 12/29, FT.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”