Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby hannah87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Kim617 wrote:So I visited today. The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday. I guess it helps to visit. We'll see.

wow, that's great, kim! i'm thinking about visiting now...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So I visited today. The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday. I guess it helps to visit. We'll see.

wow, that's great, kim! i'm thinking about visiting now...

You know Hannah, I already visited/toured but I think I may have to drop in again, this week... Look at the thread! All fired up, for the end of February! W00t.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

:D woohoo!!! just think about what this thread will be like on monday when kim hears...nygrrrl, i sincerely hope you hear by monday, too!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Kim617 wrote:The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday.

I don't know whether to be amped, or horrified at this. Now I just feel confused and hungry.

Further, I think I'd rather have the optimistic idea of waiting instead of the grim possibility of getting shut out.

Ugh, now I've gone and depressed myself, and it's only Monday. I don't think I had enough sugar at lunch.

Edit for clarification - I meant my own possibility of getting shut out, I have very strong belief in the rest of you, sorry for the confusion. My self-esteem is struggling at best. :mrgreen:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:26 pm

even2flow wrote:I don't know whether to be amped, or horrified at this. Now I just feel confused and hungry.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

even2flow wrote:
Kim617 wrote:The admissions office looked up my file and told me that I'd have a final decision no later than Monday.

I don't know whether to be amped, or horrified at this. Now I just feel confused and hungry.

Further, I think I'd rather have the optimistic idea of waiting instead of the grim possibility of getting shut out.

Ugh, now I've gone and depressed myself, and it's only Monday. I don't think I had enough sugar at lunch.

Edit for clarification - I meant my own possibility of getting shut out, I have very strong belief in the rest of you, sorry for the confusion. My self-esteem is struggling at best. :mrgreen:

but today is monday. do they mean next?

EEEEP. Maybe it's time to start harrassing the admissions committee. what if they don't like me? what if they don't think I'm good enough? what if they think I'm TOO good? what if they hate splitters? what if I'm screwed???????

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Ah Kim, my fellow 12/9er. That's good news for me too, I hope!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

EEEEP. Maybe it's time to start harrassing the admissions committee. what if they don't like me? what if they don't think I'm good enough? what if they think I'm TOO good? what if they hate splitters? what if I'm screwed???????

even2flow and sibley: i say we try to relax and breathe until monday. sounds nice right?

...if only i could stop obsessively checking this thread/lsn updates/status checker for an entire week!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

sibley wrote:EEEEP. Maybe it's time to start harrassing the admissions committee.

Paper bags, dog poop, lighters. Got it.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 pm

chutzpah wrote:

As an 11/16er I just...
I just am at a loss for words.
*bangs head repeatedly against the floor*

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Someone on here mentioned that they will not start looking at waitlisted applicants again until April, so I guess this is the end of my Fordham journey. I'm still not sure how I can get 25K a year from BU, and 30K a year from GW, and not even get into Fordham. I considered all three of these schools to be very equal peer institutions, each representing a different city. I figured that my outcome at one would reflect the outcome at the other 2. I live just 45 minutes from NYC, and had a very strong interest in Fordham (wrote "Why Fordham" as well as LOCI). Really is a shame.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:39 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
chutzpah wrote:

As an 11/16er I just...

Maybe your app is just so good that they don't want to let it go. Like every morning they come in and flip through and it brightens their day.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:41 pm

chutzpah wrote:Maybe your app is just so good that they don't want to let it go. Like every morning they come in and flip through and it brightens their day.

That's why I included glitter, ribbons, and headshots in mine.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 pm

chutzpah wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
chutzpah wrote:

As an 11/16er I just...

Maybe your app is just so good that they don't want to let it go. Like every morning they come in and flip through and it brightens their day.

Alternatively, the just really really need that morning GUFFAW. :(

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 pm

even2flow wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Maybe your app is just so good that they don't want to let it go. Like every morning they come in and flip through and it brightens their day.

That's why I included glitter, ribbons, and headshots in mine.

Dammit. I forgot ribbons. Well done - TITCR

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:03 pm

fordhams deadline is march 1?

::tremble::

so form 11/16ers, theres me, nygrrrl, and pennypacker--anyone else??

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm

goosey wrote:fordhams deadline is march 1?

Well technically I was only a 11/16er for my FT app, which was denied in early dec. For my evening app, i'm somewhere in the middle of december for complete. I have no idea when they'll look at mine.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Well technically I was only a 11/16er for my FT app, which was denied in early dec. For my evening app, i'm somewhere in the middle of december for complete. I have no idea when they'll look at mine.

ooh wow.
good luck!

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah, they stop accepting apps March 1. I can't believe that's next week.

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

rockthelaw wrote:

Yeah, they stop accepting apps March 1. I can't believe that's next week.

yeah. wow this cycle is winding down--hard to believe.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I don't even know why Fordham keeps their app deadline as 3/1 instead of 2/1....

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 pm

cherryalamode wrote:I don't even know why Fordham keeps their app deadline as 3/1 instead of 2/1....

Good question...we'd all have decisions a lot earlier if 2/1 were the deadline, at least theoretically.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 pm

chutzpah wrote:

I'm also 12/9! We'll see, I guess.

andreea7

Postby andreea7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Any advice to impart regarding the visit at Fordham? I haven't yet visited any of the schools though I am in New York. I was thinking though to take some time off from work and do that. Did you need to make an appointment ahead of time?

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm

So has anyone heard anything about scholarships? Or are they out of the question at Fordham? (I heard they're broke.) I just checked out the tuition and expenses and it's looking to be around $196,000 over 3 years, so, yeah.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”