Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
even2flow

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:14 pm

So, I watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night and am now reading about time travel on Wikipedia.

That movie was pretty awesome, and this is proving a useful way to spend my day.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm

even2flow wrote:So, I watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night and am now reading about time travel on Wikipedia.

That movie was pretty awesome, and this is proving a useful way to spend my day.

Great flick. totally blew my mind the first time i saw it.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
even2flow wrote:So, I watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night and am now reading about time travel on Wikipedia.

I enjoyed it too, but I haven't seen it in probably 6 years (so my memories are a little fuzzy). Do you watch Lost?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

I enjoyed it too, but I haven't seen it in probably 6 years (so my memories are a little fuzzy). Do you watch Lost?

I'm watching season 5 of lost right now and dvring season 6. i am totally lost (pardon the unavoidable pun) but i'm still hooked.

newlaw77

Postby newlaw77 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

I'm watching season 5 of lost right now and dvring season 6. i am totally lost (pardon the unavoidable pun) but i'm still hooked.

Weird, I am doing the exact same thing. I'm on episode 5 of season 5 after taking a two year hiatus from the show. I'm falling back in love with it.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Yeah I'm dissapointed in myself for waitnig this long to see it, something about the cover and the name of the movie kinda turned me off towards it, but it was great. I'm thinkin about buying it so I can watch it again soon, see what I missed the first go around.

Plus I have I Heart Huckabees coming on Netflix next and I've wanted to see that for a while.

LaurenGayle wrote:I enjoyed it too, but I haven't seen it in probably 6 years (so my memories are a little fuzzy). Do you watch Lost?

F'ing love Lost. Maknig my way back through Season 2 as we speak.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:28 pm

newlaw77 wrote:Weird, I am doing the exact same thing. I'm on episode 5 of season 5 after taking a two year hiatus from the show. I'm falling back in love with it.

Yeah I'm on episode 10 and more stuff is being explained as the season goes on, which is nice, cause I had totally forgotten how everyone had gotten to where they were when the season started.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:29 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:I enjoyed it too, but I haven't seen it in probably 6 years (so my memories are a little fuzzy). Do you watch Lost?

F'ing love Lost. Maknig my way back through Season 2 as we speak.

Such a great show. I'm guessing you are also watching Season 6 as it airs? LOVED this weeks episode.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

even2flow wrote:Yeah I'm dissapointed in myself for waitnig this long to see it, something about the cover and the name of the movie kinda turned me off towards it, but it was great. I'm thinkin about buying it so I can watch it again soon, see what I missed the first go around.

The third time I watched "Donnie," I let myself enjoy the movie instead of analyzing the weirdness. I fell in love with the scene where the camera shows the hall of the school with "Head Over Heals" playing. It framed the rest of the movie as a dark comedy for me.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:39 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:Such a great show. I'm guessing you are also watching Season 6 as it airs? LOVED this weeks episode.

It's the fastest hour I spend each week. Which is frustrating because this is the first time I'm watching it real time (I watched the entire series up through the end of S5 last year on DVD) and every time they do something that's like 'REVELATION and dramatic music...LOST' and the credits roll I'm just like "GODDAMMIT!" Especially this last week.

Then I waste hours per day reading and speculating on the internet.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

rockthelaw wrote:The third time I watched "Donnie," I let myself enjoy the movie instead of analyzing the weirdness. I fell in love with the scene where the camera shows the hall of the school with "Head Over Heals" playing. It framed the rest of the movie as a dark comedy for me.

I can't remember any specific lines or instances, but there were definitely several times when I laughed hard at what was going on.

Another dark comedy that took 2 or 3 views to realize how funny it was: American Psycho. I watched it that particular time with a girl I was seeing and she never really liked me as much after I laughed at really inappropriate moments. Like running naked down a hallway wearing only blood and Nike high tops. C'mon, that's funny.

Edit - saying that might make me the pariah of this thread.
Last edited by even2flow on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Withdrawing from the WL and going to GW. Good luck all.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:43 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Such a great show. I'm guessing you are also watching Season 6 as it airs? LOVED this weeks episode.

It's the fastest hour I spend each week. Which is frustrating because this is the first time I'm watching it real time (I watched the entire series up through the end of S5 last year on DVD) and every time they do something that's like 'REVELATION and dramatic music...LOST' and the credits roll I'm just like "GODDAMMIT!" Especially this last week.

Then I waste hours per day reading and speculating on the internet.

Yeah, I watched the first 4 seasons on DVD and had the same problem last year. Now about 6-8 of us watch it together every week, so we have time to speculate during commercials and after it is over.

Got my parents hooked this past Christmas, and they somehow watched all 5 seasons by the week season 6 premiered. These are people with pretty time consuming jobs...I was impressed.

I also spend quite a bit of time on Wednesday reading articles -- even the 7 page Doc Jensen ones haha.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Last edited by LaurenGayle on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:Yeah, I watched the first 4 seasons on DVD and had the same problem last year. Now about 6-8 of us watch it together every week, so we have time to speculate during commercials and after it is over.

Got my parents hooked this past Christmas, and they somehow watched all 5 seasons by the week season 6 premiered. These are people with pretty time consuming jobs...I was impressed.

I also spend quite a bit of time on Wednesday reading articles -- even the 7 page Doc Jensen ones haha.

Oh my god I had no idea that existed. I love you for just providing me with hours more entertainment.

I only have a few friends that are into the show, and only 1 is local, so in an effort to avoid bro date night we watch it separately then gush about it after.

yeah, I said 'gush' because that's the closest word I can use to describe it.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Aw I missed something =(
oh well. I'll comment anyway.

I started Lost this winter! I saw every single episode and am fully caught up, though I feel the currently airing episodes to be a bit thin in plot/action... maybe because in the past I got to watch them all one after another.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

sibley wrote:Aw I missed something =(
oh well. I'll comment anyway.

I started Lost this winter! I saw every single episode and am fully caught up, though I feel the currently airing episodes to be a bit thin in plot/action... maybe because in the past I got to watch them all one after another.

Yeah when I was watching them I would do it in like 3+ hour blocks while I was moving in over the summer. Makes organizing a dresser much less annoying.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Yeah, I watched the first 4 seasons on DVD and had the same problem last year. Now about 6-8 of us watch it together every week, so we have time to speculate during commercials and after it is over.

Oh my god I had no idea that existed. I love you for just providing me with hours more entertainment.

I only have a few friends that are into the show, and only 1 is local, so in an effort to avoid bro date night we watch it separately then gush about it after.

You're welcome. He's a little crazy sometimes, but always entertaining.

My boyfriend wants to name our first child Benjamin Linus. I might let it happen.
Just joking. Probably.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:55 pm

even2flow wrote:

Lost is amazing. I always have to call my friend, though, so he can point out whatever I didn't catch, like random characters from three seasons ago. Then I read the lost diary (thelostdiary.com!). I think this week's episode was really good, which was really necessary after last week and the previous week which were...weak to say the least.

BTW, I thought Donnie Darko was funny, but it really creeped me out. I love the girl at the bus stop "CHUT UP!"

I think I'll spend the day watching my favorite old movies. Roman Holiday (since I will be spending my summer in Italy this year), Some Like it Hot, and maybe I'll throw in a new one that I haven't seen yet. We'll see.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Speaking of favorite movies...what are everyone's favorite movies?

Me: Caddyshack, Wet Hot American Summer, Dazed and Confused

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Kim617 wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Lost is amazing. I always have to call my friend, though, so he can point out whatever I didn't catch, like random characters from three seasons ago. Then I read the lost diary (thelostdiary.com!). I think this week's episode was really good, which was really necessary after last week and the previous week which were...weak to say the least.

BTW, I thought Donnie Darko was funny, but it really creeped me out. I love the girl at the bus stop "CHUT UP!"

I think I'll spend the day watching my favorite old movies. Roman Holiday (since I will be spending my summer in Italy this year), Some Like it Hot, and maybe I'll throw in a new one that I haven't seen yet. We'll see.

If you're hungry for more Italy movies, A Room with a View is great (I lived in Florence so its a nice trip down memory lane).

PS: I'm the biggest LOST fan in the world but this season is the worst one so far IMHO.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:00 pm

So i guess all this non-admissions chatter is evidence that Fordham moves at a snails pace. I would like to contribute to the meaningless banter by sharing an exchange I had over dinner last week:

Friend of family: " Hey, so I've been reading that Sarah Palin autobiography, it's pretty good...

Mom: " Oh cool! You know, I really like that Sarah Palin and the media gives her such harsh treatment. You know, if she was a Democrat she would have never received this kind of treatment."

Friend of family: " Oh I agree completely. This book is really eye opening and easy to read....."

Me: " Well now we know for sure that she actually wrote it! Let me guess, there are lots of pictures in it?"

Everyone at the table glares at me.

Yea,

I live with lots of Republicans.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:09 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:So i guess all this non-admissions chatter is evidence that Fordham moves at a snails pace. I would like to contribute to the meaningless banter by sharing an exchange I had over dinner last week:

Friend of family: " Hey, so I've been reading that Sarah Palin autobiography, it's pretty good...

Mom: " Oh cool! You know, I really like that Sarah Palin and the media gives her such harsh treatment. You know, if she was a Democrat she would have never received this kind of treatment."

Friend of family: " Oh I agree completely. This book is really eye opening and easy to read....."

Me: " Well now we know for sure that she actually wrote it! Let me guess, there are lots of pictures in it?"

Everyone at the table glares at me.

Yea,

I live with lots of Republicans.

lol people are so silly... why would they assume republicans would be any gentler toward her than the democrats were? they're the ones who said obama had a fake birth certificate and wasn't born in the us... a ridiculous reason for rejecting someone when mccain definitively wasn't born in the country...

I appreciate differing views, I just prefer them to hold steady, you know?

...incidentally I really wanted to go to her book signing here. My boyfriend refused and I only found out later that a few friends of mine went. I would have tagged along.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:My boyfriend wants to name our first child Benjamin Linus. I might let it happen.
Just joking. Probably.

Mine wants to go with Ethan. I'd be okay with it if it wasn't something like the 5th most popular name in the country.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”