Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockthelaw

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Not busy, just so freakin bored.

Though I did pass the morning by listening to the speeches at CPAC in DC this morning.

Oh boy...how were they?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

even2flow wrote:

Though I did pass the morning by listening to the speeches at CPAC in DC this morning.

More productive than me, I've been trolling facebook looking for a new profile picture.

=) earlier I had a good time fb stalking my bf's ex gf (she wrote on his wall! I couldn't help it!) and deciding she was less mature, intelligent, AND good looking than me. That was nice.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

More productive than me, I've been trolling facebook looking for a new profile picture.

=) earlier I had a good time fb stalking my bf's ex gf (she wrote on his wall! I couldn't help it!) and deciding she was less mature, intelligent, AND good looking than me. That was nice.

hahahaaha this made me laugh. :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 pm

even2flow wrote:sibley, we never clarified here...when can I expect my cookies? Nygrrrl has openly told me that she hates me and doesn't want to send me any.

By 'openly' of course I mean ignored my plea for free cookies :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I thought we were just in the middle of negotiating how many were with nuts, how many without!
:cry:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:59 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

EXCELLENT use of time.
LOVE that.
Those cookies look delicious. Did you send those to Fordham, too? hmmmm

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:EXCELLENT use of time.
LOVE that.

Nah, I'm not so worried about Fordham. It's a bribe for scholarships.

btw... you should try making your cookies this way! substitute 1/4 of the flour with whole wheat, use just the egg yolks not the whites, and substitute half your butter for cream cheese.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:07 pm

rockthelaw wrote:

Oh boy...how were they?

I thought most of them were very good, especially Marco Rubio's. I still don't understand the overwhelming applause Dick Cheney got, but I'm not going to dwell on it...

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Facebook is the most dangerous tool in any girlfriend's belt. My last gf stalked the hell out of my previous ex, who in turn stalked the hell out of my last gf (uhhh, ex gf1 stalked ex gf 2, and ex gf2 stalked ex gf 1, make more sense?)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

sibley wrote:
LOVE that.

btw... you should try making your cookies this way! substitute 1/4 of the flour with whole wheat, use just the egg yolks not the whites, and substitute half your butter for cream cheese.

Oooo.... I already do the whole wheat thing but the other two ideas sound great! Can I use light cream cheese or do you need the consistency of the regular?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sibley wrote:
LOVE that.

Oooo.... I already do the whole wheat thing but the other two ideas sound great! Can I use light cream cheese or do you need the consistency of the regular?

oh! no you're supposed to use light!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Facebook is the most dangerous tool in any girlfriend's belt. My last gf stalked the hell out of my previous ex, who in turn stalked the hell out of my last gf (uhhh, ex gf1 stalked ex gf 2, and ex gf2 stalked ex gf 1, make more sense?)

and hence all the ex's.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

sibley wrote:
and hence all the ex's.

Insanity's contagious? That or I'm adorable?

Speaking of which, just found my new facebook pic, sweet, that last hour was totally worth it.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

UGH...she wrote on his wall? desperate/lame. she sucks.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm

MissLucky wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

no it's okay. they dated in high school/years ago. there were two messages. "hey what's up?" and then something like "not much, going abroad for the semester." no big deal.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

sibley wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

no it's okay. they dated in high school/years ago. there were two messages. "hey what's up?" and then something like "not much, going abroad for the semester." no big deal.

ugh what a whore. :wink:

meanwhile, i've given up checking my status checker for fordham for lent. i'm not entirely sure if it counts though because i'll probably hear SOMETHING from fordham before lent is over. it's been a full 24 hours since i've checked my status checker so only 39 more days!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Kim617 wrote:ugh what a whore. :wink:

meanwhile, i've given up checking my status checker for fordham for lent. i'm not entirely sure if it counts though because i'll probably hear SOMETHING from fordham before lent is over. it's been a full 24 hours since i've checked my status checker so only 39 more days!

1) and yet, she's the only inspiration I have for going to the gym in this weather. must.be.hotter.than.ex. (really not that motivating. I go once-ish a week.)
2) you've got high hopes.. you think we'll actually hear in 39 days? when are deposits due?...

edited because I hate spelling errors
Last edited by sibley on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:ugh what a whore. :wink:

1) and yet, she's the only inspiration I have for going to the gym in this weather. must.be.hotter.than.ex.
2) you're got high hopes.. you think we'll actually hear in 39 days? when are deposits due?...

God willing it's before Easter. I can't take it!!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 pm

JUST FOUND $500 I didn't know I had!!!!

...my paychecks get split into two accounts and I usually transfer it all over to one... somehow missed one cycle. I'm suddenly so much less poor than I thought I was. I can afford a half of a new laptop!

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

sibley wrote:JUST FOUND $500 I didn't know I had!!!!

...my paychecks get split into two accounts and I usually transfer it all over to one... somehow missed one cycle. I'm suddenly so much less poor than I thought I was. I can afford a half of a new laptop!

Well, half of an Apple lapTTTop.

You could buy two netbooks and use the extra one as a netbook stand for the other.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

edit: I am stupid.
Last edited by td6624 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm

sibley wrote:JUST FOUND $500 I didn't know I had!!!!

OMG I'M SO JEALOUS! That's the best feeling ever. I go nuts when I find like 5 dollars shoved into one of my pockets, nevermind 500!

My laptop just committed suicide last week (I guess it couldn't handle the anxiety of waiting and status checkers), and I'm not getting a new one until graduation in May. Luckily my mom works in IT so they lent me one. An ultra-portable one too!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm

td6624 wrote:um

my status just updated to 2/18

does this mean anything???

UGH WHY DID I GIVE UP THE STATUS CHECKER FOR LENT?! I'm dying to check mine!

td6624

Postby td6624 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Kim617 wrote:

oh god no sorry i didn't edit fast enough!

it didn't update. chicago went from "Received" to "Complete" today. No movement on Fordham! I just got confused. so no worries!!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

td6624 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

oh god no sorry i didn't edit fast enough!

it didn't update. chicago went from "Received" to "Complete" today. No movement on Fordham! I just got confused. so no worries!!

haha don't worry i'm not expecting to hear anything from fordham anytime soon! it's my fault i shouldn't have given up something so integral to my life.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Kim617 wrote:

1) Great Satchmo, that is an option. But I'm doing okay between my laptop (which, incidentally Kim, occasionally dies of heat exhaustion) and my ipod touch. I really NEED a laptop that will let me play sims 3... at least until September. so I'll wait =P

2) I'm pretty sure what you give up for lent is supposed to be difficult! plus we can all help you out, even that meany who didn't give enough details right there. you know shabbos goys? we'll be your lent jews. even if we're not jewish. still stands.

edit: I just made my first ever bill payment by check! the rest go straight from my account. checks are very confusing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”