Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:03 pm

goosey wrote:do you guys think fordham adcomms read this thread?
that could be bad :shock: :oops:

I think some of us could very obviously be matched with our apps..

I've thought about that, Goosey.
I'm very obviously matched, I think... but you know, looking back over my comments I don't see anything
to be embarrassed about. I have tried to be a real cheerleader for this thread, I believe in us and in this school... Perhaps it's better to say nothing, but I have chosen to be a presence and have tried to do so in an honorable fashion!

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

JayCole wrote:So let's assume they don't give you any merit scholarship $.

You graduate with 180k in debt -- but with a great education and valuable degree.

Someone please tell me it's ok. Just don't lie to me.

Depends what you're looking for. In this economy, assuming OCI doesn't increase a lot by the time you interview, which it probably won't, it's not as easy as it used to be to get those160K jobs. Depends if that's what you want. OS is very happy b/c she is looking for PI and not BIGLAW....although getting a great PI job isn't that easy right now either.

All that being said, I took the gamble and if you can't get into NYU or Columbia there isn't a better school in NYC.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
goosey wrote:do you guys think fordham adcomms read this thread?
that could be bad :shock: :oops:

I think some of us could very obviously be matched with our apps..

I've thought about that, Goosey.
I'm very obviously matched, I think... but you know, looking back over my comments I don't see anything
to be embarrassed about. I have tried to be a real cheerleader for this thread, I believe in us and in this school... Perhaps it's better to say nothing, but I have chosen to be a presence and have tried to do so in an honorable fashion!

I have a definitive answer to that, because I was personally matched by Dean Brown. He claimed he did the matching after I was accepted, though. I specifically asked if he took the time to match people still being considered, and he said they were too swamped to do that, and basically that I was the exception, because I had made myself so obvious. It didn't hurt me, and DB seemed amused, if anything, by my involvement on TLS. I would avoid being a jerk on here, or bad mouthing the school, but no one in this thread would do that anyway.

There are worse things than being identified. It's honestly more of a concern that your future classmates will know. Because I'm not at all anonymous, I can't, say, open up a dialogue about my GPA. So far, people have been really positive, though. I was really surprised and gratified that people remembered me, and in my first week of school, strangers came up and introduced themselves properly. It sometimes seems like half the evening division has been on TLS.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 pm

I've thought a lot about Opera Soprano's experience (after all, I was one of those following her progress, last spring/summer!) and I decided that the odds were, no one from the Ad Comm would "see" me. As for fellow classmates...
Ya. That's a very real concern. But I think I'm good with it. I hope I've only offended a few people!

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

nygrrrl wrote:I've thought a lot about Opera Soprano's experience (after all, I was one of those following her progress, last spring/summer!) and I decided that the odds were, no one from the Ad Comm would "see" me. As for fellow classmates...
Ya. That's a very real concern. But I think I'm good with it. I hope I've only offended a few people!

im sure youve offended no one<3 after boo, im your biggest fan :D

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I've thought a lot about Opera Soprano's experience (after all, I was one of those following her progress, last spring/summer!) and I decided that the odds were, no one from the Ad Comm would "see" me. As for fellow classmates...

im sure youve offended no one<3 after boo, im your biggest fan :D

:oops: :oops: :oops:
<3

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 am

GOOD MORNING, Party People!
Happy Snow. I mean, Tuesday.
Will anything else happen, before March 1st?
Maybe some PT admissions? Who knows....
So let's get SAE's elephant jumping and have a good day!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 am

Good morning everyone. Here's to another week of decisions, good or bad. I'd rather know one way or the other so I can make a decision and move on.

The snow sure does make everything look nice.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 am

Snow's definitely nice. I think it's making me sleepy though. I keep looking out the window wishing I was back home in bed. Hopefully the admissions committee had a nice Vday and are feeling generous.

I spent single's awareness day in a bar eating burritos and drinking micro brew. It was probably the best Vday ever because I didn't spend it fighting with whoever I happened to be dating like on past Vdays :D Also it was cheaper.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Good morning, H.E.!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

even2flow wrote:Snow's definitely nice. I think it's making me sleepy though. I keep looking out the window wishing I was back home in bed. Hopefully the admissions committee had a nice Vday and are feeling generous.

I spent single's awareness day in a bar eating burritos and drinking micro brew. It was probably the best Vday ever because I didn't spend it fighting with whoever I happened to be dating like on past Vdays :D Also it was cheaper.

Wow.
That sounds like an awesome way to spend the day. Next year, can I do that while you take my kids skating and stuff them with chocolate hearts?
:mrgreen:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

nygrrrl wrote:Wow.
That sounds like an awesome way to spend the day. Next year, can I do that while you take my kids skating and stuff them with chocolate hearts?
:mrgreen:

For some odd reason, kids typically love me. So, deal.

I accept the following forms of currency:
-Cash
-Chocolate Chip Cookies

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

even2flow wrote:I spent single's awareness day in a bar eating burritos and drinking micro brew.

Chipotle?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 am

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:I spent single's awareness day in a bar eating burritos and drinking micro brew.

Chipotle?

Nah, there's an awesome bar down the street from my apt. with like 100+ beers on tap and really good Mexican food. We got two towers of beer (they're literally called towers) and ate until my pants didn't fit so great.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 am

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:

Chipotle?

Nah, there's an awesome bar down the street from my apt. with like 100+ beers on tap and really good Mexican food. We got two towers of beer (they're literally called towers) and ate until my pants didn't fit so great.

Dying, here.
Cash AND chocolate chip cookies. Do you like them with pecans? I can do that....

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

nygrrrl wrote:Dying, here.
Cash AND chocolate chip cookies. Do you like them with pecans? I can do that....

Wow, both? That sounds delicious, how do you feel about making a mixed batch? Half pecan, half regular? I have a soft spot for traditional chocolate chip cookies.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 am

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Dying, here.

Wow, both? That sounds delicious, how do you feel about making a mixed batch? Half pecan, half regular? I have a soft spot for traditional chocolate chip cookies.

Deal.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Sup, dudes.

For anyone on the waitlist: In my latest communication with the admissions office, I learned that the adcomms won't be looking at waitlist candidates until April 15th at the earliest. This is the day when seat deposits are due for accepted students.

My guess is that anyone who was already accepted off the waitlist was either originally miscoded and should have been an admit, or URM.

Anyway, hope that helps. When I talked to the adcomms in December, they said they would start looking between March and April, so this news changes my mindset, that is, I can chill and not worry for a bit.

But honestly, I'll sweat bullets for the next 2-5 months anyway :shock:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Bummer. But most of us have been waiting since mid-novemeber anyway so what's another 2 months? It really doesn't seem that long ago that I sent my apps out.

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 pm

hello everyone! This snow is rather yucky outside. Its not pretty, white snow. Its gross brown, wet snow. No fun.

Every now and then, I wonder what I will do if I get rejected one of these days :-/ not a good feeling :(

Anyway, good luck to everyone! I feel like we are all at battle together or something. My morale is still suffering from the loss of alanshore.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm

rockthelaw wrote:Sup, dudes.

For anyone on the waitlist: In my latest communication with the admissions office, I learned that the adcomms won't be looking at waitlist candidates until April 15th at the earliest. This is the day when seat deposits are due for accepted students.

My guess is that anyone who was already accepted off the waitlist was either originally miscoded and should have been an admit, or URM.

Anyway, hope that helps. When I talked to the adcomms in December, they said they would start looking between March and April, so this news changes my mindset, that is, I can chill and not worry for a bit.

But honestly, I'll sweat bullets for the next 2-5 months anyway :shock:

Guess I'd better start begging them to let me save tuition deposits elsewhere now...maybe I'll get some movement by 15 April.

softey

Postby softey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Complete since 12/29. No movement. Should I be concerned?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

softey wrote:Complete since 12/29. No movement. Should I be concerned?

+1. and no, i don't think so. very few people with our complete date have heard anything.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

No that sounds about right. There were some people from early Dec that heard last week, so you may be on deck...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:01 pm

hannah87 wrote:

+1. and no, i don't think so. very few people with our complete date have heard anything.

Yeah, I've been complete since 12/9, and I think they got to SOME 12/9ers last week, so we'll see.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”