Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Also, tried to post earlier but don't think it went through...
SAE, Lolek - i'm so sorry. As Alan said, a dark day for our little thread.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Also, tried to post earlier but don't think it went through...
SAE, Lolek - i'm so sorry. As Alan said, a dark day for our little thread.

when did you go complete? dec like them? if so, there's still hope...

Lolek

New

Post by Lolek » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'm FT.

This is brutal. If they're only on checking December so far, what was this long wait about? Not good.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Another wl'er as of this morning:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/pertristis

Anyone wanna call yp?

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

AlanShore wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Yeah this a total bummer. Nygrrrl, anything????
ZILCH - but if Lolek is WL, I probably will be, too. Freaking out, more than a little.
lolek isnt ft?
He is, but I just have a feeling...and I went complete 11\16

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm

SAE wrote:Another wl'er as of this morning:

Anyone wanna call yp?

holy COW.

Fordham isn't thinking straight. Maybe that guy can get into a lot better schools than Fordham.. .but not in NY. They're definitely the best I can get into in NY.... I hope they take that into account...

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm

im so confused.

scarletbegonias

New

Post by scarletbegonias » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

WL, 163/3.86.

whatever, this is almost better than seeing Application Complete 12/1 AGAIN. Looks like it's GW for me!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Yes, those numbers are surprising, but those are just a part of the application. Who knows what else may have been in the application that could have influenced that decision.

Though it does seem likely that it is a YP, even if they say that they don't do it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 pm

scarletbegonias wrote:WL, 163/3.86.

whatever, this is almost better than seeing Application Complete 12/1 AGAIN. Looks like it's GW for me!

did they give you money? they didn't give me any money. I'm disappointed.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:14 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Though it does seem likely that it is a YP, even if they say that they don't do it.
:D I don't this anyone would ever come out with this.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone wanna call yp?
I find it odd that none of the other decisions have come through there.

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Is anybody else who was waitlisted today not really disappointed at all? It isn't even that I "don't care about Fordham" or anything like that. I would be psyched to go to Fordham if it's where I ended up. It's just that I was thinking that a waitlist was the best I could hope for this cycle. Fordham has always been competitive, but this year especially it seems like straight acceptances, without a WL, are only going to auto admit applicants. A waitlist seems to indicate that I have competitive numbers for the school and there were no huge flaws in my application. Hooray!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 pm

td6624 wrote:

Anyone wanna call yp?
I find it odd that none of the other decisions have come through there.
?

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Neil wrote:Is anybody else who was waitlisted today not really disappointed at all? It isn't even that I "don't care about Fordham" or anything like that. I would be psyched to go to Fordham if it's where I ended up. It's just that I was thinking that a waitlist was the best I could hope for this cycle. Fordham has always been competitive, but this year especially it seems like straight acceptances, without a WL, are only going to auto admit applicants. A waitlist seems to indicate that I have competitive numbers for the school and there were no huge flaws in my application. Hooray!
TITCR

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 pm

I just wanted to give you an idea of why I'm on this thread so much while I'm at work:

I work 9-5:30 with a half hour lunch. Here is my schedule:

Got in late.
9:08-9:15 logged into systems, checked inboxes, set up programs for work
9:15-9:20 used office im to chat with a friend
9:20-9:33 did 10 things off of someone else's list (I told her I'd take over for her yesterday)
9:35-9:57 did 24 things off of her list
9:58-11:38 browsed internet, put hours from yesterday into system
11:38-11:41 did 2 product return labels
11:48-12:02 did 5 more returns
12:02-12:06 went online
12:06-12:06 looked up and rejected case

the end. now I'll go on 'lunch'

scarletbegonias

New

Post by scarletbegonias » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm

sibley wrote:
scarletbegonias wrote:WL, 163/3.86.

did they give you money? they didn't give me any money. I'm disappointed.
no :(
I'm still hoping for some later though...but it's probably unlikely with my numbers? I was going to write them a letter (begging for money a la homeless person) but I heard they don't negotiate aid and possibly redistibute later. So haven't lost hope yet! (Sorry for this GW talk hijacking the Fordham thread)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Sorry to all those who've been waitlisted. But at least a Fordham waitlist is a legitimate chance at admission, it's not a soft reject like some schools.

Ugh, I would love to just hear something. I've only heard from two of my schools, one of them because I was on the priority track. This is absolutely ridiculous.

muggie

New

Post by muggie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Just got WL too... I'm guessing YP? Oh well!

Lolek

New

Post by Lolek » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Neil wrote:Is anybody else who was waitlisted today not really disappointed at all? It isn't even that I "don't care about Fordham" or anything like that. I would be psyched to go to Fordham if it's where I ended up. It's just that I was thinking that a waitlist was the best I could hope for this cycle. Fordham has always been competitive, but this year especially it seems like straight acceptances, without a WL, are only going to auto admit applicants. A waitlist seems to indicate that I have competitive numbers for the school and there were no huge flaws in my application. Hooray!
I waited almost 3 months to be put on the waitlist. I know they run deep into their waitlist and it's nowhere near the end of the world or anything, but logging in and seeing that is a pain in the ass. This long wait had me geared toward being accepted, not waitlisted. If I was going to get waitlisted, I thought it'd be much sooner, not this late in the game after my original application date.

I want to go to Fordham, it's my only choice and I made that clear on my application. Being WL does not upset me, but its bothersome, especially due to the fact your wait now to get a concrete decision is expanded into what seems like eternity.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 pm

I was waitlisted back in december and finally opened the letter. I guess i need to mail something into fordham? I'm kind of meh now, because i'm not willing to pay full freight. If i don't respond am i just considered to have withdrawn?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Oban wrote:I was waitlisted back in december and finally opened the letter. I guess i need to mail something into fordham? I'm kind of meh now, because i'm not willing to pay full freight. If i don't respond am i just considered to have withdrawn?
Probably, but you should respond and withdraw if you're going to do that - I think it's considered to be in bad form to ignore any application

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Oban wrote:If i don't respond am i just considered to have withdrawn?
Pretty safe assumption, imo.

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Lolek wrote:
I waited almost 3 months to be put on the waitlist. I know they run deep into their waitlist and it's nowhere near the end of the world or anything, but logging in and seeing that is a pain in the ass. This long wait had me geared toward being accepted, not waitlisted. If I was going to get waitlisted, I thought it'd be much sooner, not this late in the game after my original application date.

I want to go to Fordham, it's my only choice and I made that clear on my application. Being WL does not upset me, but its bothersome, especially due to the fact your wait now to get a concrete decision is expanded into what seems like eternity.
Yeah, I hear you. I can see how it would be pretty frustrating, especially if you're dead set on NYC and Fordham is your best realistic option. Your numbers are also better suited for Fordham than mine are, so a straight acceptance was somewhat more likely. It just seems to really be a numbers game the first time around. If you have auto admit numbers they admit you, auto ding numbers they reject you, and anything in the middle they waitlist you. Then, if you show genuine interest after you've been waitlisted, they'll start taking the "holistic approach" they've been said to have. I just think people are correct in saying this isn't a "soft rejection", like it would be at many schools, so we shouldn't be too discouraged.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 pm

This is definitely scary, especially because I have borderline numbers and just applied last week, so I'll likely have to wait at least a month or two just to get waitlisted and have to wait who knows how much longer :(.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”