Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:55 am

sibley wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:
dsap45 wrote:also waitlisted via status checker today....complete since 12/1, FT


Now I'm getting worried. I can't see SAE's stats, but your GPA is pretty darn rocking. Why did Quinnipiac reject you? YP?

IS there an option of switching applications over to the pt after a ft waitlisting?

Yes, you get a form in the mail on which you can indicate which programs you want to be considered for. I originally applied for FT but switched to both after getting WL'ed.


WL with a 171? What's your GPA?... =/

3.2. I've only seen one non-URM splitter that wasn't WL'ed.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 am

SAE wrote:Should I give it a week or two to send out a LOCI or is it beneficial to do so right away?

They'll send you a form in the mail asking if you want to stay on the WL, you might as well wait to send your LOCI along with it.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 am

beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:Now I'm getting worried. I can't see SAE's stats, but your GPA is pretty darn rocking. Why did Quinnipiac reject you? YP?

IS there an option of switching applications over to the pt after a ft waitlisting?

Yes, you get a form in the mail on which you can indicate which programs you want to be considered for. I originally applied for FT but switched to both after getting WL'ed.


WL with a 171? What's your GPA?... =/

3.2. I've only seen one non-URM splitter that wasn't WL'ed.



Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:57 am

still complete....... getting scary :shock: :shock:

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:57 am

SAE wrote:Should I give it a week or two to send out a LOCI or is it beneficial to do so right away?


I'd send it as soon as possible. You want to show as much interest as possible.

Edit: If they send you a form, maybe send it back with it? I'd say if you don't get the form within a week, send the LOCI anyway.
Last edited by H. E. Pennypacker on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby SAE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:57 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:so are they actually planning on accepting anyone this year or what?

My guess is that they are wl'ing everyone in the murky middle (myself included), but will have significant waitlist activity later in the cycle to pick out ones who really care for the school and protect their yield at the same time.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 am

SAE wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:so are they actually planning on accepting anyone this year or what?

My guess is that they are wl'ing everyone in the murky middle (myself included), but will have significant waitlist activity later in the cycle to pick out ones who really care for the school and protect their yield at the same time.


ugh. that sucks for people like me who are planning on basing final decisions largely on aid...

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm

sibley wrote:Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

You shouldn't worry if you do end up on the WL. I actually think it's a form of YP, a way of letting me know I won't be getting any $ while letting the rest of my cycle play out. Looking through all the LSN apps that were either WL/rejected or WL/accepted the last few years, there were no 170+ on either list, meaning we usually end up going elsewhere. So I still like my chances of getting accepted further down the line if I don't withdraw first.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 pm

sorry to all the people who were WL today. i hope you will be at the top of the WL come march and april.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 pm

beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

You shouldn't worry if you do end up on the WL. I actually think it's a form of YP, a way of letting me know I won't be getting any $ while letting the rest of my cycle play out. Looking through all the LSN apps that were either WL/rejected or WL/accepted the last few years, there were no 170+ on either list, meaning we usually end up going elsewhere. So I still like my chances of getting accepted further down the line if I don't withdraw first.


Hm. Well if you're right, it looks like it's also a way of avoiding giving us scholarships... how often do they accept someone off the WL then give them money? It'll all be gone by then.

EDIT:
I sent a diversity statement to my reaches. I contacted admissions and they said it wasn't too late to add a document to my file at this point. Should I send it to Fordham or will it hold up my app?

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:12 pm

beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

You shouldn't worry if you do end up on the WL. I actually think it's a form of YP, a way of letting me know I won't be getting any $ while letting the rest of my cycle play out. Looking through all the LSN apps that were either WL/rejected or WL/accepted the last few years, there were no 170+ on either list, meaning we usually end up going elsewhere. So I still like my chances of getting accepted further down the line if I don't withdraw first.


depends on your gpa, i was admitted and well above both 75%. i dont think fordham really YPs.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm

sibley wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

You shouldn't worry if you do end up on the WL. I actually think it's a form of YP, a way of letting me know I won't be getting any $ while letting the rest of my cycle play out. Looking through all the LSN apps that were either WL/rejected or WL/accepted the last few years, there were no 170+ on either list, meaning we usually end up going elsewhere. So I still like my chances of getting accepted further down the line if I don't withdraw first.


Hm. Well if you're right, it looks like it's also a way of avoiding giving us scholarships... how often do they accept someone off the WL then give them money? It'll all be gone by then.

EDIT:
I sent a diversity statement to my reaches. I contacted admissions and they said it wasn't too late to add a document to my file at this point. Should I send it to Fordham or will it hold up my app?

Given Fordham's, uh, frugal reputation to begin with I'm definitely not counting on any money being available to me, no. You should ask the adcomms about whether adding to your file will lose your spot in line.

Sorry to everyone who got WL'ed today. They have gotten deep into it the last couple years and it looks like they're pursuing a similar strategy this year, so it's definitely not a soft ding like some other WLs.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:16 pm

i wonder if anyone will get in today... sigh.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 pm

AlanShore wrote:i wonder if anyone will get in [strike]today[/strike] ever... sigh.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Neil » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Another splitter here, stats in profile, waitlisted via status checker today. Had been "Complete 12/1". One of the few waitlists I'm likely to stay on, since Fordham is my only chance at staying in NYC and I do love the school. That said, the total debt I'd accrue at Fordham would likely be about 4x what I would accrue if I go to Minnesota, which is a pretty huge factor, so I will have to think this through...

Good luck to the rest of you!

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby beef wellington » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
sibley wrote:Well effing ay. That looks pretty bad for me... I'm 170/3.34. I did have mono which screwed up my gpa about .05 points... not looking like they'll care though.

You shouldn't worry if you do end up on the WL. I actually think it's a form of YP, a way of letting me know I won't be getting any $ while letting the rest of my cycle play out. Looking through all the LSN apps that were either WL/rejected or WL/accepted the last few years, there were no 170+ on either list, meaning we usually end up going elsewhere. So I still like my chances of getting accepted further down the line if I don't withdraw first.


depends on your gpa, i was admitted and well above both 75%. i dont think fordham really YPs.

Yeah I know it's not YP in the traditional sense, but I imagine you were offered $$? My theory is it's a YP mechanism in that they would accept me but can't offer me $, so are worried I wouldn't attend.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 pm

<bangs head on desk>

I really like their admissions office though. I just emailed them twice and they responded twice quite honestly and, from what I can tell, accurately.

"They are just now reading December...."

but what if my diversity statement manages to hurt me? =/ oy.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 pm

sibley wrote:<bangs head on desk>

I really like their admissions office though. I just emailed them twice and they responded twice quite honestly and, from what I can tell, accurately.

"They are just now reading December...."

but what if my diversity statement manages to hurt me? =/ oy.

what happened to november...............?

it wont hurt you. how could it? it just shows interest

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

AlanShore wrote:
sibley wrote:<bangs head on desk>

I really like their admissions office though. I just emailed them twice and they responded twice quite honestly and, from what I can tell, accurately.

"They are just now reading December...."

but what if my diversity statement manages to hurt me? =/ oy.

what happened to november...............?

it wont hurt you. how could it? it just shows interest


Interest as in I'm still interested in them? Or interest to the adcomm as in "oh look, that's different"?

Look how freaking wrong this is:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/02/11/lions.kenya/index.html?eref=rss_world&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_world+%28RSS%3A+World%29

User avatar
Lolek
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Lolek » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Wow, well here's a shot in the ass.

I'm waitlisted.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 pm

sibley wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
sibley wrote:<bangs head on desk>

I really like their admissions office though. I just emailed them twice and they responded twice quite honestly and, from what I can tell, accurately.

"They are just now reading December...."

but what if my diversity statement manages to hurt me? =/ oy.

what happened to november...............?

it wont hurt you. how could it? it just shows interest


Interest as in I'm still interested in them? Or interest to the adcomm as in "oh look, that's different"?

Look how freaking wrong this is:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/02/11/lions.kenya/index.html?eref=rss_world&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_world+%28RSS%3A+World%29

it shows youre really interested in them. you wouldnt go through the trouble of submitting one if you didnt really want to go to fordham


article is messed up!

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Lolek wrote:Wow, well here's a shot in the ass.

I'm waitlisted.

:( :( :( im sorry, lolek. today is not a good day for this thread.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah this a total bummer. Nygrrrl, anything????

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Yeah this a total bummer. Nygrrrl, anything????

ZILCH - but if Lolek is WL, I probably will be, too. Freaking out, more than a little.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:55 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Yeah this a total bummer. Nygrrrl, anything????

ZILCH - but if Lolek is WL, I probably will be, too. Freaking out, more than a little.

lolek isnt ft?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AustinLu, bobomac2, BruiseWillis, dreamer_13, Google Adsense [Bot], jstans, jurisdoctor2020, monotonemr and 30 guests