Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm

even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:I didn't want to wade through the snow so I did some online Yoga. Gym at home!

I bought a set of rollers to ride my bike in my apt so I could watch Lost and ride at the same time (multi-tasking rocks), but my downstairs neighbor complains every time I use it, so I'm forced to go to the gym if I wanna ride inside.

He then proceeds to typically ask me if I want to come play guitar with him. The answer to that riddle is always no.

Lol. can you maybe put the rollers in a doorway or something and still see the tv? if it's somewhere less bouncy/more structured/maybe moved from over his couch you might have better luck. Or possibly buy the version where you pop the wheel off and sell what you have on CL?
What kind of bike?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:I didn't want to wade through the snow so I did some online Yoga. Gym at home!

I bought a set of rollers to ride my bike in my apt so I could watch Lost and ride at the same time (multi-tasking rocks), but my downstairs neighbor complains every time I use it, so I'm forced to go to the gym if I wanna ride inside.

He then proceeds to typically ask me if I want to come play guitar with him. The answer to that riddle is always no.

Lol. can you maybe put the rollers in a doorway or something and still see the tv? if it's somewhere less bouncy/more structured/maybe moved from over his couch you might have better luck. Or possibly buy the version where you pop the wheel off and sell what you have on CL?
What kind of bike?

It's my road bike (it's a cannondale caad9 if you ride or that means anything to you), and I had a trainer, which is one of those deals that you just mount the rear wheel so there's no movement, and he complained about the "vibrations", even when I had a workshop mat and rug underneath it. I bought rollers and did the same thing and he still complained so I gave up.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:

What kind of bike?

It's my road bike (it's a cannondale caad9 if you ride or that means anything to you), and I had a trainer, which is one of those deals that you just mount the rear wheel so there's no movement, and he complained about the "vibrations", even when I had a workshop mat and rug underneath it. I bought rollers and did the same thing and he still complained so I gave up.

Get him evicted.
I want to get my bf a new roadbike - his old trek 1320 was stolen about this time last year. but I'm poor and road bikes don't agree with that. I did find a cannondale something or other on cl for $300 when it was worth about $600. But I didn't know. And also $300 is too much for me.... since I'm poor.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:43 pm

sibley wrote:Get him evicted.
I want to get my bf a new roadbike - his old trek 1320 was stolen about this time last year. but I'm poor and road bikes don't agree with that. I did find a cannondale something or other on cl for $300 when it was worth about $600. But I didn't know. And also $300 is too much for me.... since I'm poor.

Ugh, I'd love to get him evicted. He's creepy too, he's like 60, long greasy hair, rocks the leather vest and tight leather pants and looks at me funny when I see him in the hallway. I'm a dude and larger than he is and I'm still kinda afraid.

Yeah road bikes are not wallet friendly. I worked in shops for a number of years and was on a team for a while so that helped out a lot. I would definitely check something out before I bought it on CL. Feel free to link it if you have q's.

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 pm

I put on fitTV and did some kind of kickboxing for like... 15 minutes lol...

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:20 pm

I think I'd like to learn some yoga before starting law school...

It would probably really help, no?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Alright Lovelies... another day and we're all still here!
Hooray!
Here's to tomorrow...

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 am

(Is everybody ready? OK...)
GOOD MORNING, PARTY PEOPLE!

Happy Thursday, all. Schools are open, roads are ploughed....
Here's hoping some of us get some news, today.
:mrgreen:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 am

cherryalamode wrote:I think I'd like to learn some yoga before starting law school...

I'm simply going to buy a carton of stress balls, and sleep in it.

nygrrrl wrote:Here's hoping some of us get some news, today.
:mrgreen:

Hopefully they're all refreshed, and ready to look at apps with fresh eyes and say "Sure, you had a 147 and were convicted of arson, but you included a headshot in your app, and I think you're adorable. Today's your lucky day! You're going to Fordham Law!" And that app would be mine and I would finally get in.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 am

even2flow wrote:
Hopefully they're all refreshed, and ready to look at apps with fresh eyes and say "Sure, you had a 147 and were convicted of arson, but you included a headshot in your app, and I think you're adorable. Today's your lucky day! You're going to Fordham Law!" And that app would be mine and I would finally get in.

LOL :mrgreen:

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:37 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:

LOL :mrgreen:

+1... except for the arson part, which gets a :?

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

sibley wrote:

+1... except for the arson part, which gets a :?

Sorry :oops:

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 am

ugh back to work. It was nice to have wednesday off though, it's clearly the worst day of the workweek.

Finished season 2 of damages; it was outstanding.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 am

cherryalamode wrote:I think I'd like to learn some yoga before starting law school...

Definitely couldn't hurt.

However, it works much better when your bf ISN'T playing Modern Warfare 2 three feet away. You still get the stretch, but not so much the clarity of mind ;-)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:08 am

anyone up to anything interesting this weekend?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:anyone up to anything interesting this weekend?

yesss!
I'm actually doing something with friends this weekend! same-gender ones, even!!! ...we're going to go see some overly-chicky flicky.

And then I need to go to target because they charged me twice for something that cost $1.30 and I want my money back. I'd actually just go in and take a second one but I have a feeling that would still be considered stealing, even though I already techinically bought it.

I may also buy stamps.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 am

Leaving Friday after work to drive to NYC :D

Getting together with a bunch of buddies from college.

Then dog sitting back home, bringing Season 2 of Lost and No Country for Old Men (which I haven't seen yet). At least one night will be awesome.

Clair1331

Postby Clair1331 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 am

Chinese New Year!! Which basically means going to my mother-in-laws and eating until I slip into a food coma :D Also, Valentine's Day, but husband and I are postponing to avoid some of the day of craziness.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 am

Clair1331 wrote:

Chinese New Year!! Which basically means going to my mother-in-laws and eating until I slip into a food coma :D Also, Valentine's Day, but husband and I are postponing to avoid some of the day of craziness.

how sad is it that I've been in a relationship for a year and a half and completely forgot about vday until you said this.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 am

Eh, I have to go into work on Sunday -- but going to see the Tim Burton Exhibit at MoMA on Monday! :-D

Going to dinner with the bf on Friday and baking cookies for dessert. Pretty quiet weekend, actually. You?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am

LaurenGayle wrote:

going to see the Tim Burton Exhibit at MoMA on Monday! :-D

WHOAAAAAA!!!! They have one of those??? You've got to let me know if they have any themed items in the gift shop.

...ever been to the Museum of Sex? I found the window display to be fulfilling enough.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 am

LaurenGayle wrote:

Eh, I have to go into work on Sunday -- but going to see the Tim Burton Exhibit at MoMA on Monday! :-D

Are you a Burton fan? I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Buy your ticket for the Burton exhibit online, I got shut out last time I went :(

Alice in Wonderland looks pretty cool so far. Def want to see it though cause I enjoy most of the things him or Johnny Depp do.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Here's the link -- I'm really excited to see it! http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/313

I am also really looking forward to Alice in Wonderland. Love Buton and love Johnny Depp!

Clair1331

Postby Clair1331 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am

sibley wrote:
Clair1331 wrote:

how sad is it that I've been in a relationship for a year and a half and completely forgot about vday until you said this.

My husband watches Sports Center on ESPN, and they've had an ongoing countdown to Valentines Day for at least a week to help the gentlemen out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”