Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JusticeHarlan

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:See 2m30 for information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyIwa69Opuc

That was a great interview!

Here's the stats they were referring to, if you're interested:
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... hbxlogin=1

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

+1 thanks for posting that!

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice youtube and article.

GO FORDHAM!

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am

Snow day in NYC tomorrow! I'm not working! So I can post and not just lurk, lol. (At work, I can only lurk)

On to the beginning of a new day! :)

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 am

On my app to Fordham I listed all the other schools I applied to just like it asked (16 other schools at the time). I was wondering since I applied to so many other schools and I show no real connection to NYC in my app and I am a borderline applicant-164/3.9, if Fordham is more likely to reject me to YP. Anyone else concerned about this?

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:On my app to Fordham I listed all the other schools I applied to just like it asked (16 other schools at the time). I was wondering since I applied to so many other schools and I show no real connection to NYC in my app and I am a borderline applicant-164/3.9, if Fordham is more likely to reject me to YP. Anyone else concerned about this?

According to LSN and LSP you're an auto-admit, not borderline at all.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 am

cherryalamode wrote:Snow day in NYC tomorrow! I'm not working! So I can post and not just lurk, lol. (At work, I can only lurk)

On to the beginning of a new day! :)

Last week, they sent out a batch of acceptances on Wednesday, so here's hoping for a good, new day for everyone in this thread!

(You know, assuming the adcom people can make it through the snow :P .)

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 am

Has anyone gotten in contact with the admissions office via email lately? I emailed them twice, once last week once a few days ago at LAWADMISSIONS@law.fordham.edu and I've gotten no response.

My numbers are 169/3.1 and I'm a current Peace Corps volunteer. I got waitlisted back in December. Does that sound like YP or just a legit WL? I would basically enroll today if they admitted me and I almost said as much in an email but no response. I want to be in NYC so badly. I'd even dump $20k/yr and $30k/yr at Notre Dame and Illinois, respectively.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:09 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Has anyone gotten in contact with the admissions office via email lately? I emailed them twice, once last week once a few days ago at LAWADMISSIONS@law.fordham.edu and I've gotten no response.

My numbers are 169/3.1 and I'm a current Peace Corps volunteer. I got waitlisted back in December. Does that sound like YP or just a legit WL? I would basically enroll today if they admitted me and I almost said as much in an email but no response. I want to be in NYC so badly. I'd even dump $20k/yr and $30k/yr at Notre Dame and Illinois, respectively.

It's not YP, but I bet you get in. On LSN the LSAT scores for every applicant listed as WL/rejected for the last four cycles are all lower than yours.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 am

GOOD MORNING, PARTY PEOPLE!

Well... for those of you not in the City, it's snowing here. A lot. Schools are all
closed... anyone want to call over to Fordham, just to see if the Admissions
Office is open? lol.

Welcome to Wednesday.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah if it's snowing really bad and classes are cancelled, there's no way we're seeing movement today. If I'm wrong and I get in today, I'll buy you all a beer.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am

even2flow wrote:Yeah if it's snowing really bad and classes are cancelled, there's no way we're seeing movement today. If I'm wrong and I get in today, I'll buy you all a beer.

OK, but really? Wouldn't that just make it the Best Snowday, EVER? :lol:

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

nygrrrl wrote:OK, but really? Wouldn't that just make it the Best Snowday, EVER? :lol:

Not really, it's not snowing here yet, so I'm at work :)

It would be the best ever if I was outside building a fort in the snow and was hand delivered a letter by a dude on horseback because it was so urgent that I was accepted that they had to brave the weather to let me know.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 am

even2flow wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:OK, but really? Wouldn't that just make it the Best Snowday, EVER? :lol:

Not really, it's not snowing here yet, so I'm at work :)

It would be the best ever if I was outside building a fort in the snow and was hand delivered a letter by a dude on horseback because it was so urgent that I was accepted that they had to brave the weather to let me know.

HAHA - no, wait. A dude on a CLYDESDALE. Wrapped in animal skins.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 am

Well, no one is picking up the phone at the Admissions Office. Just as a kicker, the mailbox is full, too. :D

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am

SAE wrote:Well, no one is picking up the phone at the Admissions Office. Just as a kicker, the mailbox is full, too. :D

lol
i knew one of us would call...

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Has anyone gotten in contact with the admissions office via email lately? I emailed them twice, once last week once a few days ago at LAWADMISSIONS@law.fordham.edu and I've gotten no response.

1) I am so jealous of those of you who don't have to work today because of the snow I'm looking at this blizzard out of the window of my office, and I have TWO offsite meetings that I have to get to through this. It is pretty, though.

2) I've emailed people in admissions several times throughout the past month and have not heard anything back (and these are people who were responding pretty regularly throughout December). I think they are just super busy and are trying to prioritize so that they can let all of you wonderful people in before March! :-)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:30 am

Well I'm only an hour north or the city and we haven't gotten nearly the snow we were expecting. Maybe 1.5 inches. Very disappointing.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 am

SAE wrote:Just as a kicker, the mailbox is full, too. :D

That's hillarious. Being the admissions office must be like having a lot of really, really, insecure and possesive SO's.

"Just calling to ask if I lost a limb, would you still love me?"

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 am

even2flow wrote:
SAE wrote:Just as a kicker, the mailbox is full, too. :D

That's hillarious. Being the admissions office must be like having a lot of really, really, insecure and possesive SO's.

"Just calling to ask if I lost a limb, would you still love me?"

roflmao

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I'm only an hour north or the city and we haven't gotten nearly the snow we were expecting. Maybe 1.5 inches. Very disappointing.

Ya, I'm not convinced we're going to get the 18 inches I was hoping for...

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 am

nygrrrl wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Well I'm only an hour north or the city and we haven't gotten nearly the snow we were expecting. Maybe 1.5 inches. Very disappointing.

Idk -- it's pretty blizzardy in the Financial District right now, and the worst is supposed to come between 12 and 5pm. I'm thinking we'll definitely get at least 10-12 inches.

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 am

This.

I was planning on going skiing in Catskills this weekend.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Idk -- it's pretty blizzardy in the Financial District right now, and the worst is supposed to come between 12 and 5pm. I'm thinking we'll definitely get at least 10-12 inches.

hee hee hee - it's pretty cool, isn't it? Sorry you have to be at work - my husband does, too. Me?
Snow, sledding, cocoa, cookie baking...

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am

nygrrrl wrote:cookie baking...

I'm going to PM you my home address. Feel free to send love.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”