Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Take your time, Fordham. You're only deciding whether I move from my current home, and my whole future. Seriously, though, take your time. I know you don't feel the same way I do about you, but come on. I was nice enough to tell you up front that I wanted you. I even got some of my friends and acquaintances to vouch for me! I even took a painful logic test for you! And I've sent you letters that say that I'm still interested even though you couldn't give me a firm answer the first time around. Hell, I even came and met you personally, and talked to you about what you wanted me to say to you to make a more favorable impression.

But seriously, take your time! :?

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Man, someone made that post asking what plans you'd have if you didn't get into Fordham and that got me thinking. I applied to about 10 other schools, have gotten accepted at some with handsome scholly, accepted at some peer or near peer to fordham and not suprisngly rejected at some reaches, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I won't be happy if I'm not at Fordham. I REALLY want to go to Law School, it is my passion and it is what I want to do for a career and I'm sure I can get a great education at another school, but something about Fordham draws me that makes me feel like I won't be happy elsewhere (the people obviouslly being one of those draws, the clinics too XD)

LiveFree
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby LiveFree » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:If I do end up at Fordham, NYC COL will definitely take some getting used to. I currently live in a nice 3 BR apt in a mid-size city in Kansas with two roommates and my rent is ~200/mo.


I live in NYC (Union Square) in a 1 bedroom shoe box, approx 650 sq ft, and it costs me 2700/mo. Ha.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Man, someone made that post asking what plans you'd have if you didn't get into Fordham and that got me thinking. I applied to about 10 other schools, have gotten accepted at some with handsome scholly, accepted at some peer or near peer to fordham and not suprisngly rejected at some reaches, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I won't be happy if I'm not at Fordham. I REALLY want to go to Law School, it is my passion and it is what I want to do for a career and I'm sure I can get a great education at another school, but something about Fordham draws me that makes me feel like I won't be happy elsewhere (the people obviouslly being one of those draws, the clinics too XD)


I completely understand your point of view. So far I've only heard from one school, and that's in DC. I'm not sure I'm ready to move from NYC, or if DC would be a good fit. I really am dying to hear from the NY schools I've applied to, Fordham included.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm

LiveFree wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:If I do end up at Fordham, NYC COL will definitely take some getting used to. I currently live in a nice 3 BR apt in a mid-size city in Kansas with two roommates and my rent is ~200/mo.


I live in NYC (Union Square) in a 1 bedroom shoe box, approx 650 sq ft, and it costs me 2700/mo. Ha.


that's a nice apartment though!
I'm favoring cheaper neighborhoods so I can get more sqft for my money... which isn't going to be much.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Man, someone made that post asking what plans you'd have if you didn't get into Fordham and that got me thinking. I applied to about 10 other schools, have gotten accepted at some with handsome scholly, accepted at some peer or near peer to fordham and not suprisngly rejected at some reaches, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I won't be happy if I'm not at Fordham. I REALLY want to go to Law School, it is my passion and it is what I want to do for a career and I'm sure I can get a great education at another school, but something about Fordham draws me that makes me feel like I won't be happy elsewhere (the people obviouslly being one of those draws, the clinics too XD)


I completely understand your point of view. So far I've only heard from one school, and that's in DC. I'm not sure I'm ready to move from NYC, or if DC would be a good fit. I really am dying to hear from the NY schools I've applied to, Fordham included.


Well, based on your numbers you probably have a decent shot at the top 2 in NY. Hopefully it works out, one way or another.

User avatar
Lolek
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Lolek » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Man, someone made that post asking what plans you'd have if you didn't get into Fordham and that got me thinking. I applied to about 10 other schools, have gotten accepted at some with handsome scholly, accepted at some peer or near peer to fordham and not suprisngly rejected at some reaches, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like I won't be happy if I'm not at Fordham. I REALLY want to go to Law School, it is my passion and it is what I want to do for a career and I'm sure I can get a great education at another school, but something about Fordham draws me that makes me feel like I won't be happy elsewhere (the people obviouslly being one of those draws, the clinics too XD)


For some reason, regardless of the fact that my numbers are Fordham status, I wanted to go to Fordham before I even got my score. I did a lot of research on it, I've seen the area and been around the school. It's a gut instinct type of thing, at least for me.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby goosey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

waiting for lsat retake score, waiting for fordham, waiting to see what i get for valentine's day..


all this waiting..ahh

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:27 pm

i dont expect to hear back until march now! sighhhzzzz.

hoping for a gigantic snow storm tomorrow.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

AlanShore wrote:
hoping for a gigantic snow storm tomorrow.


Ditto. We've already pretty much decided to close the office tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish Damages S2!

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

AlanShore wrote:i dont expect to hear back until march now! sighhhzzzz.

hoping for a gigantic snow storm tomorrow.


Ditto, then I can avoid doing the seven summaries I have due for a "Law and the Entertainment Business" class I'm taking :D

Not that I don't enjoy it...it's just, alot of work =(

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby even2flow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:
AlanShore wrote:i dont expect to hear back until march now! sighhhzzzz.

hoping for a gigantic snow storm tomorrow.


Ditto, then I can avoid doing the seven summaries I have due for a "Law and the Entertainment Business" class I'm taking :D

Not that I don't enjoy it...it's just, alot of work =(


That sounds like the coolest class ever actually. Short of taking "puppy dogs, candy, and fireworks 101"

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm

What have people figured out about Fordham's decision-making strategy? Do they go through all the auto-admits quickly, and then go back through people more slowly, or is it strictly first-come, first-served? Do they give out mostly admits early, like W & M, or do they admit and deny equally?

Also, how do they notify A, D, WL...

I am sure this is probably in this thread somewhere, but it is a long thread. Also, it appears to be a friendly thread, so hopefully people won't mind answering again.
Last edited by Interminable_Waiting on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby AlanShore » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:What have people figured out about Fordham's decision-making strategy? Do they go through all the auto-admits quickly, and then go back through people more slowly, or is it strictly first-come, first-served? Do they give out mostly admits early, like W & M, or do they admit and deny equally?

Also, how do they notify A, D, WL...

I am sure this is proably in this thread somewhere, but it is a long thread. Also, it appears to be a friendly thread, so hopefully people won't mind answering again.

man no one knows this year!! they seem to admit autoadmits early but this year they WL some too! if youre a strong admit it seems you're in pretty quickly. AUTOadmit and they MIGHT WL you to protect yield.

we think they are waiting to see ALL their applicants before making decisions on median or borderline #s

check LSN (last yrs cycle) for the timeline. but remember, it may very well be different this year because of the increased # of applicants,

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Lolek wrote:For some reason, regardless of the fact that my numbers are Fordham status, I wanted to go to Fordham before I even got my score. I did a lot of research on it, I've seen the area and been around the school. It's a gut instinct type of thing, at least for me.


THIS. There was never any other choice, for me. I did my research, knew what I wanted, applied.
This may bite me in the ass, but Fordham is what I want - it's that, or bust.

User avatar
audrey hepburn
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby audrey hepburn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:30 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Lolek wrote:For some reason, regardless of the fact that my numbers are Fordham status, I wanted to go to Fordham before I even got my score. I did a lot of research on it, I've seen the area and been around the school. It's a gut instinct type of thing, at least for me.


THIS. There was never any other choice, for me. I did my research, knew what I wanted, applied.
This may bite me in the ass, but Fordham is what I want - it's that, or bust.



what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

audrey hepburn wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Lolek wrote:For some reason, regardless of the fact that my numbers are Fordham status, I wanted to go to Fordham before I even got my score. I did a lot of research on it, I've seen the area and been around the school. It's a gut instinct type of thing, at least for me.


THIS. There was never any other choice, for me. I did my research, knew what I wanted, applied.
This may bite me in the ass, but Fordham is what I want - it's that, or bust.



what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?



pheromones.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm

audrey hepburn wrote:what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?

That's a really good question, Audrey, and I debated answering you because it will "out" me to Adcoms...
But OK. (If they're trolling the boards, they've already figured me out!)
I've wanted to go to Fordham Law since I was a senior in high school. That year, I was privileged to serve as a juror for a mock trial, at Fordham... but then my life and my career kept making me say, "Oh, NEXT year I'll apply!" Now, I'm 20 years out of college and the minute I thought of LS, I thought of Fordham. They have one of the top ADR programs in the country (what I hope to specialize in), are close to my home, have an ethical philosophy which mirrors my own... does that answer it, a little? Fordham is my dream school.
It's the only place I applied, because it's the only place I want to attend.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
audrey hepburn wrote:what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?

That's a really good question, Audrey, and I debated answering you because it will "out" me to Adcoms...
But OK. (If they're trolling the boards, they've already figured me out!)
I've wanted to go to Fordham Law since I was a senior in high school. That year, I was privileged to serve as a juror for a mock trial, at Fordham... but then my life and my career kept making me say, "Oh, NEXT year I'll apply!" Now, I'm 20 years out of college and the minute I thought of LS, I thought of Fordham. They have one of the top ADR programs in the country (what I hope to specialize in), are close to my home, have an ethical philosophy which mirrors my own... does that answer it, a little? Fordham is my dream school.
It's the only place I applied, because it's the only place I want to attend.


wow you're a REAL grownup.
they're gonna let you in 99% for sure. the 1%? them thinking maybe you'll keep pushing it off again.

User avatar
audrey hepburn
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby audrey hepburn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:37 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
audrey hepburn wrote:what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?

That's a really good question, Audrey, and I debated answering you because it will "out" me to Adcoms...
But OK. (If they're trolling the boards, they've already figured me out!)
I've wanted to go to Fordham Law since I was a senior in high school. That year, I was privileged to serve as a juror for a mock trial, at Fordham... but then my life and my career kept making me say, "Oh, NEXT year I'll apply!" Now, I'm 20 years out of college and the minute I thought of LS, I thought of Fordham. They have one of the top ADR programs in the country (what I hope to specialize in), are close to my home, have an ethical philosophy which mirrors my own... does that answer it, a little? Fordham is my dream school.
It's the only place I applied, because it's the only place I want to attend.


Thank you for answering my question! I understand your point of of view on why you want to go to Fordham now. In my case, I just want to hear about why people choose certain schools over others just to help give me some insight into choosing law school because I am very indecisive and don't know a great deal about law schools or even what EXACTLY lawyers do to tell you the truth. But I do think to a certain degree, unless you go through it yourself you never really are sure of what you're getting yourself into.

You ONLY applied to Fordham? I'm sure you'll get in (If I was on the Fordham adcoms I would definitely accept you right away) but as a backup wouldn't you want to apply to at least one more school just in case? But I do think it's admirable of you to stick with your dream and just keep going towards it, knowing the downside to it all. That's pretty awesome if you ask me :)

User avatar
audrey hepburn
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby audrey hepburn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I also wonder why it would take them so long to reply to you. I guess some things we will never know for sure.

User avatar
audrey hepburn
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby audrey hepburn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm

sibley wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
audrey hepburn wrote:what is it about Fordham that makes you so sure about it?

That's a really good question, Audrey, and I debated answering you because it will "out" me to Adcoms...
But OK. (If they're trolling the boards, they've already figured me out!)
I've wanted to go to Fordham Law since I was a senior in high school. That year, I was privileged to serve as a juror for a mock trial, at Fordham... but then my life and my career kept making me say, "Oh, NEXT year I'll apply!" Now, I'm 20 years out of college and the minute I thought of LS, I thought of Fordham. They have one of the top ADR programs in the country (what I hope to specialize in), are close to my home, have an ethical philosophy which mirrors my own... does that answer it, a little? Fordham is my dream school.
It's the only place I applied, because it's the only place I want to attend.


wow you're a REAL grownup.
they're gonna let you in 99% for sure. the 1%? them thinking maybe you'll keep pushing it off again.


^^agree

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm

sibley wrote:wow you're a REAL grownup.
they're gonna let you in 99% for sure. the 1%? them thinking maybe you'll keep pushing it off again.

You and Audrey are sweet.
I took a huge chance.
It's a crazy cycle/year.
I hope that Fordham thinks I'd be a great addition to the Class of 2014, but we will see.
Audrey, I understand your confusion/questions: I have many friends applying to schools, this cycle, and almost all of them are like you - trying to figure out what they want/ where they want to be.
I think that my situation is very unusual.
This process - from taking the LSAT to putting in the application - has been wonderful. Tough, but enlightening. I now know exactly what I want. If it doesn't pan out, this year? Well, I'll have to knuckle down and MAKE it happen, next year.
I love this thread.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 pm


User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:38 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:See 2m30 for information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyIwa69Opuc

That was a great interview!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bleakchimera2, carlos_danger, Exabot [Bot], Keilz, Lawl_Schoolz, lg77, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, Maaza, mse2020, notsolawful, TexasENG, tparty, whodareswins and 42 guests