Fordham Waiting Room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lolek

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Postby Lolek » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Looks like my post brought out some sleepers from the woodwork that beat even our date of completion. Haha.

So, just for kicks...let's have a little fun!

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Just kind of curious where some of you regulars here stand on this...worst case scenario, suppose for whatever reason you don't get in, what are your options? Would you go somewhere else? Would you retake and apply again next year? Would you move on from law school altogether?

Personally, in my cycle, I've heard from 11 of the 14 schools I applied to. Of the remaining 3, Fordham is the most realistic. Though I've gotten into other schools, based on my personal situation and the overall market for lawyers, I think I would be better off retaking and reapplying to schools next year with (hopefully) an improved score.

If BU accepts me but Fordham rejects me I will be forced to go with BU. However, if both reject me I will reapply. I dont know if I'd retake the lsat though.... I'd kind of just hope I'd have better luck next cycle. This cycle seems so tough. Also, I'd apply earlier (EARLIER THAN 11/16).

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Lolek wrote:Looks like my post brought out some sleepers from the woodwork that beat even our date of completion. Haha.

So, just for kicks...let's have a little fun!

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

more like 3 or 4 folders!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm

AlanShore wrote:Also, I'd apply earlier (EARLIER THAN 11/16).

LOL - cut to.... all of us reapplying waiting to hit "send" the MINUTE the applications are up on the LSAC site...

Lolek

Postby Lolek » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Well, each folder contains many applications for better organization. I think all of us would fit into 1. ;)

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Wow, just checking in after a few days in snow exile. Lots of new posts, not a lot of action! Not cool, Fordham.

I was interested HEP's post about reapplying next year. I'm not sure how I feel about that, at least for my situation. I understand why one would retake and reapply, but I'm just so ready to get back to school and kick some ass. Hopefully Fordham recognizes that when they reassess my waitlisted file, but who knows. I still hold out hope that we'll all be hanging out together next year on the UWS.

And today marks 63 days on the waitlist for me!

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm enjoying lurking the 'work experience is irrelevant' thread.

edit for clarity :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:23 pm

even2flow wrote:I'm enjoying lurking the 'work experience is irrelevant' thread.

edit for clarity :)

they're all so very angry. I know where to go when I want to fight with someone, I guess.

paminator

Postby paminator » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Sigh. No Fordham decision AND no Paterson expose? Definitely a Dashboard Confessional night :cry:

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm sure you guys explained this.. but I forget.

My application is complete. Will it ever be going to committee according to the status checker? Or will DR be the next step?

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:36 pm

sibley wrote:I'm sure you guys explained this.. but I forget.

My application is complete. Will it ever be going to committee according to the status checker? Or will DR be the next step?

DR

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 pm

sibley wrote:they're all so very angry. I know where to go when I want to fight with someone, I guess.

Seriously, it must get heated in a room with so many knowledgable experts tho, and it's all doom and gloom.

I remember talking to my buddy who's in law school now about applying and telling him about some of pessimistic the "discussions" that I've stumbled across, and he just said "yeah...the internet says a lot of things." I thought that was good.

paminator wrote:Sigh. No Fordham decision AND no Paterson expose? Definitely a Dashboard Confessional night :cry:

Hah, awesome. I'd recommend Say Anything or Death Cab over Dashboard tho. Look, I'm off work in a few minutes, I'll change into my skinny jeans and my Chucks and we can talk about it.

Think DR is next step.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:38 pm

even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote:they're all so very angry. I know where to go when I want to fight with someone, I guess.

Seriously, it must get heated in a room with so many knowledgable experts tho, and it's all doom and gloom.

I remember talking to my buddy who's in law school now about applying and telling him about some of pessimistic the "discussions" that I've stumbled across, and he just said "yeah...the internet says a lot of things." I thought that was good.

paminator wrote:Sigh. No Fordham decision AND no Paterson expose? Definitely a Dashboard Confessional night :cry:

Hah, awesome. I'd recommend Say Anything or Death Cab over Dashboard tho. Look, I'm off work in a few minutes, I'll change into my skinny jeans and my Chucks and we can talk about it.

Think DR is next step.

This whole thing made me :D

PS. The Denial Twist works for non-decisions as well as negative ones....

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:41 pm

All of the regulars waiting for a response:

If you get in, I have a feeling all of you will be best friends, lol.

Im also stuck in limbo with you guys, but alas, not a regular...

:)

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm

cherryalamode wrote:All of the regulars waiting for a response:

YET, Cherry... YET....! :mrgreen:

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
cherryalamode wrote:All of the regulars waiting for a response:

YET, Cherry... YET....! :mrgreen:

It happened last cycle. About eight of the regulars are now really close friends, and I still see people I talked to every day. Here's to a repeat of history, then back to my reading. :mrgreen:

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm

day over. new day begins tomorrow.

anyone planning a fun spring break trip (if you're currently in school) or any kind of nice vacation soon? i'm off to puerto rico in less than 4 weeks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm

I went complete on Friday, applied a week ago. My numbers: 164/3.9 with strong softs-study abroad in developing country, student body prez, and 2 years professional experience working for a Congressman, although there are no strong connections to NYC in my app. I applied to the FT program; am I looking like a weak admit, a waitlist, or borderline reject?

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:I went complete on Friday, applied a week ago. My numbers: 164/3.9 with strong softs-study abroad in developing country, student body prez, and 2 years professional experience working for a Congressman, although there are no strong connections to NYC in my app. I applied to the FT program; am I looking like a weak admit, a waitlist, or borderline reject?

based on LSN, id say moderate admit. definitely not reject.

edited to add moderate because thus far, no one with those #s has been WL or rejected but some people last year were WL

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 pm

AlanShore wrote:day over. new day begins tomorrow.

anyone planning a fun spring break trip (if you're currently in school) or any kind of nice vacation soon? i'm off to puerto rico in less than 4 weeks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh man do I miss spring break. My trips included Europe (Poland, Germany, Czech Rep.), Vegas, and a Caribbean cruise. Good times.

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

Oh man do I miss spring break. My trips included Europe (Poland, Germany, Czech Rep.), Vegas, and a Caribbean cruise. Good times.

wow you did Poland Germany and Czech all in one week??

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Oh man do I miss spring break. My trips included Europe (Poland, Germany, Czech Rep.), Vegas, and a Caribbean cruise. Good times.

I miss traveling, in general! Once you have kids... that passport gets really dusty, really fast.
(I am jonesing to take my husband to CZ - he's never been and I want to show him Praha...!)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 pm

AlanShore wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

wow you did Poland Germany and Czech all in one week??

It was part of a travel seminar, we were over there for about 12 days I think. It was FREEZING! I'd love to go back though.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:19 pm

LUCKY! I liked Puerto Rico when I was there.

Last year I was in Greece for spring break. This year, I'm going to DC to visit Georgetown for their open house for admitted students. I can't decide if last year was better or this year! I am going to Berlin in April though for a competition that I am in. So I can't complain.

Truth be told, I wish I was going somewhere warm. NY is about to get hit with 18 inches of snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:I am going to Berlin in April.

Jealous

Kim617 wrote:Truth be told, I wish I was going somewhere warm. NY is about to get hit with 18 inches of snow Tuesday/Wednesday.

Bummer. Luckily we missed out on this last one.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”